Does everyone here like "smut" ?

Nocturnis66

Can someone explain the lore behind the absurd popularity of smut stories? Me don't understand

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Let me sum up it for you:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I'm not an enjoyer of smut but it's really popular here for some reason.

Shamiko

Ur resident demon gurl <333
This place isn't called SmutHub for no reason lol

Last edited:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
It's an amateur writing site with somewhat of an anime theme going on, so pretty much everyone is (mental) age thirteen...

So yes, of course it's popular when most of the peeps here are horny monkeys.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I think its alright. Question really is does it offer more then just smut. Does it have a good story? Good characters? If not, then why should I care about the smut.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
No, smut is degenerate and bad for your soul.

J_Chemist

I enjoy smut but haven't found anything fappable here. More just self-insert type stuff.

But, some of them are really creative. I'll give them that.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
people flock to smut. Also Gender Bender and Girls Love especially. Boys Love has a niche following, but you'll also get haters.

To get on trending, though, you need to have the holy trinity of: writer skill, consistency, and writing something the audience likes.

IF YOUR STORY DOES NOT ALIGN WITH AUDIENCE WANTS AND YOU TRY TO FORCE IT TO THEN NOT ONLY WILL THEY NOTICE BUT YOUR STORY WILL NO LONGER REFLECT YOU AND IT WILL SUFFER FOR THAT ALONE.

Okay commercial authors can get away with it. Passion project authors never could.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
A long, long time ago, a cellular organism came into being. Some time after that, two cellular organisms got freaky and made a new one with some DNA from both 'parents'. After that, some stuff happened.

Then Monkey. Then Human. Humans really liked mating, but it wasn't a big deal.

Then some grumpy humans who couldn't mate said that mating ain't shit, and should be banned. For a while, they had their way. But then some humans figured out that they REALLY liked mating. And so smut.

The End.

(I like smut by the way, but I don't read it all that much anymore. I just don't have the time, sadly.)

proxybaba

it is, we are genetically perverted by nature and you can't deny it. this is a place where you can openly express yourself. so smuthub, I mean scribble hub is a treasure trove for that genre but before you conclude, most of the famous stories here do not have smut.

Nocturnis66

Interesting answers I have heard, I'm beginning to have a grasp as of why it's so popular here