Do Americans feel like they’re main characters?

• Thread starter Deleted member 42060
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
We both know you're just moving the goalpost after I've shown how uneducated you are.
The goalpost hasn't been moved, we weren't (at least I wasn't) arguing the definition of the separation of church and state or its legality. I'm sorry if that wasn't made clear in the post I made, but I assure you, I am aware of the history.

Can we also stop with the personal attacks? You can call me a dumb poopyhead all you want, it won't change the information presented, only make it mean-spirited. I don't have the spare emotional bandwidth to match your investment I'm afraid. I mean, I'm trying to talk about the original topic and you're here trying to prove that I'm stupid... come on, man.

Last edited:

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
That's rather blurry, but you can see it in certain news and radio shows (Bott Radio Network, though they're a very soft example that doesn't do much harm if any), as well as political forces (the Groypers) that make no distinction between Christianity as a religion and the country. Basically people who would unironically be two steps from agreeing to the founding of an caliphate if morality weren't an issue, and a few words were changed.
Ah. I guess I was looking for more blatant examples. I've honestly never given much thought to the mixture of religion when it comes to political matters, specifically American. The only time I've ever really seen religion as factoring in a political decision was on the topic of abortion, and that's just because it's such an obvious "in your face" example that you'd have to be a twit to not see the religious over/undertones.

Beyond that, I guess most of it goes over my head.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
The goalpost hasn't been moved, we weren't (at least I wasn't) arguing the definition of the separation of church and state or its legality. I'm sorry if that wasn't made clear in the post I made, but I assure you, I am aware of the history.

Can we also stop with the personal attacks? You can call me a dumb poopyhead all you want, it won't change the information presented, only make it mean-spirited. I don't have the emotional bandwidth to match your investment I'm afraid.
You clearly though it meant something else since you used the word "violated". You are clearly uneducated and a bad lier. Also it doesn't even make sense in that context.

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
You clearly though it meant something else since you used the word "violated". You are clearly uneducated and a bad lier.
You can violate an idea, a principle, a pledge, a promise, or a law. I think you thought I spoke of it as a law rather than an idea now, which I didn't, otherwise I would have called such an act illegal or some mutation of that accusation.

I would be more than happy to speak with you about the actual topic, or a lot of other things elsewhere, but I'm not sure if that's what you're interested in here, and I'm sensing that this is growing more uncivil by the moment.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
You can violate an idea, a principle, a pledge, a promise, or a law. I think you thought I spoke of it as a law rather than an idea now, which I didn't, otherwise I would have called such an act illegal or some mutation of that accusation.

I would be more than happy to speak with you about the actual topic, or a lot of other things elsewhere, but I'm not sure if that's what you're interested in here, and I'm sensing that this is growing more uncivil by the moment.
You are conflating separation of church and state, which you didn't know the meaning of and I had to explain to you, to secularism. You are either extremely stupid or lying.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Should be arriving soon...

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Thread has devolved into why nationalism is good or why nationalism is bad when the real discussion should be why they can't get any bitches.
Since that would just mean more people with issues to dump on you, shouldn't you rather be grateful we're doing what we're doing?

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Since that would just mean more people with issues to dump on you, shouldn't you rather be grateful we're doing what we're doing?
Yup, i dont care, I’m multiple

Status
Not open for further replies.