How popular was your work when you first published it?

Sylver

I'm 55 chapters in and I don't even have half that many!
Yea, but you have more favorites and readers:/ I've got views but like, not as much people seem interested. Idk, just progress is super slow for my liking and now I'm worried that I took too long now that my content is turning more serious for the character development

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
I don't know why either, but both here and on RR, I've gotten a lot of readers/followers and relatively few views compared with most other comparably 'sized' stories. I suppose my story is very much a love-it-or-hate-it sort of work?

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Certainly not popular. I'm aware that my story is in a very niche category.

Sylver

I don't know why either, but both here and on RR, I've gotten a lot of readers/followers and relatively few views compared with most other comparably 'sized' stories. I suppose my story is very much a love-it-or-hate-it sort of work?
I mean I was approached by someone from webnovel who was interested in my work so I was very hopeful that this meant my writing had to be decent at least. And smut is a popular tag or so I've heard from the Forums here.

At this point I'm not as confident about sharing my story on those other sites. I left the last site I was on because I was writing this story for 4-5 years, and then other stories took a similar concept and blew up in popularity while my stuff barely drawed interest. I was hoping that moving to a different site and rewriting my story would help me rebuild that audience. Now, I'm questioning if my content is just average at best

Could I ask for some advice on how you managed that achievement? I'm 50 chapters in and reaching 27k views total:(
Popular tags and people just like it I guess? 27k views is still very good ans from what I understand I am performing unexpectedly well. My goal was 10 readers in a week and 50 by a month so, idk I'm writing cause I like the story and its fin to write it. Numbers ruin my brain and if I set targets based on them I'd stop writing due to anxiety.

I dont reqlly have any tips other than try to grab people early - I think my initial chapter was very fresh and funny for people on the isekai genre and many decided to stick just from that, cause the hook to an established idea was original and creative and then I just ran with it from that point and interact a lot in comments.
I mean I was approached by someone from webnovel who was interested in my work so I was very hopeful that this meant my writing had to be decent at least. And smut is a popular tag or so I've heard from the Forums here.

At this point I'm not as confident about sharing my story on those other sites. I left the last site I was on because I was writing this story for 4-5 years, and then other stories took a similar concept and blew up in popularity while my stuff barely drawed interest. I was hoping that moving to a different site and rewriting my story would help me rebuild that audience. Now, I'm questioning if my content is just average at best
27k views is better than average. There's stories in here that have been ongoing for months or years with less than 1k and 0 readers. Just keep pushing and improving and write for the joy of writing. Measuring art quality by views or commercial success creates brainrot

Shulox

In other site I reached 15k views in my two novels before three months into the competition. Maybe not much but in a small site, I could not appreciate it more

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Around 1,000, but it's a smut story and I released the first 5 chapters back to back. I'd be surprised if I had less than 300.