Last non-fiction book you read.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
What's the last non fiction book you read? If you read any at all.

I don't read them very often. When I do it's mostly boring political books.

Last one I read was Perestroika by Gorbachev, but that was like 6 months ago almost.

I'm not going to count textbooks, manuals, or anything you are obligated to, and don't choose to read.
Das Kapital (Marx-Engels), and White Power (GLR)

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
Tuesday's with Morrie. I reread it every year and it never grows old. it's a truly amazing story.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
A short course in photography Digital an introduction to photographic technique - Barbara London, Jim Stone

It was yesterday for my course

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Unironically planning to read it at some point. Part of me really likes readings books by brutal autocrats and trying to understand their fucked up thoughts. Was planning on reading Xijinpings book next. I also have a first edition English version of mussolini’s autobiography that I have to get through at some point.
how was mussolini's? always meant to read it but my library banned it and after i graduated i just never looked it up

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
how was mussolini's? always meant to read it but my library banned it and after i graduated i just never looked it up
i haven’t gotten around to reading it yet, but I’ve heard it’s very self indulgent, basically him writing about how awesome he is.

Jesse.S.Pierce

I'm hopping between three non-fiction books right now.
- The Matter With Things: Our Brains, Our Delusions, and the Unmaking of the World by Iain McGilchrist (early vol.1)
- Decoding Jung's Metaphysics: The Archetypal Semantics of an Experiential Universe by Bernardo Kastrup (halfway)
- Art and Enchantment: How Wonder Works by Patrick Curry (recently finished)

phaeous

The Semanticist
Fossil Future: Why Global Human Flourishing Requires More— Oil, Coal & Natural Gas —Not Less

The knowledge system (researchers, synthesizers, disseminators) are rigged to produce a message everywhere on fossil fuels that doesn't reflect the true data recorded by scientists correctly (it exaggerates & catastrophizes the side-effects while ignoring the benefits) but rather in an objective full-context perspective the climate mastery benefits of using fossil fuels far outweighs the externalities.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
The last one I actually finished was "Kids: How Biology and Culture Shape the Way We Raise Our Children" by Meredith Small.

I read that one by choice because I read her book on babies in university and found it to be extremely helpful:

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
For real tho, I tried reading To Raise A Genius by Laszlo Polgar, the 2016 English translation by some Gordon guy. But didn't make it pass 30 pages, probably will try again in the future

YumekaWrites

Self-Reliance, a essay, by Ralph Waldo Emerson. For my Survey of American Literature to 1860 writing class. Though I have different experience and views, it was actually an interesting read, and more of non-fictional biographical essay of his experience and viewpoints.

(I didn't have to read it as I already wrote the assignment, for that I choose a fiction story, The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allen Poe, Just as a fan of Emerson when I was younger I chose to read it as well)

Daitengu

Non-manuals, and non-textbook, non-fiction books huh. Man... I'd say elementary school, 3rd grade. Was either about geology, sharks, or skeletons.

After that it was ALL fiction. school really did kill my curiosity huh.

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney

I’m in the military so I got at least one book pertaining to it. I got a few more that pertain to Ranger school and selection bs that’ll bore the mind