How o you get on the Trending Page

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
I guess your writing needs to be trendy enough.

Still didn't find the right people to bribe otherwise

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
Just use the search function in the upper right.
For a serious answer, Trending seems to be based on the amount of traffic you have on a given day being unusually high compared to your average traffic. A sudden boost in public interest means you might end up on Trending. (Following your link, I find that you posted three chapters at once after a long hiatus. That should be sufficient to reach Trending... But there may be other, unknown factors.)
Aside from that, nobody knows except the moderators.

Erivva

Just use the search function in the upper right.
For a serious answer, Trending seems to be based on the amount of traffic you have on a given day being unusually high compared to your average traffic. A sudden boost in public interest means you might end up on Trending. (Following your link, I find that you posted three chapters at once after a long hiatus. That should be sufficient to reach Trending... But there may be other, unknown factors.)
Aside from that, nobody knows except the moderators.

Thank you so much for the help.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
You need to have a consistent release schedule, a loyal reader group that favorites chapters often, and have above-average writing skills.

Or you can go the populist route put anime tits (or a hot dude if it is BL) on the cover and write smut, lots and lots of mind-numbing smut.

Last edited:

Dajoe1234

You need to have a consistent release schedule, a loyal reader group that favorites chapters often, and have above-average writing skills.

Or you can go the populist route put anime tits (or a hot dude if it is BL) on the cover and write smut, lots and lots of mind-numbing smut.

Put out Isekai and Smut for bonus views.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You need to give both of my stories a one-star rating 😇

Simo

A lazy sloth
For some time now, I've been wondering about the requirements to get on the trending page.
Is there like a word count, and view count, or reader count?

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/313219/the-rising-of-a-diamond/
Well, If I was to speak out of experience, I believe what most ppl commented is right. I have been rather lucky to hop on trending a few times, I think I am on it as we speak, and I think the most important thing that helped is a constant updating schedule along with favorites. So my advice would be to find yourself a schedule you are comfortable with and stick with it, the rest will come by itself. Good luck! And happy writing!

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Where is @CupcakeNinja Screaming "fuck off!"?

Also, any plans to make a permanent threads for those eternally asked questions?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
For some time now, I've been wondering about the requirements to get on the trending page.
Is there like a word count, and view count, or reader count?

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/313219/the-rising-of-a-diamond/
Oi fook off ya wee li'l cunt. Search the motherfookin forums 'fore ye come 'round 'here whinin' "oh nuuu, what is da REQUIREMENTS fer that there trendin'?"

Me boot gon be what's trendin' in that butt of yers, you maggots keep this up.

Where is @CupcakeNinja Screaming "fuck off!"?

Also, any plans to make a permanent threads for those eternally asked questions?
Ask and ye shall receive, dontcha know

Last edited:

DivineEternal1

Am I the only one that doesn't like their stories to go trending? I've found that most readers that want to read my story will find it on their own, but as soon as it gets into trending it's more open to the average reader that will look at it despite it not necessarily having tags for things they would normally read. This leads to your story's rating taking a hit. This happened to me on Royal Road and I got hit with a bunch of 0.5 ratings because some people thought my score was too high. I know I'm probably being too sensitive, but I'm already pretty pessimistic about my writing and having a bunch of people tank your score doesn't help that at all.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
Am I the only one that doesn't like their stories to go trending? I've found that most readers that want to read my story will find it on their own, but as soon as it gets into trending it's more open to the average reader that will look at it despite it not necessarily having tags for things they would normally read. This leads to your story's rating taking a hit. This happened to me on Royal Road and I got hit with a bunch of 0.5 ratings because some people thought my score was too high. I know I'm probably being too sensitive, but I'm already pretty pessimistic about my writing and having a bunch of people tank your score doesn't help that at all.
Hmm. Should be fine. SH is not RR. The people here tend to be way more forgiving. You do have a point, though. Not all attention is good.

It's unfortunate, then... That you've made the ultimate mistake. The easiest way to get onto Trending is to say you don't want to be on Trending, or that you hate it and think it's a waste of time to want it. So... GL GL, hope you get lots of positive reinforcement to make up for the bad mojo that's headed your way.

DivineEternal1

Hmm. Should be fine. SH is not RR. The people here tend to be way more forgiving. You do have a point, though. Not all attention is good.

It's unfortunate, then... That you've made the ultimate mistake. The easiest way to get onto Trending is to say you don't want to be on Trending, or that you hate it and think it's a waste of time to want it. So... GL GL, hope you get lots of positive reinforcement to make up for the bad mojo that's headed your way.
Just checked trending and I'm still not on trending so... ha! I've made my story pretty "trending" proof by not having a cover, poor characters, little to no backstory or worldbuilding, mediocre writing, etc... etc...