Writing HOW DO YOU PEOPLE WRITE YOUR STORY?

RenEnju

Well, ye. Like how do you guys write your story is there a specific guideline for it? If so, please give me some tips REEEE

EternalSunset0

That's too vague. I think a more specific question is better if you want more concise answers.

To answer it in a general way, though, I imagine the scenes and how the characters move/talk then translate those into words.

Mr.Grey-Cat

Well, I don't know what you want us to answer, but I will try.

so how to write? in my case, I imagine what I want to happen, then I imagine where are the characters in the middle of all of that, how I want the characters to interact, and also imagine the end result I want.

Then with everything now vaguely outlined in my mind, I get back to the starting point, and slowly start advancing from there. what just happened, what just appeared, what was just said. slowly while also trying to stick with my gut feeling, and explain everything in a sensible manner, with no rushing, or skipping.

of course, that's just me, and my opinion. so I don't even know if I actually do that right, or if I do it at all, nor do I know if it's the right thing to do. so don't take it too seriously.

RenEnju

That's too vague. I think a more specific question is better if you want more concise answers.

To answer it in a general way, though, I imagine the scenes and how the characters move/talk then translate those into words.
oh, well Its about how to engage your readers

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
Me? Very simple... :blob_sir:

I don't want to die without leaving a legacy, at least people will remember my works even if I'm gone. Cringe, right?

Edit: I know, I'm stupid. I read it as "why do you people write your story".

Anyways, here's a cookie :blob_cookie:

Western42

....I may be Insane....
I just think of the plot I want for the story and, when I'm either working on it or thinking more on the plot before I even started working on the story, I add more things.

It's the same as what I did in Magical Girls Might Be Psychopaths. The original plot followed Jill but, after just thinking about it, I decided to add other magical girls into the story. Just think of it as you go along but also make sure it all fits in.

RenEnju

oh damn, so just go with the flow? hmm I thought there's some guide etc for it or whatnot

Renaxan

Enthusiastic about a lot of things.
I am writing by imagine the stuff inside my head, making outline of the plot, then filled the outline to complete the chapter. Thats it. Though I think it is important to at least think how to end your story, or at least arc in your story.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
so here's how i write my story:

1. You definitely have a premise in mind. First thing you wanna do is come up with a theme. What's the theme of your story? Is it about loss? Grievence? Lust? Plain smut? Adventerous? You can also go in a bit more specific. It's about unrequited Yuri love. It's about finding solace in a keepsafe left by your dead loved one. It's about fucking dragons in the asshole with your massive jackhammer cock. The theme is supposed to be the pivot in which you write your story around. It's the one point that binds all of your story together.

2. Once you have a theme, start thinking of everything else. What's the world? Who're the characters? What are their motivations and flaws and strengths and weaknesses? What's the plot about? If you don't know how or what to make of the world/characters/plot, consult your theme, and make something out of it. The theme is now the pillar that you can build your story from. It's like a leash that keeps you from straying away from your initial concept.

3. Once you've got everything figured out, start writing. You may want to plan the whole thing down to the ending, or start with what you have now. It doesn't matter. Write.

4. What are you waiting for? Why are you still here?

5. Most people don't make it this far: start fucking writing.

6. Get writing.

7. NOW

Simo

A lazy sloth
oh damn, so just go with the flow? hmm I thought there's some guide etc for it or whatnot
It’s different for each writer, I know some that just wing it and end up with amazing stories, while others have to carefully plan the whole way. I don’t think there is a right way, or a guide that will apply for everyone, I think you just have to find the way you are most comfortable with.
And good luck!

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
Well, ye. Like how do you guys write your story is there a specific guideline for it? If so, please give me some tips REEEE
Just write something, but don't be like me. Read it after you write it. If you don't have a plan then write ahead so you can fix things up from previous chapters before they are released.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I come up with the plot for the chapter, I write it, I do a little editing, I send it to my editors/beta readers, then do the final edit and its done.

killwrites

Need motivation
Writing gives you the most freedom out of all the arts imo, so you can experiment here and there to find what you're comfortable with which may work better than following what others are doing~

And if you're afraid of the reception to your story, I literally posted a story on impulse without even having a single chapter ready yet and I already have ~30 readers. There'll always be someone willing to read what you have to share no matter how far-fetched it may be :blob_cookie:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
There is no basic outline that everyone follows. Everyone has their own style which fits them. For myself, I come up with the world, rules for said world, and the characters. Then I set up the plot and go for it. I never really set up specifics for chapters because I don't want to draw it out too much and I also don't want it to seem rushed. I hope that helps.

READER_

It differs from person to person. Some like to sit quietly and then think about how to process each scene and hook and nook. Some go with the flow, pantser writers of course... Some are like me, who think of half of the story, keep updating it, and then write with the flow. It's almost the same as pantser but I don't go with the flow for org novels, only for ff, For my org work, I always keep my basics of the novel firm so I can build the novel well.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Spend more time in the toilet. The fragrance of shit helps open your creative mind. As for engaging readers, write as if you are the character. That is not to say that you should self-insert into the character, just that you should put yourself in that character's shoes.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I basically just imagine a senario of this or that when I thought in my mind. Its not to hard for me to think about it since the more you lack of something, the easier it is to imagine something you desperately want.

Creativity just blooms out of nowhere for me but writing one takes time and critical thinking when constructing a sentence to fit in a story.

Some are imaginative(bro gave me one idea of a story which was good but he isn't great at writing stuff while my other bro is the opposite). You can basically make a story from anywhere you want but to make a good story, you need to balance out the creativity and knowledge in literature into one.