How to cheat yourself into trending - Part DCLXVI

Razzle-Dazzle

Jesus!

I know we been thru this at least six hundred and sixty-five times already. But enough is enough!

It has been twenty years! And so far I have looked the other way. But now I just gotta say it now!

I won't say which novel did it, but it happened.

People have been posting novels with "words" and "sentences"!!! Now the trending is just filled with people that have written something!

ITS an ABOMINATION! A TRAVESTY! Just people use "words" they can get into trending. that is so wrong, what about people that don’t write!

When will people like me that have not written anything get in to trending!?!?!

I must have posted 500 chapters of “nothing” yesterday. And even now I am churning out pages after pages of “nothing”!

Where is the recognition? When will non-authors like me get some acknowledgement? When will people like me that write “nothing” get on trending train, and rake all that dosh in the Patreon game? I have spend years releasing advance chapters of “nothing”?

It is obvious discrimination against non-writers!

Seeing the trending makes me sick!. 9 out of the Top 9 Trending (Frontpage) all have words in it! They have a story and a plot! Top 10 most popular fictions have it. Even 10 out of the Top 10 fictions with the most readers use sentences and letters of the English alphabet!

Is this a scribble hub we wanted to create? A place with written stories!?!? A place where people scribble! Is that what we are creating here?

It shouldn’t be call scribble hub it should be called… Er..wait...
W-write- er…Scri-
Em..

A-anyway!
Yeah, this “Scribble” hub! Should be more inclusive with a trending list that includes people like me!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29316

The 'Trending' list is just a list for 1* bombers to target.

While it is nice to be included there, in the end, it's better to just remain on the sidelines and have a slow, steady growth for your work.

Leti

As a reader, I agreed with OP's statement on the matter. Scribble Hub is turning into a place that heavily favour authors over readers. As of the 5th January of 2077, they haven't invented features to reward readers for commenting or reading a story. There is no such things as top reviewers. Or top commentors. Discouraging us readers from taking an active part in the website. What is an author without a reader?

Fromage

Peerless member
As a reader, I agreed with OP's statement on the matter. Scribble Hub is turning into a place that heavily favour authors over readers. As of the 5th January of 2077, they haven't invented features to reward readers for commenting or reading a story. There is no such things as top reviewers. Or top commentors. Discouraging us readers from taking an active part in the website. What is an author without a reader?
Please don't tell me your serious vio we don't need a revolution here

D

Deleted member 29316

But what if you're not growing? :unsure:
It means your audience isn't fit for your story.

It's like when you publish in Wattpad, when your intended audience are working age males. If that's the case, consider changing places to publish...

Or it simply might be just not your time yet. There are times when your story is being panned for now, but then grows in appreciation in due time.

The key is, don't give up. You yourself know the potential of your work, that's why you wrote it.

Sinpathy

I feel like someone in this thread didn't get the memo.

(Edit: He removed it, I cringed from secondhand embarrassment. He probably is too.)

Last edited:

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Acutally just release chapters saying. New chapters soon or memes. This will put your series in new releases and if it's good it will go in trending. Then delete those chapters

Only works if your story is good and has been in a lull . Like it's good just not updated.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
In 2077, they voted my website the worst site to write on the internet.

Main issues?

Sky high rate of trolling. And more people living below the trending tab than anywhere else.

Can't deny it - it's all true...
but everyone still wants to write here.

The site's always got a promise for authors. Might be a lie, might be just another contract from WebNovel...

but it's all there...

Just around the New Releases corner...
and it keeps authors going.

It's a site of smuts.
And I'm a huge pervert.

Ruriha

Well-known Procrastinator
Boy, why do I see a general trend for threads in the future...

Razzle-Dazzle

A-Are we in the same year? Did you travel back through time?.... A regressor perhaps?
OMG, What year is this?!?

I-is this the past?!?

Please! I bring an important message from the future!

Something catastrophic is about to humanity.

I know this is going to be really hard to believe, but you gotta believe me!

There is this thing call the [Corona Virus], I know you have never heard of it before. but it's going to start a global pandemic!

You have to warn people tell them to take it seriously!

but most importantly, stock up on toilet paper, that's is our currency now.

also, remember. Save the cheerleader, save the world!

Goodluck.

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
Save the cheerleader, save the world!
What year is this?

its 2020, heroes reference is not going to fly.

Half the internet population is not even alive when heroes was on TV!

Boy, why do I see a general trend for threads in the future...
well... if there is indeed going to be 666 threads about cheating in to trending in the next 20 years, there is going to be 2 to 3 threads every month(?) roughly? hahaha..

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
The year: 2077
I am 87 years old, having grasped a tiny sliver of the thing known as “trending” on ScribbleHub... there were long, hard battles of writing these ideas. How many stories had been abandoned? How many have been scattered to dust...? How many words did I actually write for that fan fiction...? Too many—oh wait, no these are not memories. It’s my life flashing before my eyes.
She’s dead Jim.

Back in 2021: I prefer lurking in the shadows.