I’m utterly disappointed with Waifu Labs

• Thread starter Deleted member 93348
  • Start date

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
View attachment 15605
Waifulabs is ancient shit. AI is way better now. Pic related is AI. OP just didn't do his research right.
The fact waifulabs is still the best site for making anime art when "AI is way better now" and "waifulabs is ancient shit" just kinda proves my point, I guess?

There are some pretty cool AI sites that try making more realistic stuff, but they always flop badly when trying anime style.

Yeah, sure, I'm aware that there are others that can make anime stuff... Waifulabs still does it best though.

Fritzer

The fact waifulabs is still the best site for making anime art when "AI is way better now" and "waifulabs is ancient shit" just kinda proves my point, I guess?

There are some pretty cool AI sites that try making more realistic stuff, but they always flop badly when trying anime style.

Yeah, sure, I'm aware that there are others that can make anime stuff... Waifulabs still does it best though.
You shall not deceive lurkers. Pic related is with AI. I have hundreds of these now.

Attachments

• White short hair, girl, petite, goat horns, red eyes, monk. Fighting. Goat. Arm bandages. Kara...png
    White short hair, girl, petite, goat horns, red eyes, monk. Fighting. Goat. Arm bandages. Kara...png
    427.9 KB · Views: 31

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I got what I wanted for the other characters for my upcoming novel, and some even exceeded my expectations.

Haruto (not the MC, I’m serious):

View attachment 15601
Tokino (his wife):

View attachment 15602
Yukino (their daughter):

View attachment 15603

But then there’s the actual MC, who may look cool to some of you, but I’m disappointed. Exceedingly, in fact.

Hokori (more teenager than adult, smh):

View attachment 15604

It seems Waifu Labs can’t seem to draw a male MC that isn't a bishōnen or a generic otome husbando. All I wanted was a Grimmjow/Kenpachi-like dude that actually looks 25, and with a lean but very toned build. I wanted an MC that instantly shows the reader that he is a prideful, bloodthirsty shit-talker—just by his fanged, toothy grin alone.

Tell me, fam, is it really too much to ask? Do I really have to pay for a $1k commission from some rando Etsy artist for my desired MC?
You got charged 1k for a face? Which high class host club is that?

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
Try NightCafe.
Thank you very much for mentioning this one, I've been playing around with it for a few days, and am getting close to having a good picture of the main chars in my story. Everyone else, I highly recommend checking out NightCafe as well, they give you 5 credits per day for free, and just halved the price of their stable diffusion generation, so you can get ten individual pictures per day. Additionally, you can generate multiple in a block at once to save even more. Much nicer than "you absolutely must spend money" for poor folks like me.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Tell me, fam, is it really too much to ask? Do I really have to pay for a $1k commission from some rando Etsy artist for my desired MC?
Yes, because you're too lazy to find an affordable artist that does your desired art style.

If you don't want to spend money then go invest your time to search for AIs and fiddle with their parameters instead of whining to other people that the things you get for free are disappointing.

Ellen_Dunkel

You could just use a picrew. It's not going to look quite as good as what you got from waifulabs but you can actually decide the details of your character. (Make sure you get a good picrew, the bad ones can only make young-looking characters)

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
You could just use a picrew. It's not going to look quite as good as what you got from waifulabs but you can actually decide the details of your character. (Make sure you get a good picrew, the bad ones can only make young-looking characters)
Picrew was my site to go to whenever I needed to show what I imagined a character to look like, so I really recommend it if you don't want to spend money. I'm currently messing with NovelAI to see what It can do, and so far, I have had good results. In fact, my current banner was made with NovelAI.