Dragon Ball Z is the Best Anime Ever Made and you cant name a single anime better than it

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
Re Zero is a good Isekai but honestly the fight scenes do not have anything on DBZ. What does subaru do? Squid ink on an enemy? It has nothing on this.
Honestly you cannot name a single anime with better fight choreography.
Bet I got burnt out from "awesome" fight scenes. All I enjoy is his constant suffering.
Lol legit argument, no doubt
Yeah, totally "legit".

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
You have no appreciation for the classics. I bet you listen to rap music instead of Moshart(like me, I am very intelligent and appreciate the classics.)
moshart mo'shat' on a manuscript and made Gucci gang you absolute dumbfuck reprobate

TheExtraCharacter

No anime comes close to the grandeur of Dragon Ball Z, from Goku's incredible flat character arc and how it reflects on the world to the spectacle of every battle. There is no other shounen that lives up to it and all of them will always just be in its shadow.

I have seen hundreds of anime and not even one of them lives up to Dragon Ball Z, GT, and Super. Sorry, but you cannot name one anime better than dragon ball Z.

i can actually name plenty, however the one that takes the cake is definetly G.O.H which im pretty sure you dont know about, the fights for any of the db franchise are awesome dont get me wrong, but everything except that is just average, it has no real character development, the only thing ill accept as really good is dbs broly the new one.

D4isuke

sounds epic tbh
More like "epically" waste of time. How do I or we learned from this "cool shit of masterpiece"? Of course, all they have to is punching and throwing laser beams like RAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! KAMEMEMEMEHAAA!!!!!!!!! I'LL DESTROY THIS WORLD LIKE NEVER BEFORE!! BWAHAHAHAH!!

Really?

Come on, accept that shonen is total shit of wasteful time and guilty pleasure. Also, it's getting old despite the classic since it's the first work to be done with "throwing laserbeams at each other" tropes. Really? It's a fking waste of time (IDC if im being redundant)... how am I going to describe your taste? Probably....

jabathehut

Resident Troll
More like "epically" waste of time. How do I or we learned from this "cool shit of masterpiece"? Of course, all they have to is punching and throwing laser beams like RAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! KAMEMEMEMEHAAA!!!!!!!!! I'LL DESTROY THIS WORLD LIKE NEVER BEFORE!! BWAHAHAHAH!!

Really?

Come on, accept that shonen is total shit of wasteful time and guilty pleasure. Also, it's getting old despite the classic since it's the first work to be done with "throwing laserbeams at each other" tropes. Really? It's a fking waste of time (IDC if im being redundant)... how am I going to describe your taste? Probably....
Sorry to tell you bro, you are just mad because no other work has lived up to the cinematographic hype of galick gun vs kamehameha, name one fight scene that is more epic and hype.

How about first instance of special beam cannon?

D4isuke

Sorry to tell you bro, you are just mad because no other work has lived up to the cinematographic hype of galick gun vs kamehameha, name one fight scene that is more epic and hype.

Bruh, I tell you what.... Fight scenes for me should be meaningful that I can consider it as it's finest for me such as Wilhelm van Astrea's slaying White Whale in Re Zero for avenging his wife's death is the best fight scene for me. (IDC if im weeb too so just hold on)... I also don't forget Kakashi vs. Obito which is the most meaningful fight scene since it was worthwhile for them to fight hand-on-hand with no laser beam jutsu that their childhood bond went into despair , and also Gon's rage which is worth honorable to me. (even though I still think shonen is shit).

I only love fight scenes that is worth emotional... not for the sake of.... "Oh it's cool... yeahhh"

By the way, this is just a rant, so you can forgive me if you want.

Generik0

Animation In Twinkle Nora Rock Me was better. Just look at the magnificent choreography of this dance scene. It was more magnificent that this was made in PowerPoint.

In terms of fight scenes Chargeman Ken was better. Than the Shonen that is DBZ. DBZ sucks because it isnt made in PowerPoint.

thedude3445

Dragon Ball is a strange, strange case. All shounen anime are bad as a whole since they're just serials for children made to sell merch, but Dragon Ball really has something different to it. The world is a bizarre cartoon, the characters are all idiots, but the stakes keep rising and getting more legitimate as it goes on. In Dragon Ball Z especially, Akira Toriyama created some incredibly interesting set-ups where tension is blisteringly high at all times. The best parts of the show, aside from the comedy-based filler which tends to be great, is all the parts where Goku is out of commission. The weaker characters are forced to maneuver around overpowered villains, or stall for time, or discover dragon balls, and the threat of death is extremely real. It may not be a permanent death, but it's extremely dicey no matter what.

The Namek storyline and then the Android/Cell Saga up until the Cell Games are some damn fine serial storytelling, and I would highly recommend any web serial writer read and study Dragon Ball Z to find just how to keep audiences hooked, even when the story is ridiculous and idiotic. Read, not watch; the anime is WAY too long; even Kai is easily 100 episodes too long, so definitely check out the manga instead.

It's so cheesy and stupid and cartoonish that I can't help but love it. There's been countless imitators in the 30 years since the series first ended, but none can even come close to the feeling this show captures through its odd world and quirky characters and most importantly its constant ramping up of stakes all the way to oblivion.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Sadly, frieza's arc and to a muchlesser extent cell's arc are the only ones with real stakes. Even then, its not like the stakes are actually rising. It goes from one planet's destruction to another. Frieza was only good because you didn't know how goku was going to beat such a powerful opponent.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
You can probably tell that dont particularly like dbz.

thedude3445

Sadly, frieza's arc and to a muchlesser extent cell's arc are the only ones with real stakes. Even then, its not like the stakes are actually rising. It goes from one planet's destruction to another. Frieza was only good because you didn't know how goku was going to beat such a powerful opponent.
I rewatched the series for the first time since childhood last year and I really gotta say the Buu Saga is ass. It's such garbage where there are no stakes whastoever. Which is usually OK in DBZ because at least the silliness can win, but Toriyama committed an even worse sin and sidelined Gohan, the literal protagonist of the entire series, in favor of his dad who sells more merch.

The series is at its best when Goku isn't around at all, and Goku is around way too much once Buu comes around.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I rewatched the series for the first time since childhood last year and I really gotta say the Buu Saga is ass. It's such garbage where there are no stakes whastoever. Which is usually OK in DBZ because at least the silliness can win, but Toriyama committed an even worse sin and sidelined Gohan, the literal protagonist of the entire series, in favor of his dad who sells more merch.

The series is at its best when Goku isn't around at all, and Goku is around way too much once Buu comes around.

Dunno. To me Gohan sucks. No real loss that he became irrelevant to me. Vegeta ftw. I'm more upset Tien and Piccolo were sidelined. Much more interesting than Gohan.