I need MORE readers!!!!!!!

Thorkell_40k

I need more readers 😃 I have posted this series months ago and yet there are so less readers 😫 I have seen many Authors share their series here to get advise so now I also need some 🙂 Anyone who read this please give me some advise and guide me to get more readers 😣

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
I need more readers 😃 I have posted this series months ago and yet there are so less readers 😫 I have seen many Authors share their series here to get advise so now I also need some 🙂 Anyone who read this please give me some advise and guide me to get more readers 😣
Same…
Maybe if you could upload a nice cover, you could get more readers. There is a famous post around here, of a user that could help you with that.

i think this is the one?
https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/i-can-make-you-a-simple-cover-art-for-free.6264/
You could also make temporary art for your cover, just don’t make the same mistake I did and size it correctly before drawing…
Original cover:
1AE0CB9E-A575-4001-A3E2-387E053223A0.png

Failed resize…
DECD0872-593C-4BC9-83D8-B4E55CBCA052.png

Resizing after makes the details blurry…

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
a lotta those authors are desperate attention whores who wanna use the requesting of advice as a veneer to hide behind the fact they just wanna shill their story in hopes of gaining more readers, when a few simple steps like GITTING GUD and UPDATING OFTEN and having CLICKBAIT COVERS are all it really takes to build at least a moderate following

Now, some people really do seek advice tho. and that's fine. Each type of author I'm talking about knows who they are.

Anyway, what i mean by "git gud" is a bit more expansive than the snark of the words implies. But also simple. In short, getting good requires a few small but important things. First, decent grammar. If you're a native English speaker with at least a highschool level education, you should be mostly fine.

Second, sentence structure. This can encompass several things in itself, but its mainly about how your phrase certain things. Rather, its your style of writing. Pick up any award winning hardcover juvenile fantasy story, like Percy Jackson and the Olympians for example, and see how the author there writes. It sounds rather vague here, but reading a good book and learning from an example is the best you can do. If all you read is Japanese light novels, you WILL have very obvious flaws in your writing, Sentence structure/writing style can also include character interactions. Again, go read a good book that's acknowledged as being well-written and learn how those characters interact

If you're the type of person who basically doesn't talk much with people and forgot how social interaction works, you arent entirely fucked but you do have to, again, look up examples from your favorite book.

As long as you got decent grammar and don't write like your first language is Swahili you should gain some readers so long as you update frequently, make three or four chapters a week at least, and have a nice cover. You can find fuckloads of very nice covers online. Dont anyone give me any excuses, yall ain't selling these stories so there's no problem.

I've found that as long as i updated more often, people at least clicked on my stories. Dont worry about Trending, Just don't. It doesn't matter, just get over it.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
I will be honest with you, without the popular tags and especially without a cover and an eye-catching synopsis, you won't get much of an audience here. The premise doesn't seem too interesting for royalroad either. Of course your writing can be so good and the twists can be so interesting none of that shit matters, but right now it doesn't seem that way. I haven't read your first chapter yet but your synopsis doesn't really catch my interest. Like wtf are with all those idioms, I suggest you avoid using those, they only serve to confuse potential audience.
Your spelling and grammar is also off

recalls his past of how he traveled a journey -> journey is not necessary here, it is already clear he traveled, choose one or the other
Being regard of his past, Akki's present life flips its pages against himself, turning his peaceful life into a dark turn and bloodline into a last line. - the first part makes no sense, the idiom used here is just awkward. "Bloodline into a last line" also doesn't make sense.

How will Akki fight his past to bright his future? -> How will Akki fight his past to brighten his future?
Been the strongest of all kind, how will Akki be released from the chains of Abandoned and live among the place he dreams to call it his own home planet Earth? -> Being the strongest of all kind, dunno if Abandoned is the name of the chains, but if it isn't that shouldn't be capitalized and turned into abandonment.
More importantly, your synopsis tells nothing aside that your mc has an edgy backstory and wants to have a better life , I suggest heading over to the synopsis review thread.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
I don’t want to sound like a dick, but your problem is blatantly obvious. Your wrote three chapters all the way back in July with like 5-10 day gaps between them. Only about 4K words altogether. If you want readers, you’ve got to actually write a full story with consistent steady releases.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I will be honest with you, without the popular tags and especially without a cover and an eye-catching synopsis, you won't get much of an audience here. The premise doesn't seem too interesting for royalroad either. Of course your writing can be so good and the twists can be so interesting none of that shit matters, but right now it doesn't seem that way. I haven't read your first chapter yet but your synopsis doesn't really catch my interest. Like wtf are with all those idioms, I suggest you avoid using those, they only serve to confuse potential audience.
Your spelling and grammar is also off

recalls his past of how he traveled a journey -> journey is not necessary here, it is already clear he traveled, choose one or the other
Being regard of his past, Akki's present life flips its pages against himself, turning his peaceful life into a dark turn and bloodline into a last line. - the first part makes no sense, the idiom used here is just awkward. "Bloodline into a last line" also doesn't make sense.

How will Akki fight his past to bright his future? -> How will Akki fight his past to brighten his future?
Been the strongest of all kind, how will Akki be released from the chains of Abandoned and live among the place he dreams to call it his own home planet Earth? -> Being the strongest of all kind, dunno if Abandoned is the name of the chains, but if it isn't that shouldn't be capitalized and turned into abandonment.
More importantly, your synopsis tells nothing aside that your mc has an edgy backstory and wants to have a better life , I suggest heading over to the synopsis review thread.
huh, mind giving me your thoughts on one of my stories' synopsis? I try to put more personality into then, but dunno how well i actually do at that.

Also, you're right. The Novel game is all about covers and synopsis. People who say don't judge a book my a cover are fucking brain dead.

BlackKnightX

I…don’t like tragedy…😐😑

W-Well, bye… 👋🏻

killwrites

Need motivation
You can put your story in your signature as free promotion, like the one below this message

Tip: you prob should take a look at your statistics to figure out where most of your readers are coming from (referrals) to get a better sense of your audience. Like for eg mine, i have people coming to my story because they searched up the sexual content tag...even though i haven't reached the sexual content part yet oops

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
huh, mind giving me your thoughts on one of my stories' synopsis? I try to put more personality into then, but dunno how well i actually do at that.

Also, you're right. The Novel game is all about covers and synopsis. People who say don't judge a book my a cover are fucking brain dead.
Well, I guess I can try later on, will send it to your inbox.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Well, I guess I can try later on, will send it to your inbox.
cool man, here. It's kinda short

Thorkell_40k

Maybe if you could upload a nice cover, you could get more readers. There is a famous post around here, of a user that could help you with that.

i think this is the one?
https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/i-can-make-you-a-simple-cover-art-for-free.6264/
Ithank you so much for the precious advise 😀 I will keep in mind to upload above for it 😊
And about the thread I have seen it? 😇 But, I don't want to bother or distrub other Artists? ☺ whole I am an Artist myself 😆
Why not you check my thread too!!!! 😁
But, the second thread is too long😅 anyway hope you enjoy watching the art 😊
Thank you so much for the precious advise 😀 I will keep in mind to not make the same mistake 😆
Same…

You could also make temporary art for your cover, just don’t make the same mistake I did and size it correctly before drawing…
Original cover:
View attachment 9789
Failed resize…

Resizing after makes the details blurry…

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
cool man, here. It's kinda short

b-bro..... 💕