Current state of Author General

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
Screenshot 2022-10-26 200824.jpg

these people are disgusting.

whatever, I guess I have no choice but to walk out from this forum for a while, I hope things will gets better once I get back.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
View attachment 15858

these people are disgusting.

whatever, I guess I have no choice to walk out from this forum for a while, I hope it'll gets better once I get back.
Nice to see my fuckface twice.
Holy shit i was responding to some of them didn't realize it's being copy pasted... i feel dumb but i guess it was quite a help?
Nah nah nah, you good.

Maybe too good for the Internet.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Are those actual copy-pastes on content btw? I genuinely didn't check.

Because like, author general is meant to be a more serious subforum... If they are just making random copy-paste threads, then you should report all that and ask it to be moved to General.

Joke threads and copy-pastas are not a problem, but they should be restricted to the lax subforums, not to the serious subforums.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl

Because like, author general is meant to be a more serious subforum... If they are just making random copy-paste threads, then you should report all that and ask it to be moved to General.

Joke threads and copy-pastas are not a problem, but they should be restricted to the lax subforums, not to the serious subforums.
didn't really check. but most of it looks like a genuine thread asking for advice if you're looking it at a glance.

the problem is not it being a copy pasta, but it's that they're making it a fad and everyone think it's funny. hence why everyone just replying the thread with joke answer.

which actually make them in a loophole of things despite it's basically an obtuse vandalism to a subforum.

it's not the first time I experience things like this, there's nothing to report because they're technically didn't break any rules. that's why the only things we can do is to wait until they bored and the fad died down by itself.

except maybe for the part that this fad should've happened at discussion & writing tips subforum instead of author general.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

They are just like your usual threads. Even joke threads or copy-pasted threads have serious answers that differ from thread to thread.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
First, they came for the How to Make a Believable threads,

And I did not speak out,

For I did not find them funny,

Then they came for the Carefully jokes,

And I did not speak out,

Then they came for the Writing Prompts,

And there was no one left to speak for me.

- Kilolo Niemöller (2019 - 2022) Writing Prompt Creator and Serious Forum Supporter
Found dead in a ditch, stabbed 40 times in the back by a knife with @Ai-chan's fingerprints on the handle

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
First, they came for the How to Make a Believable threads,

And I did not speak out,

Then they came for the Carefully jokes,

And I did not speak out,

Then they came for the Writing Prompts,

And there was no one left to speak for me.

- Kilolo Niemöller (2019 - 2022) Writing Prompt Creator and Serious Forum Supporter
Found dead in a ditch, stabbed 40 times in the back by a knife with @Ai-chan's fingerprints on the handle
You speak as if someone would speak for you before that. BTW, Ai-chan is a stone-cold killer. This is slander. Ai-chan would stab you in the face, just once. If you live, good for you. If you don't, good for them.

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
So I'm not the only one who noticed this, hm. Anyway, some of the threads are reasonable but there is one that caught my attention, "How do you write a believable tree?"

Like, is he being serious?