Is nudity sufficient qualifications for a sexual content warning?

Lurking

Hm, I can write completely unsexual nudity scenes, wondering if that counts for a warning for sexual content?

Its just like, a bath.

That means naked, but it doesn't mean sexual content.

What should I do? Tag it as a warning for nudity or sexual content or nothing? Currently doing nothing about it.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I would make a simple announcement at the beginning of the chapter.

I assume, you won’t write it ambiguously. If it’s innocent, it shouldn’t be worth a sexual content tag. The ones, who see everyday activities as something sexual need to calm down.

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
You’re generally naked when you shower (never-nudes being the exception), but showering isn’t inherently sexual.
Edit: So like @tiaf said, a forewarning at the beginning of the chapter(s) that there is nudity.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i think only tony could give a definitive answer but @tiaf 's suggestion is good. If you're going to be descriptive, even if it's just a bath, then it wouldnt hurt to err on the safe side and warn people.

Owl

Nervous writer
+1
If you just write, "is taking a shower" and give small hints then I dont think youd even need a warning, but you should add one if you start describing their body in detail

Nneeil

There are many things you can do in a shower, just saying... :sneaky:

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
Depends if it is used to provoke a "sexual response" or is written in a platonic artistic way. What is the author's intention for adding the nudity? That is what I would ask. If the answer is to make the scene "Sexy" I would argue it is sexual. A lot can be infered by the voice the author decides to use in their descriptions.

Vanny

Well, if someone's naked I could see why it'd be considered sexual, even more so in the west, at least. More importantly, are you writing about bathing? Reasons to get naked that aren't sexual are usually left out of books because they're boring.

Lurking

i think only tony could give a definitive answer but @tiaf 's suggestion is good. If you're going to be descriptive, even if it's just a bath, then it wouldnt hurt to err on the safe side and warn people.
Not that descriptive. Just, takes off clothes, cleans, bathes.

Lurking

Depends if it is used to provoke a "sexual response" or is written in a platonic artistic way. What is the author's intention for adding the nudity? That is what I would ask. If the answer is to make the scene "Sexy" I would argue it is sexual. A lot can be infered by the voice the author decides to use in their descriptions.
No. Thats not it lol. Nope.

Lurking

Well, if someone's naked I could see why it'd be considered sexual, even more so in the west, at least. More importantly, are you writing about bathing? Reasons to get naked that aren't sexual are usually left out of books because they're boring.
No. The budity is just happenstance. Its described since its a plot point or sumthing.

Not sure what plot is tbh.

Lurking

If it’s depicted in those exact words, then no it’s not at all sexual.
Hmm?
Not those exact words. I just sort of sometimes write stories where I ignore that the character is naked? I don't excessively point it out, but I once wrote like 10k where the character was naked...

Nothing sexual about it. Just, hey, naked humans are a thing.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Pretty simple. If they're taking a simple shower and you mention they're nude, then no. If you're worried about it, warn them of the nudity. It'll only be sexual if said character pleasures themselves in the shower or someone is blatantly peeking and having sexual thoughts. The latter is stretching it a bit.

Lurking

Pretty simple. If they're taking a simple shower and you mention they're nude, then no. If you're worried about it, warn them of the nudity. It'll only be sexual if said character pleasures themselves in the shower or someone is blatantly peeking and having sexual thoughts. The latter is stretching it a bit.
Alright.

I didnt want anyone getting on my case about this, good to know I aint the only one who thinks this way.

Ninetailed_Furball

I don't even it even warrants a warning or doing anything special. Even if you're being descriptive and spending an entire chapter on the scene (and I'm talking about the 4k word chapters like mine), it doesn't need any sort of warning as long as you're not sexualizing it.

I mean, it's one thing if you're spending an inordinate amount of words describing the character's gentiles or they're feeling themselves up, but otherwise there's no reason to bother warning anyone.

It's like how no warnings are needed for the MC to go to a gynecologist, unless if it turns out he's a creep. Or the BF.