I'm curious, what writing software do you (yes I mean you specially) use?

GabrielTenma

I may not be able to choose when and how I am born, but I can try to choose when and how I die.
Honestly, that's based. Hopefully it goes as planned, keep on writing!
On the 'New Chapter' page.

I could be accidentally pressing 'publish' on an advanced chapter and ruining my day anytime, so it is pretty nice for the thrills.
The thrills is crazy, authors nowadays need that edge ig

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
Microsoft Word with ProWriting Aid for writing and Plottr for planning.
Not sure if I'm going to reactivate my Ofice once school is done so might be using LibreOffice (or whatever it is now) or back to Google Docs once that expires.

GabrielTenma

Microsoft Word with ProWriting Aid for writing and Plottr for planning.
Not sure if I'm going to reactivate my Ofice once school is done so might be using LibreOffice (or whatever it is now) or back to Google Docs once that expires.
Sensible enough, I've seen plottr but I wondered if it was worth the money (Not like I'm gonna buy it). How much would you say it has helped you in your writing process??
I used Google Docs for a bit, but switched to Atticus and really like it.
I did a surface-level search but for how much the price of Atticus is, that would be such a big leap for anyone I think. Hopefully it makes your writing experience much more enjoyable and efficient

I've been writing in Google Docs for all three of my web novels. I've seen some stuff floating around about software that is more efficient for web novel writing, so I'm curious to hear what anyone and everyone's choice of writing software is!

Paid or Free, I need to know! Please!
Microsoft Word and Google docs.
I outline in word.
My choices are easy. I'm used to MS Word, since that's what I used all through college and Google docs to have it backed up on a cloud or to give a link so friends can read what I've done.

rlumayno

Sensible enough, I've seen plottr but I wondered if it was worth the money (Not like I'm gonna buy it). How much would you say it has helped you in your writing process??

I did a surface-level search but for how much the price of Atticus is, that would be such a big leap for anyone I think. Hopefully it makes your writing experience much more enjoyable and efficient
It's a bit steep, but at least it's a one time cost. I think during Black Friday they run sales too, so that might be a good time to pick it up. I use the formatting feature too, so it was worth it for me. One thing it doesn't have that Google Docs does have is the ability to make internal notes - I usually flag things as I go so I remember them for my second draft. Atticus doesn't have that feature, but I thought I saw something about them eventually wanting to do that.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
On the 'New Chapter' page.

I could be accidentally pressing 'publish' on an advanced chapter and ruining my day anytime, so it is pretty nice for the thrills.
You are sick in the head.
I write in the scribblehub editor. I used to write in the wordpress editor until they broke it for me. Not sure what I'll use when I finally finish writing the web novel and decide to edit it down and make a light novel.
You too!
I've been writing in Google Docs for all three of my web novels. I've seen some stuff floating around about software that is more efficient for web novel writing, so I'm curious to hear what anyone and everyone's choice of writing software is!

Paid or Free, I need to know! Please!
Docs!

Praybird

Das a lotta docs... +1 for MS Word! And the default Notes app on my phone, where I write outlines.

GabrielTenma

Pen and paper then copy straight to SH.
That foolishness never seeing me, so much work for a single draft
Scrivener since 2014! Its paid, but only one-time payment. Worth every penny!
I've been looking into this but I see that it has a steep learning curve so I've just been google doc-ing
Das a lotta docs... +1 for MS Word! And the default Notes app on my phone, where I write outlines.
Cuz Docs is life, viva la docs

Glorious_Milfhunter

Huh? Who are you?
Used to be Docs guy until I grew bored and found Focus Writer. It takes some time to customise but the end results is an aeshthetically pleasing word processor which can work offline

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Yes yes. Don't bother using the search function.

I'll just eat up DB space and repost this, AGAIN.

HOW TO BE YOUR OWN EDITOR

1. Write the chapter yourself.

2. Run it through a simple spell checker like Word.

3. Go to ChatGPT and type "Rephrase The Following Paragraph" Take one paragraph of at least 3 sentences and save it in a separate file. Feed that paragraph to ChatGPT. Copy the resulting paragraph to a separate file. Make a hybrid paragraph of the best of both.

4. Repeat step 3 until you have done every paragraph.

5. Turn on Grammerly. Just use the spell-checking feature. Screw the suggestions.

6. Go through your chapter to search for the following words:
Suddenly
Very/really
Started
Just
Somewhat/slightly
Somehow
Seem(s)
Definitely
If you see any of these words, reconsider them. Usually, these words are misused. If someone is speaking, no problem, but outside of the conversation, they usually are a bad sign.

7. If any sections don't feel right use the following at random:
prowritingaid.com/rephrase
sudowrite.com/app
writesonic.com/
But they do not allow unlimited use, so just use these occasionally to get a different perspective on how you phrased something.

8. Put it through Text Edit and turn on the text-to-speech feature. Listen to the chapter and fix it as it reads it out loud to you.

9. Go through and check for words that you keep using over and over. Using the same word too often will stand out. Try to have at least three different ways of referring to any main character. Avoid using the same word more than once in any given paragraph, or at least no more than once a page (pronouns/conjunctions not included, obviously). The English language is incredibly diverse, so the more you force yourself to get creative using alternatives, the more interesting your work is.

10. Turn on Grammerly one last time for spell-checking.

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
Scrivener, because after the battle that was trying to write, format and edit 102 pages in Word I swore to never touch this steaming pile of garbage again.