Writing Prompt Describe a Room #1

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member

D

Deleted member 54065

The afternoon light from the sun shone through the glass windows of the room, illuminating the wide, almost-empty space between the king-size bed and the terrace.

I felt loneliness the longer I stared into the scene. It was a place full of memories, both happy and painful; yet like the wind that softly blew inside, it was gone in a blink of an eye.

(That's just me getting carried away)

TotallyHuman

The room was uncomfortably bright and clean. I would think it was an advertisement set piece but the used bed and other subtle details spoke of its habitants' existence. It clearly wasn't new and yet it looked so... dehumanized, depersonalized... There was something wrong with it.
The bright and welcoming colors felt toxic, the furniture with no traces of living felt fake. The carpet and the pictures on the wall, so immaculately and so precisely arranged - they hid dark things behind them.
The light that was permeating every corner - it was reflecting off the walls, off the ceiling, from everywhere to the point I could not see its source - was oppressing, it boxed me into a corner as I hissed at the spacious room with alarm. The instincts spoke to hide. They warned of danger

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
It is a beautiful room...

Well, that's how others would call it. But I see it differently, and it seems disconcerting.

The black world map looms over the bed as if it wanted to watch me sleep. It's disconnected parts could fit and connect with each other to form a portal big enough to send it's black agent to grab me while I dream.

If I lifted the messy bedsheets, I feel like I could see something I never wished to see.

And the bright lights? Don't get me started. If my intuition is right, there are hidden cameras besides the lights to hide their ploy to observe me. Don't believe me? Look at how empty the room is. I could stand at any spot and I could still have a wide view of the room. Even the bathroom have transparent glass...

And right now I'm under the bedsheets typing this out. I hope they don't find out I'm awak-

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
This isn't my room.

It's too clean. Too posh. The windows were spotless, so much so I damn near thought there weren't any glass there.

The mould on my sheets? Gone. Poorly-washed piss stains on the blankets? Non-existent. Hell, I don't think I even have a bed frame; just a mattress on the ground. My usual laundry pile from last month disappeared from the foot of my bed too, along with the audience of emptied water bottles behind it.

Never in my entire life would I ever consider getting a coffee table. Everything's on the floor in a neat, messy pile for me to navigate. Now they're sorted out, with fucking post it labels on it. And what kinda Caucasian fuck would get the map of the world stenciled above their beds?

As I stared around the expensive, sterilised atmosphere, the creeping suspicion that had been crawling around the back of my head started reaching towards the forefront of my mind.

I was kidnapped, and I gotta get the fuck out of Dodge.

Leti

Ever dream of world domination? A stylish and inspiring bedroom is essential to create the ideal sleeping environment for aspiring dictators!

Be surrounded by nefarious torture instruments in the form of various furniture; filled to the brim with cursed souls wriggling in agony. Hear the tortured voice of your enemies whenever you want! Satisfaction guaranteed!

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
you crazy rich bastard...
is the first thought that runs through my mind when I saw his room.

The room is so spacious. Not because it's wider than the living room at my family house, but because there's only minimal wood furniture here and there.
At first glance, the only noticeable part is a double bed with walnut wood as a frame, a dark-colored sofa across to it. Making the ash wood for the flooring fit the feeling of the room.
Only a few second after that I realize. A table & chair without a computer or any stationery equipment, I didn't see any drawer or a bookshelf. Which makes the room actually felt empty and lack of character even with those weirdly world-map tapestry stickied to the wall behind the bed.
There isn't any of his stuff lying around either. If only the bed isn't disheveled, I would totally assume that this room is almost never been used.

i then moving closer to the inside, to where his bathroom is. there's no door to connect between the room and the bathroom, only a white curtain.
Unlike the room which made of wood for its interior, the bathroom looks like made from a proper white ceramics and marbles. The sun is lit directly towards the bathroom as well makes it feels divine.

The owner of the room then looking at me with a smug face as if he's already win. and then I only sigh and say
"which love hotel are you copying these interiors from?"

LordAstrea

Catgirl Addict
Kirie wondered why a room needed so much open space. The intense light through the large windows was blinding -- and speaking of blinds, the ones provided seemed slightly transparent. She failed to see the point of them other than aesthetics, which didn't matter to her in the least. The small desk didn't provide enough room for a basic map to plan a quest. The chair's back looked as if it was shaped with intertwining vines of steel. The carpet was akin to a flat piece of cardboard rather than woven fibers.

The shower offered no privacy. She didn't really mind if someone she knew saw the scars marring her back, but it was also positioned next to the window. The place was pretty secluded, but again, it didn't make much sense to her.

Why do people live like this? Kirie thought.

It was like putting some extra sprinkles of spice on a slab of meat, or buying a bottle of alcohol with gold flakes at the bottom. Kirie always wondered why people bought expensive, insignificant things when they could just buy more meat instead.

Her eyes traveled the walls for anything interesting until they settled on the bed. The bed...Not just the bed. The pillows looked even more comfortable than the bed.

Kirie propped her double-edged axe against the wall and jumped face-first into the malleable softness. She could immediately tell that the mattress was form-fitting. The pillows didn't lose flexibility or shape like the other ones at the inns.

She curled up into a ball between the pillows. Now we're talking.

Catgirls don't care much for the finer things, unless it's a nice bed to sleep in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other perspective:
Alphonse put on his sunglasses and dramatically fit them to the bridge of his nose with two fingers. He scanned the room and puckered his lips a few times. "Ah, so this is what it's like to use Discord in light mode."

Lol. I'm so sorry.

Kitsura

The room was white, blindingly so and well lit enough that anything that was white in the room merged together with the monotonous plaster walls. The light brightening the room suggested a midday or morning sun and the bedroom led out into a bathroom that looked more like a snowbank than something someone actually used.

A painted picture of continents was on the blank walls almost as if the owner was trying to suggest that they were a worldly person. Which was betrayed by the utter lack of decoration and culture or any sort of individuality that a world traveler would possess.

Last edited:

FoxxieFox

Apprentice Wizard
A place the ghosts of interior decorators would be haunting
MY EYES!!

namio

It was a hotel room, really. White walls, white ceilings, wood-plank floor so glossy it was white too-- were it not for the bed, it could've passed off as a high-end electronics official store. It was all the aesthetics of corporate: bare, clean, polished to blinding shine, fake as a customer service smile. What color there were were carefully picked to be neutral. An off-black for contrast, they said, and dark wood for that elegant warmth, a map of the world on the wall to telegraph a sense of adventure, of that spirit of travel. Had to have personality, they said. Too white, and people would feel unwelcome. Too white, and the coldness would seep through...

But the bed was fine. It had space to roll around, the duvet just this side of worn as to not be cold, stiff, starched fabric. It helped that the color was friendly. The color of friendly concrete, sure, but it was a welcome break from the white of the ceiling. Even sitting up, the first color to see was white. At this point, all they did was move the arctic snowglare into a room... God, the daytime sunlight came in from the bathroom, yet it felt like the death throes of the sun had finally arrived outside. Was this the "corona" part of the virus? Humanity's front-row seat view of the transformation of the sun into a red giant? Time moved faster for objects at rest. Two weeks of quarantine, just to get to this country. Maybe a couple thousand years had passed? There was no way to check, this place had no clock. No TV either. Wouldn't be surprising, though, if an eternity had passed. Look at that sky. Did that look like a normal sun to you? It was so blindingly white.

Maybe it was time to check. Go beyond those pristine white panes...

(In short, I lost my sanity halfway through staring at that room)