How would you deconstruct the “Abused and Neglected Male Reader” concept?

Oreo

For me, the logical conclusion would be a whiny loser that no one would take seriously.
Honestly, these fanfics do not make sense, and in internet there is a million of them. Most of them are written by teenagers or people around that age range.

They seem to think that having their insert have these tragic pasts make them edgy or what justify them being angsty all the time. But despite that, don’t bully them. We’ve all had our own form of escapism when we were young. Sure it’s cringey, but they’ll grow out of it eventually.

Also another reason not to bully them: they will write more ‘abused and neglected’ stories, but with you as the antagonist.

A lot of fanfics make no sense. A lot of them are just done with no deep, thought-provoking reason behind them.

Sometimes its just for funny sillyness. Sometimes its because the author wants to write about Ruby being a psychopathic serial murderer and rapist cannibal.

EngineGear

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I don't understand what you are trying to get at. Even with the link to some self insert RWBY fandom page.

If you are talking about the teenage angst that is often used to prop up some reader insert than you should either:

1. Blow up the angst so much that even in the best situations the character is a constant grim cloud that spits out straw nihilist talking points.

Or

2. Make it seem like the character has a terrible past than reveal they are an entitled little brat.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
That sounds like the boy who cried wolf too many times and is now fucked (aka, dies) and gets reincarnated as a trap version of Little Red Riding Hood. Now he has to deal with another wolf, the Big Bad Wolf, who's trying to get into his panties.

Edit: This actually sounds like a cool isekai fairy-tale kind of story.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
First, I'd get some painkillers and alcohol, as well as a fair share of surgical stitches(I'm not good at suturing so it may take several attempts)

Then I'd purchase the Complete Surgical Kit for Castration, 19 items
Then goes the tricky part, I have to either pass a very hard [Persuasion] skill check or hard [Stealth] check to obtain the neglected and abused male reader.

Assuming it went fine either way, I'd next move him to my attic(I don't have a basement). If not, keep re-rolling until it works or load the save.

Then I'd tie him up to a surgical table. Nothing fancy, just a large, smooth, flat piece of wood, just like a perfect chest should be. Carefully sanitizing the area of interest, and waiting until painkillers(morphine) kicks in, I'd play some video games and chat on discord.

Then, when all is set and done, hold the unnesecery object with pincers, and carefully flay it layer by layer with scalpel and forceps. The subject might experience some discomfort here, so it's prudent to gag him. Anything can work as a gag, so I'd improvise.
At any rate, the disposed meat should be sorted and thrown away with BIO garbage(or fed to a cat alternatively), and the wound sutured until there is a certainty that there won't be any further bleeding.

Then, the neglected and abused male reader is ready to begin her life as the neglected and abused female reader.

You're welcome.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Nanites. Grey goo specifically. That shit decontructs everything. Into strange matter, that is. Horrible way to go, but I don't judge.

Or if you are talking story, deconstruction is not a word you are using properly. You take the character and point out his defining traits then expose those traits to reality. Then you rebuild him as close to realistic as possible.

Nobody remembers the reconstruction part. Deconstruction has come to mean, SHIT ON THING BECUASE WE IS MUCH SMRT

Ellen_Dunkel

For me, the logical conclusion would be a whiny loser that no one would take seriously.
As far as I can tell there's nothing unrealistic about that kind of character. Is there really anything to deconstruct about this set of tropes or do you just hate reading it. Because if it's the second then what you're looking for is a parody, not a deconstruction. If what you're looking for is parody, the obvious options would be to make the character a whiner with a good life, or to exaggerate to the point of ridiculousness (his family kicked him out, and then his adoptive family dies when his village gets burned down by the villain, and then he gets kicked off the planet, and then the planet gets burned down by the villain, etc), or to have a bunch of characters have the same type of tragic background

EngineGear

Honestly, these fanfics do not make sense, and in internet there is a million of them. Most of them are written by teenagers or people around that age range.

They seem to think that having their insert have these tragic pasts make them edgy or what justify them being angsty all the time. But despite that, don’t bully them. We’ve all had our own form of escapism when we were young. Sure it’s cringey, but they’ll grow out of it eventually.

Also another reason not to bully them: they will write more ‘abused and neglected’ stories, but with you as the antagonist.

A lot of fanfics make no sense. A lot of them are just done with no deep, thought-provoking reason behind them.

Sometimes its just for funny sillyness. Sometimes its because the author wants to write about Ruby being a psychopathic serial murderer and rapist cannibal.
Dammit, I’ve seen this comment in Reddit numerous times. It’s getting old.

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.

even more reason to dunk on them. any publicity is good publicity lmao

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
That sounds like the boy who cried wolf too many times and is now fucked (aka, dies) and gets reincarnated as a trap version of Little Red Riding Hood. Now he has to deal with another wolf, the Big Bad Wolf, who's trying to get into his panties.

Edit: This actually sounds like a cool isekai fairy-tale kind of story.
Write it, I'd read it. :blob_cookie:

AnUnknownMan

His Mind gets broken. Then he gets put in a non-negotiable position of importance. Make his malefactors rely upon him. He fails them at ever opportunity because of the trauma that they caused.