Good and Bad Things about new Webnovel's Readers (My Experience)

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Thin skin and aggregator sites. The possibility of a random reader who isn't into web novels clicking on a random novel from WN at an aggregator site is higher when the said novel has a decent rating(4+). It doesn't matter how much SH authors say that ratings don't matter. Ratings matter the most for an average reader.
I agree. Bad ratings have only encouraged me to better my writing.

SailusGebel

Completely true in my case honestly, but even then, I occasionally check if the story is actually worth the time or not if the Synopsis is even half-decent, which was an arduous task in itself I might say.
I'm not saying anything else doesn't matter. Obviously, you would look at the title, cover, tags, and reviews. I'm just opposing some people here who say that rating doesn't matter at all.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
And sometimes bad ratings aren't even bad. Like, 2.5 or 3 stars out of 5 is actually decent.
Yeah, if it's 2 stars or less then it's bad. Though it is rare that a 2 star or less review actually have a proper criticism.

GhostyZ

Good thing is this website wont be dead anymore lol

immortal_HolyWater

Paul_Tromba said:
Though it is rare that a 2 star or less review actually have a proper criticism.
yes, in many ways, webnovel users, most often do not express criticism, but their toxicity without bothering to explain their opinion about the novel.
Although some people publish normal reviews, there are few of them, as if to say an endangered species. Influenced by the herd and making mistakes like everyone else. Many are too lazy to spend their efforts on reviews

Nerokyj

Yeah, Webnovels reviews are harsh, which I think can be a good thing. As it basically shows if the author's novel is absolutely dog, but it can be really demotivating to even continue. I usually read Webnovel on my phone, so I will probably still be using it, and there are some original stories on Webnovel that I still want to read such as "The Greatest of All Time," since there aren't a lot of sports novel in scribblehub.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
If I should give an example, then this
I always add:
18. You copy pasted someone else's work and are clearly not smart enough to come up with this on you're own.
19. I misspelled 'Your'.
20. Your suck.

Avacus

As stated in the title, I will give you what changed in SH after new readers from Webnovel arrived.

The good thing is, a lot of novels got a new review from the new readers from Webnovel. I saw some novels got a lot of reviews in just 2 days.

The bad thing is, the review often... harsh? toxic? not all, but some didn't even make senses. Be prepared for that.
Reason you get so many reviews on webnovel is because there daily quest system and people want that exp.

FernGilly

I'm pretty sure if there are troll/toxic reviews you can report them for spam on ScribbleHub. That's something a little different from a website like Webnovel. However, I've reported forum users for dropping the N-word in this forum, and nothing was done about them, so... it's not a 100% chance, and you might have to appeal.

RebelLion

I'm pretty sure if there are troll/toxic reviews you can report them for spam on ScribbleHub. That's something a little different from a website like Webnovel. However, I've reported forum users for dropping the N-word in this forum, and nothing was done about them, so... it's not a 100% chance, and you might have to appeal.
SH's mods are always overworked. You can count them with one hand.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
But... it hasn't been dead. There has been a lot of activity. Though, it's just enough activity to make it comfortable.
man, this is one of SHF's PEAK if I'm being honest.

throwaway threads, an average of 15+ status posts a day, and many of the shittiest memes constructed against mankind's hubris spammed up the wahzoo; we've never done better since the 2020 days. any more and it'll be an overcrowded mess of niche social circles so dank it'll deter any newcomers who don't have an RS feed hooked from their frontal lobe to their nutsack updating them on every new thread being made.

if SHF's current status is dead, i'd rather it stay dead. I've seen what being "alive" entails. i wouldn't hesitate to put it down if it ever reaches that state.

quiler

I cancelled my subscription on webnovel. It was good because it was user friendly and easy to find new series. Who wants to use the app even at home? I started on scribblehub and went to webnovel. Now back to scribblehub....But yes people on webnovel are so much more toxic then scribblehub. Hope the authors here won't get discouraged. Waiting to see if webnovel changes their mind after they lose their a$$ on cancelled memberships.