Food that can kill dogs?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Screenshot_20200504_130639_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200504_130645_com.android.chrome.jpg

I'm actually curious what other things besides onions and Chocolate can kill doggos?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Thanks for sharing this! When it comes to chocolate, theobromine is the toxic compound of concern. Coffee also has theobromine, though less of it than chocolate has. Apparently, caffeine is also converted to theobromine in the human body, but I'm not sure if the same holds true for dogs:

Last edited:

hory-portier

I remember buying a hamburger from McDonald's for the first time during elementary school. I brought it back home and give it to the dog. She ran away after sniffing it and didn't want to come close to the door for a few hours clearly scared that it's still there.
I believe that to this day I've never eaten any burger from fast food restaurant.

Wkppp

The best thing that I can think of is giving your dog a rabies..! Since you the owner or something wants to kill some fluff! Its the best and effective method! It slowly kills it!

BenJepheneT

The best thing that I can think of is giving your dog a rabies..! Since you the owner or something wants to kill some fluff! Its the best and effective method! It slowly kills it!
Nah bro I just wanna know what type of edibles consumable for humans are dangerous to canines. Anyone can die of rabies

Kiradien

I mean, quantity matters too. Too much water will kill a human just as much a dog, both salt and water, milk, onions, garlic... They can consume a certain amount, but these can become pretty dangerous pretty quickly

BenJepheneT

I mean, quantity matters too. Too much water will kill a human just as much a dog, both salt and water, milk, onions, garlic... They can consume a certain amount, but these can become pretty dangerous pretty quickly
Well yeah, that's general knowledge. No matter how immune you are to potassium, consume too much bananas you can technically die of radiation poisoning.

I just wanna know what things, by average consumption, can kill our man's best friends.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I remember buying a hamburger from McDonald's for the first time during elementary school. I brought it back home and give it to the dog. She ran away after sniffing it and didn't want to come close to the door for a few hours clearly scared that it's still there.
I believe that to this day I've never eaten any burger from fast food restaurant.
Oof... That's one scary burger alright! >.<

... Though I still like eating fast food every now and then... >.>

Kiradien

Well yeah, that's general knowledge. No matter how immune you are to potassium, consume too much bananas you can technically die of radiation poisoning.

I just wanna know what things, by average consumption, can kill our man's best friends.
Average daily consumption of Milk can kill a dog, if repeated daily. The effects of Lactose Intolerance that humans get can happen to dogs as well, except they don't know any better and can slowly dehydrate to death from it's related digestive problems.

Average human salt intake, similarly, would kill a dog through dehydration. They can handle a certain amount of salt safely, however, it's much lower than a humans.

Though average amounts of Garlic and Onions would probably damage your dog's circulatory system, it'd probably take a lot more to actually kill it directly. Either way, not recommended to try....

As for average amounts of water, unless your dog is completely dumb and tries to inhale it, that one's at least safe xD
Most of what I said, depending on the definition of average, actually was to some extent dangerous for dogs. It's usually best not to let your dog have any of them, well, except again water. But yeah... Poor puppers, they've got so many weaknesses. I'm sure Google could name waaay more than any of us, though.

DivyaMalhotra

When you own a dog, you have to hear that chocolate is poisonous for your dog. Indeed, if they reach the appropriate amount, they can be deadly. The owner should know how much chocolate the dog will kill for his beloved pet’s wellbeing.
Source: How Much Chocolate Can Kill A Dog