Do you pull your stories to publish on Amazon?

Ellen_Dunkel

As a reader: it's fine to delete a work you've written in order to sell it elsewhere. That said, if you're leaving parts of it up, you should put a warning in the summary so readers know most of it will be missing

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I have seen many authors seem to 'pull' their stories past a certain treshold in order to sell their content on Amazon (or other sites). Is this alright with readers? Do you think it is okay to cull 95% of a published book in order to sell it online? I'm new to this practice and it got me a bit stumped.

View attachment 20764
Pic unrelated.
No, you can still read Ai-chan's Felicia's Second Life on Royalroadl and Ai-chan's blog. The only difference is that the Amazon version has better editing, bonus chapters and original art. A lot of Ai-chan's readers can't pay so Ai-chan feels like pulling it out to put it on Amazon after they've been faithful fans was a betrayal of their support.

Ai-chan sells cheap, like $2.99 or so, so the people who buy it feel justified that they get the extra chapters, better editing and the original art at that price.