How to make it to trending.?

Erios909

Hello!

From what I can tell, the best way to get on trending is a constant fluctuation of views from day-to-day. You want to alternate between days with as many views as possible and days with as few views as possible. This creates constant peaks and valleys with a high relative multiplier which seems to be the key to getting on trending. It also seems to be skewed to more views in total so while 200->600 might be a 3x multiplier, 1000->2500 (2.5x) will still beat it out.

Just from my observation from my story that has been trending. The spikes are trending days. Whenever I saw that there was a day where the spike wasn't going to be as 'spiky' I would release an extra chapter early that day well before the day change (to give people time to read it). I would also time my regular chapter releases to be a day early or near the end of the day while the story was on trending. That way all the new chapter views go toward a spike and it minimizes non-trending days.

Maybe it is confirmation bias, only the algo creator knows! :)

fb8fa074f7896c0ade3d9bebbff698f4.png

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
F*cking LitRPGs. They are the bane of my existence.
I feel like I need to apologize. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I'm using it as a plot device, though it's a big spoiler to get into details, I'm also trying my damndest to avoid some conventions, like levels. If you're read "I'm a spider so what?" - I can say that I took some inspiration from how it's game-like RPG system was revealed to be set up and what it was doing, but I also changed a great many things.

Here, please accept this cookie as my apology :blob_cookie:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I feel like I need to apologize. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I'm using it as a plot device, though it's a big spoiler to get into details, I'm also trying my damndest to avoid some conventions, like levels. If you're read "I'm a spider so what?" - I can say that I took some inspiration from how it's game-like RPG system was revealed to be set up and what it was doing, but I also changed a great many things.

Here, please accept this cookie as my apology :blob_cookie:

:blob_cookie: Cookie. *nom* *nom* Still, LitRPGs are like a plague these days. Everywhere.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
People gotta stop asking " how do i make it to trending?", or asking "why didnt I make it to trending?"

Listen here. Either your story is good enough to make it to trending, or it isnt. Plain and simple
Ikr? These kinds of posts just confuse the hell out of me. Why didn't I win the lottery from that scratch-off ticket I bought? I WORKED REAL HARD scrounging up those two bucks to purchase that ticket. Walked through snow and fought dragons and orge's and stuff. It's a perilous quest. And I still didn't win from that single ticket purchase? I demand instant gratification for my purchase or I want my money back

Why Didn't I Win The Lottery When I Bought A Lottery Ticket?

LOL

TheMangaGod

NOT a Yandere Imouto Loli Goddess I Swear
I've been in trending every other day for the last week or so and it seems to be a combination of at least two days with several thousand views?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Ikr? These kinds of posts just confuse the hell out of me. Why didn't I win the lottery from that scratch-off ticket I bought? I WORKED REAL HARD scrounging up those two bucks to purchase that ticket. Walked through snow and fought dragons and orge's and stuff. It's a perilous quest. And I still didn't win from that single ticket purchase? I demand instant gratification for my purchase or I want my money back

Why Didn't I Win The Lottery When I Bought A Lottery Ticket?

LOL
Yeah. Like...not to be mean or anything, but it's even kinda...pretentious? There's no magic button for making people click on or like your story and you shouldnt almost act surprised if you DONT make it to trending. Just quietly let your story stand on it's own merits. Or fall.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Yeah. Like...not to be mean or anything, but it's even kinda...pretentious? There's no magic button for making people click on or like your story and you shouldnt almost act surprised if you DONT make it to trending. Just quietly let your story stand on it's own merits. Or fall.
Why in the hell are you trying to be reasonable? You know damn well reason and logic are forbidden here!!! To Mount Dhoom with you. Begone peon. We are not amused.

D

Deleted member 29316

Trended up to the 27th-28th place the other day...the highest my story reached was 14th-15th place. I stopped hoping my work could make it to top nine, and just released at a regular pace (with some mass release to accommodate my end release date of December 31).

Slow and steady, as well as not expecting much could help you a lot.

TheMangaGod

NOT a Yandere Imouto Loli Goddess I Swear
I'm on my fifth time trending and this is what my views look like, like other people are saying mostly only on days with over 2000 the day before did I get trending...

1604465877499.png

ArcanePunkster

Well, to be honest, I'm even surprised my web novel made it to #1 for two days in like the last week or so. The worst thing anyone can do try to write a trending/five-star review story from the get-go it's impossible to do well with that mindset at least that's what I've found.

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
What I want to ask, is how the f%#@ did I make it to trending, twice?!

Clearly, someone broke something somewhere. :blob_hmm_two: Reality as we know it is slowly collapsing. :blob_shock: I bet it was some useless Goddess. :blob_facepalm:

Erios909

What I want to ask, is how the f%#@ did I make it to trending, twice?!

Clearly, someone broke something somewhere. :blob_hmm_two: Reality as we know it is slowly collapsing. :blob_shock: I bet it was some useless Goddess. :blob_facepalm:

Someone would probably love to read the story of the useless goddess of story trending. :blob_joy: :sweat_smile:

Nole786

As someone who just started trending for the first time yesterday
Well, to be honest, I'm even surprised my web novel made it to #1 for two days in like the last week or so. The worst thing anyone can do try to write a trending/five-star review story from the get-go it's impossible to do well with that mindset at least that's what I've found.
Same I just made it to number 5 on trending yesterday after only about 6 releases and it still feels surreal. Crazily enough that's the exact mindset I had going in lol idk how it worked out for me.