Hi Rise Invasion

JayDirex

Just saw the trailer for High-Rise Invasion. Let's see how long it takes before SH authors start writing their own version of this. Peons of originality that they are 😏 (trailer is crazy)

ForestDweller

Oh, I finished the manga a while back. Ends awkwardly. I'm not satisfied.

It's a pretty fun read though. It's thriller that turns into shonen halfway through.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Oh I read quite a bit of that a while ago, didn't expect to see it here.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I noticed it first back when it only had like ...20-something chapters out. I read like the first 4-5 and didn't get hooked on it. I intended to return to it but just never did.

I never read Soul Eater though so I have no reference for how had the ending is supposed to be. What was wrong with High Rise's ending?

Was it open-ended? I goddamn hate open-ended endings. What was bad about it?

bigbear51

Considering the original manga ended a couple years ago, never would've expected an adaptation. Cool to hear about it though since binged the entire thing in one day about a year ago.

Judging from the trailer, it's doesn't seem to offer anything new compared to the manga. Adding on that I'm not much of an anime watcher, I don't know if I'll check this out.

bigbear51

I noticed it first back when it only had like ...20-something chapters out. I read like the first 4-5 and didn't get hooked on it. I intended to return to it but just never did.

I never read Soul Eater though so I have no reference for how had the ending is supposed to be. What was wrong with High Rise's ending?

The ending was absurdly rushed, which would make people think it got axed. But it has a sequel that's currently running where I'm about 20 chapters in.

Personally, I got enough closure from the original despite how rushed it was. Except that since a sequel exists, the ending now has a lot of questions to it. This is all made worse from the extra epilogue chapter that I assume is supposed to tie the two series together with foreshadowing.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Ah, the urban jungle. Here, we see the waifu in its natural habitat and . . . oh my!

OneRanter

Southern Unorthodox MaskMaker

Something like an isekaided girl, looking for her missing brother in a battle royale with random evil killers wandering around the roofs of buildings throughout hanging bridges.
The end of soul eater's anime came before the manga finished. So it is something like Game of Thrones end. Random, rushed, and without any resemblance to the previous quality of the story.

But the art... Oh that art :,)

Last edited:

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Something like an isekaided girl, looking for her missing brother in a battle royale with random evil killers wandering around the roofs of buildings throughout hanging bridges.

The end of soul eater's anime came before the manga finished. So it is something like Game of Thrones end. Random, rushed, and without any resemblance to the previous quality of the story.

Wow I didn't know it was the same guy who does Ajin. I haven't read that either but I saw the first 4 episodes of the anime and was kinda intrigued. I'm going to have to read both of those manga now. I like his dark-ish storytelling style.

EternalSunset0

Saw this, and I am so excited for it.

I loved the manga, but I agree with the consensus that it ends awkwardly. It was good until around the midway point when shounenitis kicks in and the powerlevels just go out of control while they throw legions of "stronger" characters one after another followed by disappointing battles.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

It draws a conclusion to the characters' arcs but leaves the plot of the high rise itself intact, which ruins the ending for most people since they're in it for the setting of a hi rise where everyone kills everyone.

In short, if you're looking for a story where they beat the high rise mystery, you're shit out of luck. The heroines basically conditioned themselves to accept this as their reality and instead of "beating the high rise" they just conclude each other's arc and go about with their merry lives.

Imagine The Promised Neverland but they never leave the orphanage and instead of escaping they just reclaim that place and never leave.

Depending on the type of story and scale you're looking for, you're more likely to be disappointed by the plot, as it keeps introducing new characters and the mystery just keeps piling up with very little reveals for the setting itself.

If there's anything good to the story, it's the character designs. Sniper fedora man invokes my inner homo god I wanna suck on his barrel.

BenJepheneT

Fun Fact: the guy who authored the story (Tsuina Miura) ALSO wrote Ajin: Demi Human, whom he dropped early on and left it to the artist (Gamon Sakurai) to finish. Lemme just say if you're a big fan of tactical aesthetics, large scale government cover ups elaborate indoor CQC with firearms, immortal humans, hot-topic JoJo stands and fucking shotgun SPEEDLOADERS, I'll encourage you to pick up Ajin: Demi Human. None of this is credited to Tsuina, of course. Gamon, who singlehandedly continued the series, is one hell of an artist/author with a massive success of a serialised debut.

1f192d217b11cdb7c29f5c691a50535a.jpg

49c52022ca42669b788c9f243d0146f2.jpg

Basically, what I want to say it that Tsuina is great with engaging, interesting, creative and original concepts but has no idea how to execute them. On paper, they're great, but once you get used to it there really isn't anything beyond the surface level "cool" factor. It is only when its held up by people who know where else to take that concept (pic related) AND great art (ALSO pic related/High Rise Invasion) when the good is elevated to the potentials it set itself up to reach.

OneRanter

Basically, what I want to say it that Tsuina is great with engaging, interesting, creative and original concepts but has no idea how to execute them. On paper, they're great, but once you get used to it there really isn't anything beyond the surface level "cool" factor. It is only when its held up by people who know where else to take that concept (pic related) AND great art (ALSO pic related/High Rise Invasion) when the good is elevated to the potentials it set itself up to reach.
Yeah :c it was exactly like that. Cool characters and cool art with growingly boring plot because things only scaled up meaninglessly.

BenJepheneT

Yeah :c it was exactly like that. Cool characters and cool art with growingly boring plot because things only scaled up meaninglessly.
I'm actually amazed how fast it got boring. When the second heroine showed up after the show down with sniper dude it felt like 50 chapters had gone by when it's really only 20.

OneRanter

I'm actually amazed how fast it got boring. When the second heroine showed up after the show down with sniper dude it felt like 50 chapters had gone by when it's really only 20.
The worst part, is that even with such a big downfall, I kept reading just because the drawings were sooooooooooooo damm gooooooood. I have no expectations for the secuel, but I will still read it just to look at the drawings once more. Can't help but wonder how another story would be with them, some novels even.
I mean... Just look at that!

(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )
*Inner Chuuni Itensifies*​

EternalSunset0

The worst part, is that even with such a big downfall, I kept reading just because the drawings were sooooooooooooo damm gooooooood. I have no expectations for the secuel, but I will still read it just to look at the drawings once more. Can't help but wonder how another story would be with them, some novels even.
I mean... Just look at that!

(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )(º ﹃ º )
*Inner Chuuni Itensifies*​
Dealer Mask is my favorite. I'm glad to say that the art is still in tip-top shape in the sequel. It feels a bit less engaging though. I did think the first series is really good until they beat the first major boss (
The guy who can control 20 or so masks
) then things just scaled out of control soon after.