I'm bored V.2 (to authors)

BlackKnightX

Nope. I'm still in the starting chapters and I don't want to release anything unless I have enough backlog to cover my writing schedule that's even more effed up than a penguin on a volcano.
A shame. Looking forward to it.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
How do you usually visualize the story when you write? Do you see it as a movie? Anime? Semi-realistic? Comics/manga? Real life? Video game? Or maybe you don't visualize and only focus on the words?
my stories are a bit weird because its usually visualized as anime in my head, but im also often doing sex scenes in them and i picture that in live action. SOMETIMES i guess i visualize it as hentai, but yeah. Its weird. My stories give both those vibes at different times. Sometimes they read like light novels, sometimes they read like hardcover eroticas

Feylin

I visualize them in this cool animation, unfinished, style so each time I try to write, the words would be so messy or that when I reread, the sentences lacked certain words and spelling mistakes would be so apparent like "crystal" became "Trishta" but its probably because I often write my stories late in the night XDDD

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
I imagine my story as an anime of floating disembodied concept that are partially visually rendered and the rest are either photostock of memories or blurry ai-like vomit

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
It depends on the scene, but I don't see my stories. I don't have the capacity of seeing images as I want. If I ever want to have visual thinking, I do that when I'm in a half-asleep state. I can emulate that very easily since I have Insomnia.
For the most of the writing, what I "imagine" are the feelings of the scene. Each word has a meaning, and each meaning has a feeling behind it, which brings to me an emotion that makes me link with the next word in the scene. So even though they are "words", they are actually sensations. They are experiences that have to be materialized before they are lost forever in my mind. Which is perfectly fine, actually. I only write sometimes.

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Really depends, but most of it is either animation, flip flop between 2D and 3D, with styles ranging from anime (80s to 2000s shounen to shoujo to action) to western styles one. but mostly eastern style of animation. Although sometime, they are as janky as a piece of middle school PPTX lol

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
I view things similar to a film/live-action television and use that to inform how I approach each scene.

Like, I know most just wish it was X and write as if it were. For me, I use techniques meant to mimic different shots and so on. Like I'll have things that mimic wide shots which touch more into the narration and when transitioning or when I decide to describe and so on. Then I typically view the main scene with the character as the camera and so on.

At least with how I approach the specific style I use. I can change it accordingly based on the story. But yeah, if I have to visualize it, I often think in film terms, though I'm fine with anime or so on. The story can work in whatever medium and the character designs are adaptable.

J_Chemist

As I do hope one day someone will come to me and say they'll make a manga/manwha out of my garbage story, I visualize my story as an anime.

However, I don't think of it like the goofy SAO graphics or typical anime graphics. More realistic and gritty, as the story is rather grimdark apparently. I try to stick to realism as much as possible so I limit things in that regard. If it's too flashy or off the wall, I cut it and take the time to rethink to make sure I'm not going wild.

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
For my fantasy world, it's one I've been working on for over a decade, every single valley and mountain is a real place on my mind who's views I can see clear as if I were there.

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
How do you usually visualize the story when you write? Do you see it as a movie? Anime? Semi-realistic? Comics/manga? Real life? Video game? Or maybe you don't visualize and only focus on the words?
First, I planned to make stories by making anime out of it but I don't have a drawing pad nor any experience with drawings. Until I discovered web novels and just visualized all my imaginations by anime plot.

Verdante

Woah that’s a fun question. I have aphantasia, so I try to supplement writing a scene by using music to get into the vibes and searching/watching videos to get a feel of the scene I want to write.

I start first with the emotions of my characters and work backwards from there