Last non-fiction book you read.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
What's the last non fiction book you read? If you read any at all.

I don't read them very often. When I do it's mostly boring political books.

Last one I read was Perestroika by Gorbachev, but that was like 6 months ago almost.

I'm not going to count textbooks, manuals, or anything you are obligated to, and don't choose to read.

LilRora

Mostly formless
I think it was a book on geodesy? Or chemistry? I'm not sure which and I don't remember the titles, but it was either of those for one of two projects at college.

If those those don't count (they weren't textbooks and I wasn't obligated to read them, but those were still for projects), then probably Fichtenholz's Calculus.

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
Description & Setting by Ron Rozelle.

As a matter of fact, I was reading it just before I got here. However, discounting that it's been a while, I suppose.
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, was it?

SailusGebel

Unholy, unknown, and holy powers - Sergey Maximov. I didn't finish it, since it didn't have what I was looking for at the time.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
architecture book about the materials used to construct the modern landscape we live on, like concrete, steel and how they were discovered for their use in construction
and a couple of history books and a scholarly article about the most popular medieval heretical movements (though that one I just skimmed)

Tempokai

Overworked One
... does the 70 page manual about a specific machinery count? I read it 3 months ago. Besides that I probably listened videos about the books more than reading them

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
An accounting manual explaining the merger betwen 2 companies into the same economic group. The text explained the reason for the initial refusal for the merger by the autorities, and the reasoning of many experts in why the merger shouldnt be rejected. In the end the veredict was a denial of the mergers since the autority in question didnt found any economic value gained in the transaction that wasnt a tax credit

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
Save the cat writes a novel, because after ~7 years of reading, writing and editing research papers my human writing skills were worse than rusty.
I'm halfway through the book. It's great; so many of my questions related to plotting and how it is done are answered by reading it. The beat sheet is a cheat sheet, no joke. Any other recommendations?

Last edited:

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
I'm halfway through the book. It's great; so many of my questions related to plotting and how it is done are answered through the book. The beat sheet is a cheat sheet, no joke. Any other recommendations?
I was really happy to find the book that would sum up everything so nicely. Funny enough I also found a blog of some lady writing cheesy romance novels, that had surprisingly helpful explanations and tips for writing. Aside from that I don't have anything else that I would go out of my way to recommend. At least not in English.

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
I was really happy to find the book that would sum up everything so nicely. Funny enough I also found a blog of some lady writing cheesy romance novels, that had surprisingly helpful explanations and tips for writing. Aside from that I don't have anything else that I would go out of my way to recommend. At least not in English.
Thanks! I'll definitely be sure to check it out. Oh, and House of Gold has been entertaining so far. Keep up the good work~~

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Last one I read was Perestroika by Gorbachev, but that was like 6 months ago almost.

I'm not going to count textbooks, manuals, or anything you are obligated to, and don't choose to read.
legit? Mein Kampf

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
The Fellowship: the Literary Lives of the Inklings by Philip and Carol zaleski

melchi

What is a custom title?
I think the Ken Williams memoir was the last non fiction book I read.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
legit? Mein Kampf
Unironically planning to read it at some point. Part of me really likes readings books by brutal autocrats and trying to understand their fucked up thoughts. Was planning on reading Xijinpings book next. I also have a first edition English version of mussolini’s autobiography that I have to get through at some point.

Zavian_

The prince by nicolla Machiavelli quite an interesting book I would say. I can recommend