How to become a highly popular author

Drytron

This here? This is how you become a highly popular author. It's literally written in the site description.

Forget about writing what you want and just write what the audience want until you have enough followers. Your first work is going to suck. But everybody gotta start somewhere. Don't compare yourself to other, it's retarded. People are just built different. Git gud.

Oreo

...I don't like how this is actually a valid suggestion.

Though I would use better words.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
How is it that I write historical fiction with zero of those tags and I found myself enjoying this community/site more than any other?

Lysander_Works

Use the summoning spell that generates millions of dollars... Oh wait, this is reality.

Uhm... I guess get lucky.

People with bad luck:
meme.jpg

PancakesWitch

Use the summoning spell that generates millions of dollars... Oh wait, this is reality.

Uhm... I guess get lucky.

People with bad luck:
View attachment 25743
luck is a big part of success, i would say 50%, but the other 50% is just effort and investigating things, researching and so on. if you are unlucky, you will never get as popular as massively popular authors no matter how perfect your story could be, its all about the right time and the right place, as the market becomes more saturated it also becomes harder to find succeess without trillions of ads. but at the very least if the other 50% is effort and research, you can still make some bank

Leti

Or you can just become famous somewhere else and bring your followers and readers here as you migrate. More organic traffics to the site is always welcomed.

@PancakesWitch thank you for your contribution.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Like me:

You don't.

Sylver

I'm still waiting on my success :blob_joy:

... it'll happen.

... someday

...hopefully

...soon

...wait you're still reading?

...I'm not that desperate

...good day sir :blob_sir:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Wait, so I don't need to ritualistically sew a voodoo doll of the top authors and then consume their talent via black magic, so only my works get trending? Damn, you should have said so from the beginning!

Premier

This here? This is how you become a highly popular author. It's literally written in the site description.

Forget about writing what you want and just write what the audience want until you have enough followers. Your first work is going to suck. But everybody gotta start somewhere. Don't compare yourself to other, it's retarded. People are just built different. Git gud.
Hell yeah that’s my fic. I am the highly successful author.

Jokes on you though I am absolutely writing what I want.

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
1. Always strive to improve your writing skills.
2. Never give up.
3. When burnt out, take your time to recover.
4. Pray to Tony that you gain a lot of traction.

Nyctoria

Did you know 90% of gamblers authors quit just before they hit it big?