Is it just me or are these problems just obvious?

LilTV1155

Read a few stories and manga.
Is it just me that the love interests in harem tag stories acting a . ... little too loose or high strung, but more nastier?

Love at irst sight.
Love at first sex.
Love at frist kindness.
Love at first mercy.
Love at first kiss or handholding.
Love at first shit.
Love at first hug.
Love at first save.
Love at first fight after losing.
Love at first knowwledge impression.
Love at first nag or serious talkdown.
Love at first power or talent.
They are really pushing it. Do everyone need a piece of that useless DNA?
To be more accurate, it's not "love" anymore, but pure lust out of control.
When one introduce a harem, but romantic interests skip the Romance part even from Romcom, and jump straight to "Must sex". The whole thing feel too forced, very loose, no dignity, and almost rapey.
The characters in harem tended to act like literal prostitutes, bitches, brats, thots, bullies, harassers, nuisances, useless teammates, trouble magnets, duel pushers, muscle brained retards, or worse rapey stalkers that camt take No for answer.
It's very hard to respect or expect anything beneficial from any female characters related or unrelated to a MC harem in'story due to harem interests' behaviors toward MC.
It's one thing to expect fan services and self insert ehoism.
It's another thing to see a possible invrease in misogyny through MC's perspective.
So is it just me? Or am I seriously seeing the trend of harem characters with personalities targeted toward potential toxic or nasty aspects of romance (more like sex crazed smut / hentai)?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
today we bear witness an innocent soul's first exposure to the concept of "fan service" and how there exists shitty fiction with toxic elements that people still read because of a foreign, almost alien idea called "gratification"

next time, we'll see as this paragon of purity discovers "power fantasy", and "OP characters". will she be able to grasp the notion, or go on a tear to rid the world of this unacceptable filth?

Agentt

Thighs
Is it just me that the love interests in harem tag stories acting a . ... little too loose or high strung, but more nastier?

Love at irst sight.
Love at first sex.
Love at frist kindness.
Love at first mercy.
Love at first shit.
Love at first hug.
Love at first save.
When one introduce a harem, but romantic interests skip the Romance part even from Romcom, and jump straight to "Must sex". The whole thing feel too forced, very loose, no dignity, and almost rapey.
The characters in harem tended to act like literal prostitutes, bitches, brats, thots, bullies, harassers, nuisances, useless teammates, trouble magnets, duel pushers, muscle brained retards, or worse rapey stalkers that camt take No for answer.
It's very hard to respect or expect anything beneficial from any female characters related or unrelated to a MC harem in'story due to harem interests' behaviors toward MC.
It's another thing to see a possible invrease in misogyny through MC's perspective.
So is it just me? Or am I seriously seeing the trend of harem characters with personalities targeted toward potential toxic or nasty aspects of romance (more like sex crazed smut / hentai)?
Well, no.

There is no lack of "real romance" out there.
It's just that this and that are different genres,

The love at first __ thing happens because the characters are usually introverted. If they were to propose normally, we would spend like a quarter of story seeing them being good friends and mustering the courage to propose.

Also, the sex part isn't that inaccurate. Many girls, and I mean many, really jump to sex on first date. Same with boys, I guess? I haven't seen any boys doing so other than movies, but that's just because I don't really ask men about their sex lives. Girls, on other hand, I have seen many perverts
In a way, there is no difference between them.
The MC is just so nice, he would sacrifice his life for a stranger. Plus, he is never sad, or suffering from any setback. For a person like that, there isn't a difference between lust and love. A wife would be just a friend you can lick boobs of.
But not all harems are like that,
Rascal dreams of bunny girl senpai,
Is a quite nice harem, very clean and non disgusting, and I am not saying this in a sarcastic way.

ForestDweller

Well, hopefully, my harem story doesn't have that problem.

It's up for my readers to judge but I do try to make the falling in love process as realistic as I could. Well, by harem standard anyway.

BlackKnightX

Love at irst sight.
Love at first sex.
Love at frist kindness.
Love at first mercy.
Love at first shit.
Love at first hug.
Love at first save.
It’s the power of the protagonist—especially a harem’s one.

You can literally be anything but likable, but the girls will always love you no matter what. Why? Read the first sentence.

On a more serious note, though: it’s wish-fulfillment. You’re supposed to insert yourself into the protagonist and be awesome. That’s all you have to do.

Though, the more different the protagonist is to you, the harder it will be to get into his shoes. (The most obvious one is different genders. If you’re a girl with the girl’s mindset, it’s hard to get into the protagonist’s shoes if he’s a guy with a guy’s mindset.)

So, seeing that you seem to be an innocent bystander who’s just stumbled upon a whole new world, I suggest you find the genre that’s suitable for you. Try finding the protagonist that’s similar to you so you can relate to him/her, then let’s see how you feel after that.

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
Love at irst sight.
Love at first sex.
Love at frist kindness.
Love at first mercy.
Love at first shit.
Love at first hug.
Love at first save.
Well, maybe that's because the first time is always the most memorable? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And If you are bored with the "love at first..." thingy, why don't you write the same genre but with "love at second...." Or "love at third..." I would like to read it!

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
today we bear witness an innocent soul's first exposure to the concept of "fan service" and how there exists shitty fiction with toxic elements that people still read because of a foreign, almost alien idea called "gratification"

next time, we'll see as this paragon of purity discovers "power fantasy", and "OP characters". will she be able to grasp the notion, or go on a tear to rid the world of this unacceptable filth?
were watching them as they become a person who knows about cliches.
are we really not going to talk about this?
I'm assuming shes referring to child birth

BenJepheneT

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
If shes referring to child birth, That means the mother loves her child as soon as it was born in an incestual way. (No it's not maternal love. lets ignore that)

longer

Balls
Think about it this way, how exactly are we supposed to get a harem if each heroine takes a whole fucking arc or more to fall in love? You know how long that would take? And do you honestly believe that our audience has an attention span longer than 0.3 seconds?

BenJepheneT

Think about it this way, how exactly are we supposed to get a harem if each heroine takes a whole fucking arc or more to fall in love? You know how long that would take? And do you honestly believe that our audience has an attention span longer than 0.3 seconds?
that sounds like the kinda harem story im writing rn 🗿

im proud to say though I have a total of 3 (maybe less) staying readers, their collective attention span towers over the rest of all harem readers combined