Harmless/Beneficial Curses

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I need harmless/beneficial curses. Imagine you had the ability to make cursed rings. When you put on the ring, the curse takes effect, but the "curse" doesn't do... much.

Examples:
  • Can't take it off (Since it is beneficial, not being able to take it off isn't exactly a curse.)
  • Causes a 1 minute migraine when you put it on (if you can't take it off, hardly a curse.)
  • It causes a complete disinterest in sex (In a world with mind-controlling succubus, this would hardly be a curse)
  • Causes your appearance to change (If you are trying to disguise yourself, hardly a curse)
  • The ring lies and resists detection and if you use magic, it lies and appears non-cursed and something it isn't (Others can't tell what it does.)
  • Causes extreme hatred in a specific type of creature (perfect for a tank who specializes in drawing aggro)
Go hog wild. No idea is too strange, because I can just ignore what isn't useful.

Thanks in advance,
- TEG

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
curse that gives you cat ears and makes you end each sentence you say with "Nya!"
curse that gives you bunny ears and makes you end each sentence with "Pon!"
curse that turns any outfit you wear into a clown outfit.
Hrrmmm... Merely embarrassing instead of fatal. I like it.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
The dark fantasy isekai comedy I was writing upon request has a character that hit a wall in terms of power progression so equips every cursed item they come across, and all the curses have really niche dumb effects like not being able eat meat on the weekend, or becoming allergic to cats.

this character

Jerynboe

Insomnia (if you can take it off, if you can’t take it off that becomes problematic)
Inability to feel pain (my dad actually has this and he has to be very careful, but anesthesia is great)
Any food or drink you consume vanishes before it reaches your stomach (niche, but it means you can eat poison)
Gives you intense thalassophobia (unless you have to go out to sea it’s not that big a deal)
Gives you an unreasonably large and uncomfortable dick or giant gag boobs. Or both. (MALE OR FEMALE, NO EXCEPTIONS)
Utterly suppresses your sense of smell, hearing, taste, etc (tons of people live with these conditions every day)

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
The Curse of Slightly Enlarged Nose. Your nose will become just slightly larger than your eyes can no longer ignore.
The Curse of Impotent. You will become impotent and infertile. (Terrible for an heirless king, perfect for the brothel)
The Curse of Bitter Anger. You can only feel one emotion: Bitter Anger, the kind of anger that you feel when you see your toxic and douchebag ex again.
The Curse of Dyslexia. You have gained the debuff [Dyslexia]!

Peter3135566

Curse of the paintiance... no matter what happends or how boring something is, you can easly hold on and finish the thing properly... dosent affect how much you might dislike hearing a 3 hour explanation on the diffrance betwheen gale-hawks and wind-falcons, if you dont have enything you truly need to do at that time your gonna be hearing it all, so not nice in meny ways with annoying ppl around even worse, but i bet can be usefull if used right.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I need harmless/beneficial curses. Imagine you had the ability to make cursed rings. When you put on the ring, the curse takes effect, but the "curse" doesn't do... much.

Examples:
  • Can't take it off (Since it is beneficial, not being able to take it off isn't exactly a curse.)
  • Causes a 1 minute migraine when you put it on (if you can't take it off, hardly a curse.)
  • It causes a complete disinterest in sex (In a world with mind-controlling succubus, this would hardly be a curse)
  • Causes your appearance to change (If you are trying to disguise yourself, hardly a curse)
  • The ring lies and resists detection and if you use magic, it lies and appears non-cursed and something it isn't (Others can't tell what it does.)
  • Causes extreme hatred in a specific type of creature (perfect for a tank who specializes in drawing aggro)
Go hog wild. No idea is too strange, because I can just ignore what isn't useful.

Thanks in advance,
- TEG
A ring that curses you to be unable to sleep, causing the bags under your eyes to get deeper and deeper to the point of impossibility (it should kill you, but it doesnt affect you at all). The bags under your eyes can get so deep that they start poking out of your head and making it so your eyes are floating in fleshless sockets. But you are perfectly energetic and well-rested always anyway, not needing the sleep anymore.

Simple_Russian_Boi

Maybe an alcoholic | Occasionally a cat
The curse of intermittent tickling on the left heel.
The rapid growth of the nail on the finger on which the ring is worn.
A curse that makes the ring bearer constantly talk about how beautiful their ring is.
A curse that adds a sixth finger to the back of the hand (remove and put on the ring again, another finger will grow).

The curse of paranoia is perfect in a world where everything around you is trying to kill you.
The curse of perfect memory - I think it's not worth explaining how it can be convenient and terrible at the same time.
The curse of understanding plant language - is only useful for communicating with dryads.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
The curse of intermittent tickling on the left heel.
The rapid growth of the nail on the finger on which the ring is worn.
A curse that makes the ring bearer constantly talk about how beautiful their ring is.
A curse that adds a sixth finger to the back of the hand (remove and put on the ring again, another finger will grow).

The curse of paranoia is perfect in a world where everything around you is trying to kill you.
The curse of perfect memory - I think it's not worth explaining how it can be convenient and terrible at the same time.
The curse of understanding plant language - is only useful for communicating with dryads.
Not the tickles! Nooooo!
Curse that forces you to wash dishes after you cook and eat your food, doesn't matter how much you don't want to do it at that moment.
I need this…

TransCatGirl

add in curse of not believing your cursed. On it's own its fine but put it with another
An item that lowers the strength of other enchanted items. Not so bad if you're only wearing cursed items but if it's useful or hinders other magic (non-item) that's helpful...

Last edited:
I second the curse that makes you believe the item is not cursed, but let's pair it up with a curse that makes everyone else believe the item is horribly cursed to hell and back.

- "I don't get what you don't like about it, that is clearly a regular ring"
-"Dude, put that wretched thing away, or it'll be wearing you!"

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
Have the ability to stop time for five minutes.

But also stop time for you too.

Premier

You can’t say any word with the letter Z in it.