Help me!!!

Angeline2403

I am an extreme introvert who is about to attend a social event where relatives who I haven't even seen for so many years are attending, heck I don't even remember their names.
Please help me, how do I survive this crisis.
And I have been living in my house due to lockdown for 2 years, so I even literally forgot how to introduce myself to others 😭😭😭

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Just smile, say hi and don't shit yourself.

If you sweat often, remember to have napkins and perfume with you.

Just apologise if you can't remember their names. Or if you are hardworking, go facebook now.

Agentt

Thighs
Our certified Touching Grass expert @Agentt will be with you shortly. Please stand by.
;-;

Just stand in a corner, eat a lot. Survive on ice cream, and smile and wave at anyone who passes by. End conversations quickly by not talking about any interesting topics, just talk about weather, and ask, "how are you?" Two or three times until they start replying, "just fine, how are you?" To which you will answer, "i am also fine." And then you both awkwardly stand together till they say bye

MisterSyafiq

Just come and sit beside your parents and let your instinc take over your body

Jemini

I am an extreme introvert who is about to attend a social event where relatives who I haven't even seen for so many years are attending, heck I don't even remember their names.
Please help me, how do I survive this crisis.
And I have been living in my house due to lockdown for 2 years, so I even literally forgot how to introduce myself to others 😭😭😭

Just say, "hey, haven't seen you in a while. I've been locked up so long I actually forgot how to interact with people." They will most likely think it's a joke, laugh a bit, make some comment. After this, you follow up with "seriously though, I actually am feeling a little overwhelmed with this many people. I think I'm going to go find a place to sit down."

The first line establishes good positive family relations. The second one makes sure your personal needs are looked after. After doing those 2 things, you go do what you need to do.

EDIT: You can also skip the 1st line if you really are not feeling up to it. It would be viewed as a little rude, but they're your family. I'm sure they'd understand and looking out for your own needs really is key in this kind of situation.

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That's going to be tough. I recommend watching some Youtube videos on how to behave at family reunions.

Renaxan

Enthusiastic about a lot of things.
Just greet them and follow the flow. If no one talk to you, hide yourself. If someone talk to you, answer it honestly... even if you are forget about their names.

Angeline2403

Just greet them normally and proceed with your day.

I'm curious though, what's the event about?
Welp, there is this tradition in India where after someone dies you serve people food so that the dead spirit can pass away peacefully. But the thing is, it is in a way kind of like a meet-up or get together.
These nosy relatives who try to check other's lives and I think they will most likely ask about my marriage, like when are you gonna marry 🙄🙄
Just greet them and follow the flow. If no one talk to you, hide yourself. If someone talk to you, answer it honestly... even if you are forget about their names.
I wish I could just merge with walls or become invisible 😥😢😢😟

MyukiMruieast

Departure of Motivation led me to want water
It just happens that I met my grandfather's side of relatives earlier, and I could not remember any of their names much less who they were. All I could advice is to try and decrease your presence as possible and don't attract any attention— if they do then it's game over. Then, try and excuse yourself to move to a much quieter and less crowded place, preferably that you choose something not too lonely or they'll notice you.

When you greet them, minimize the use of your words. If you see your aunt and uncles just call them aunt and uncle, don't think there's a need to say out aloud their names. If you see your cousins and don't know their names, just call them ‘hey’ or just don't specifically call out to them and use vague words like ‘hello’ ‘okay’ ‘oh’ ‘You’ ‘him’ ‘her’ ‘them’ ‘they’

That's all.

iamchangingthissoon

custom title! yay
simply blend into the background, and give short replies like "ok" "good" and so on

also just don't mention names while speaking at all

works for me, but idk
(or hide in the toilet)

(edit): on second thought, there is nothing to be worried about. They don't seem o impact your life much so there is nothing to worry about

TremendousHuman

Deleteriously devilish, deliciously dumbfounding
Snarl and roar at anybody who comes up to you. If all else fails, you can always froth at the mouth and faint

Arkus86

Greet them casually and briefly. No introductions needed, act as if you know each other. Avoid using names, at all costs. Occupy a strategic corner with plentiful food or drinks within reach as soon as possible, and hold it with your life. Do not let yourself be pushed out. Throw bones or other trash at those who try. Growl at them, if you need to. Always have your mouth conveniently stuffed when someone tries to talk to you.

That should be about it to get through the event mostly safely.