Early Resolutions for 2020 (A troll thread)

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
If you want to be a troll, go ahead. Just thought I'd start early with a New Year's resolution thread. Just a disclaimer, I always fail my resolutions but, who cares? If you want to seriously share your 2020 resolutions, go ahead! If you want to share something vague, have at it! Might as well have fun and give a last push for a silly thread this December.

Now, for my New Year's Resolution, I only have three items...

1. Write
  2. Write!
  3. Write you lazy bum!
Simple and straight to the point.

How about you?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I never made new year's resolutions before, but uhn... If I were to make any...

Get financially stable I guess? I need to do that already... >.>

Moonxious

I want to earn money, but I don't want to work. :blob_melt:

Nah, I want to write too. At least I want to finish 2 books by the end of 2020. (yes 2020, not 2019)

mejojo

I want to go through with my novels until the end. It does not need to be a very spectacular work, it only needs to be finished :blob_evil:

Scribbler

Write something around 200 pages. My most is 95 so far. And my current story will probably, at most, be around 50.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
My new year's resolution for 2020 is to make a legitimate new year's resolution for once.

God-Grid

I want to fix my laziness and start exercising and uhmm... stopping my....umm....mastrub....habit... like seriously!!

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
here’s my list:
  • Pray everyday.
  • Get your license
  • Stop sleeping for 12+ hrs ( I swore one day I slept like for 20hrs)
    • Go out and do stuff that you spent time sleeping
    • Stuff like hanging out with friends, reading books at the library.
      • Pay my library fines.
    • Go find a fucking Job.
  • Write more, stop being lazy!
    • Write something everyday
      • Could be anything it doesn’t fking matter.
    • Create two novel outlines.
      • by March I expect there to be completed novel drafts.
  • Improve my art.
    • Try all kinds of mediums.
    • Have fun with it!

Last edited:

m_augus00

Only one, I am not gonna smoke.
I have a bad habit of smoking while I write. *Sigh*

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I normally have a list of five to ten points but this year, I haven't decided on all of them yet. So far, the ones that I'm sure about are:
  • Write one million words
  • Finish three novels (one volume only each and less than 100k words, preferably)
  • Write six independent short stories
Other than that, I have some earning-based goals fixed but I'm not going to discuss these online 😜

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
  • Less Mastrubating, More Writing
  • Healthier Body (which means I'm gonna hit the gym till March and go back under the hermit shell)
  • Talk to the opposite Gender one time (e.g: five minutes worth of conversation, p.s: the one in the basement doesn't count)
  • At least save up enough for a Switch, then don't buy a Switch
  • Try to make parents proud for once
  • Shave

Arexio

Coffee Addict
I want to fix my laziness and start exercising and uhmm... stopping my....umm....mastrub....habit... like seriously!!
Less Mastrubating, More Writing
I find that going to the gym regularly helps with this a lot - something about getting rid of the excess energy. Oh up until, you get into the heavy weights, then your body's just full of testosterone and needs the release. :blob_whistle_two:

AliceShiki

I find that going to the gym regularly helps with this a lot - something about getting rid of the excess energy. Oh up until, you get into the heavy weights, then your body's just full of testosterone and needs the release. :blob_whistle_two:
:sweat_smile:

It always surprises me when I hear men talk about this kind of thing... I mean, is it really that big of an issue? I just do it when I feel in the mood, which is like... Once a week or something? Sometimes once a month.

I was in the mood more often when I was dating, but then I just waited to do it with my significant other instead of doing it by myself... It just feels so weird that you need to do this kind of thing often enough that it becomes something that needs a solution...

binarysoap

Currently Lurking

It always surprises me when I hear men talk about this kind of thing... I mean, is it really that big of an issue? I just do it when I feel in the mood, which is like... Once a week or something? Sometimes once a month.

I was in the mood more often when I was dating, but then I just waited to do it with my significant other instead of doing it by myself... It just feels so weird that you need to do this kind of thing often enough that it becomes something that needs a solution...
I'm pretty sure a lot of that is exaggeration. I mean all I do is spend an hour or two every day, which isn't that much considering. Of course, when you are trying to write R18 scenes, you have to get in the mood in order to write it, but once you are in the mood, you spend the time seeking release, and once that's over, you realized you barely wrote anything, so you need to get back into the mood, and then....
This is why I can't write R18 to save my life, without spending too much time and energy on it. and don't forget about tissues.

Scribbler

I agree. Just do it whenever you feel like it, as long as it's not getting in the way of anything important, then it's fine. At least that's what I read on reddit.

I don't think masturbating is the reason why they can't write. It's just the reason that they "think" they can't write. And if you convince yourself you can't write, then you can't write.

The actual reason is likely more mental than physical.

AliceShiki

I'm pretty sure a lot of that is exaggeration. I mean all I do is spend an hour or two every day, which isn't that much considering. Of course, when you are trying to write R18 scenes, you have to get in the mood in order to write it, but once you are in the mood, you spend the time seeking release, and once that's over, you realized you barely wrote anything, so you need to get back into the mood, and then....
This is why I can't write R18 to save my life, without spending too much time and energy on it. and don't forget about tissues.
Oh... The amount you spend certainly doesn't feel like "not that much" to me! xD

Well, different people, different needs~