Is it worth the hassle?

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
After all the threads talking about other sites, I figured I would try uploading one of my stories to another site. However after waiting two days for approval it was rejected on the grounds that I was using copyrighted material for a cover photo. This is not the case. As I took precaution to use only public domain material for my cover. On the other hand the site has cover arts that use historical photos like mine, and even copyrighted stuff like video game art. So I don’t know if I’m just being papered out the door.

I opened a support ticket showing proof it was a public domain image, but I don’t expect them to respond for a couple of days, or even to agree with my evidence. Even then should I bother to fight this? Even if the audience isn’t really who I write for I like SH as a site much more.

SailusGebel

I assume it's RR? If it is RR, they also rejected my story, stating that there was too much r-18 content. But after explaining to them that there isn't much r-18, my story was approved. Anyway, this question is for you to decide. Be honest, at least to yourself, and answer this question. Do you want more readers? If your answer is yes, then it's worth it.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I assume it's RR? If it is RR, they also rejected my story, stating that there was too much r-18 content. But after explaining to them that there isn't much r-18, my story was approved. Anyway, this question is for you to decide. Be honest, at least to yourself, and answer this question. Do you want more readers? If your answer is yes, then it's worth it.
Hopefully things work out the same way. I’m too prideful to concede and say I was violating copyright.

Only a few weeks into my posting, but it's been a bit of a crapshoot so far :-P. I am posting the same story on here, RR, Wattpad, and Inkitt, just to see how they all track (including once complete), and which community I like the most.

So far, SH and RR are winning easily. I also think the general stereotype of SH and RR being similar, but with RR being more serious and SH being more playful is pretty accurate.

Agentt

Thighs
A lot of things to describe SH. Haven't thought of playful.
:blobrofl:
I do see toddlers tear away each other clothes while playing, so, well~~♡
We do have very low expectations considering the stuff that gets posted here

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
After all the threads talking about other sites, I figured I would try uploading one of my stories to another site. However after waiting two days for approval it was rejected on the grounds that I was using copyrighted material for a cover photo. This is not the case. As I took precaution to use only public domain material for my cover. On the other hand the site has cover arts that use historical photos like mine, and even copyrighted stuff like video game art. So I don’t know if I’m just being papered out the door.

I opened a support ticket showing proof it was a public domain image, but I don’t expect them to respond for a couple of days, or even to agree with my evidence. Even then should I bother to fight this? Even if the audience isn’t really who I write for I like SH as a site much more.

you sure the problem was the historical photo and not the animu girl?

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Wing, kinda sucks, just saying, not because we mutaully hate each other

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Too much litrpg content. Too stiff competition. Need to rise about the tons and tons of other litrpg stories.

and corruption. review and rating manipulation to get into rising stars or trending