Enhanced Referrer Page

Mihou

Firefly—
Personally, I think the "Web" side of the referrer page is currently a mess with all kinds of views coming from different parts of NU and mostly, they come from simply the tiny pin for SH on the site which is why they are scrambled everywhere.

My suggestion to clean the referrer page a bit is to stack them by hostname, so instead of having a thousand links that are from NU, you can have something like:

Referrer. Views.
novelupdates.com 1000 views
reddit.com. 5 views
google.com. 5 views

Naturally, people will always want to see the full links sometimes (especially in cases like Reddit) which is why you could also place a switch, a dropdown or turn the hostname into an anchor link which will turn everything from that hostname into a full link (basically explode it, you could make it redirect to a page like https://www.scribblehub.com/editseries/299262/?tab=stats&referrer=novelupdates.com which would only contain all the links from that hostname which is novelupdates.com).

Anyhow, hope my suggestion made sense. If there is anything that needs more details then feel free to ask.

Concept Images (All of these are created via Inspect Element):

How it would look before expanding (before pressing the link):
1623133163590.png

After expanding (pressing the link) which is meant for viewing the exact location where they came from:
1623133274332.png

Last edited:

bigbear51

Is this some sort of first world problems I am too unpopular to understand?
There's nothing wrong with asking to see if a certain aspect of a stats page be cleaned up a bit for readability. No need for everyone to keep hearing the same "Muh first world problems" meme as if this site is something that special.

Agentt

Thighs
There's nothing wrong with asking to see if a certain aspect of a stats page be cleaned up a bit for readability. No need for everyone to keep hearing the same "Muh first world problems" meme as if this site is something that special.
No, nothing wrong. It was just a joke about how I have no readers so such things don't matter to me

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Those are no first world problems, those are popular author's problems we mundane hobby writers can't comprehend :blob_pout:

Though getting 10 links of NU with one viewer is indeed a bit cluttered, but hey, it gives the impression that there are actually a lot of readers (when there aren't)!!! :blob_uwu:

Lord_Drakonus

Connoisseur of Degeneracy
Yeah, I totally agree. Every single time I see that page, it's always like looking at an obscure bug.