LoliGen: Age gap, loli, and even shota stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman

Introduction​

I have been planning my alternative label, LoliGen, for the past month, a label exclusively for my upcoming age gap romance and drama stories, centering around lolicon and shotacon. Now, if you are concerned about these types of stories, I don't blame you. It's mainly lewd and echi stuff, something that I am tired of seeing. However, I managed to find a few examples that take the subject matter seriously or are lighthearted takes on it. And that's all they were, just a few examples. I'm dying to read more stories like it but they don't seem to exists. I, being the content creator that I am, decided to give it a shot and create a lable exclusive for these kinds of story.

But why am I even creating this label in the first place? The simple answer, I'm a lolicon. The more complex answer that perhaps I'll explain some other time, I am attracted to minors myself. This is a really important fact to tell you because I know there are other lolicons that say they are not attracted to minors, but it all gets mixed up anyways by the uninitiated. This has lead to a lot of misconceptions about the topic and I wish to change that, even if its slightly.

This label will concentrate on age gaps of the loli/shota variety but I am willing to accept stories about adults that just so happen to have a wide age gap themselves. I want to write romantic stories, dramas, and even have some fun with some comedic takes on it. What I don't want to do is make echi stuff. There's enough of a surplus that my lack of a contribution will not hinder that at all. What I want to concentrate on is to make loli/shota more of a viable expression in a respectful and thought provoking manner. That is why I am writing these stories in a way that a general audience can actually read and enjoy. Yes, the target demographic are non-loli and non-shota. I really hope that I can convince them that these topics can be written in a way they may actually get enjoyment out of it and learn something more about the topic.

The brand will dabble in other mediums like comics and visual novels, but for the moment, I will be concentrating on webnovels as they are easier to create and I need to create a lot of content. To give the stories more appeal, I will also draw illustrations, hence this thread's existence. All of my loli/shota stuff for LoliGen will be posted here and my DA account for you guys to hopefully enjoy.

For the past month, I've been working on my very first story for this new label, "Reincarnated Medieval Lovers". A reincarnation story about a nobleman in his late 20's who fell in love with a peasant girl in her mid-teenage years. However, their class differences made this relationship unacceptable, leading to their execution. But they swore to meet in the next life and finally be together at last.

In the present day, college student Johan has been having these exact dreams. After posting this story online, a girl named Lucy responds claiming to have the same dreams and they both eagerly plan a meetup. There's only one problem: He's too early as he completely forgot about the age gap as his lover turns out to be a middle school girl. Add to this that he's a lolicon and she wants to pursue the relationship immediately, he's in for a bumpy ride.

The story is also going to contain illustrations and the past month has been predominately about getting the style right. I'm not an artist, I just know how to draw, so I have to come up with a style that can attract attention in some form. For now, I have their character profiles and will soon upload other pieces of art. High quality versions will soon be available in my DA account.

prv_johan.png

Johan (Johansen in the past)
Currently a college student, trying to get a degree in psychology. He's very courteous and loves wearing formal wear to the point where other students think he's a teacher. However, he doesn't have any friends due to an incident in High School, which was the time he himself discovered he was a lolicon. Someone found out and he ended up becoming a pariah in the school. That incident left him depressed and so scared of socializing that he decided to never make any friends again. He only has one person left to confine in, his friend Wendy. But of course, this changes when Lucy enters his life.

This being the inaugural story, I had to come up with the "ideal" character for this kind of story, but I had no idea what that could be. I decided to design the MC as a more upstanding character by giving him an affinity to nice suits, a very courteous demeanor, and a generally friendly but confounded look to emphasize his confusion about his attraction. The whole loneliness thing comes from my experience when I was in a group. I confided in someone about who I was and everyone ditched me. That hurt so much that I just got to work on this immediately to get my mind off of it. Scribble Hub also helped me out, so I'll give you my thanks. I truly feel like I can be myself here, but even then, that event had impacted me so much. I decided to reflect this in the story as a way to try to come to terms with it. Only time will tell.

prv_lucy.png

Lucy (Lucile in the past)
Middle school student who gets good grades and has earned the trust of the adults, though a lot of her peers thinks she's too much of a control freak. She does all this because she's not getting any love from her parents. They are currently getting a divorce and she overheard in a conversation that neither want to take custody of her. This has left her with a void in her heart that she just can't fill. That was until she read online about someone who had a dream of a medieval couple named Johan and Lucile, the same dreams she's also had. Eventually realizing that this could be the love she has been searching for, she request to meet Johan and hope that she can finally be loved by someone.

I decided to play it safe with the minor and go with an older girl, but not too old as I wanted her to be young enough to add the loli tag. I'm also keeping their ages ambiguous with only a few clues to it, so you can come to your own conclusions as to how old she really is.

Another thing I want to point out is that LoliGen is mainly aiming to concentrate on the major of the relationship. This story is mainly about Johan so I want to concentrate on him, so Lucy hasn't had much character development at this time. Of course, I'm going to write her POV as well and I feel that I will get a better idea of who she is when it comes to that. For now, I'm going to figure out who she is through the writing when the time comes.

prv_wendy.png

Wendy

Wendy is Johan's only friend. In fact, she is the one who found out about him being a lolicon. She tried to do the right thing by telling a teacher about it, but that turned out the worst thing because that lead to the secret coming out. She also had no choice but to choose between her friends (and everyone in the school for that matter) or Johan, and she chose the former. She eventually realized that she destroyed his reputation without hearing his side of the story. She went back to talk to him and that's when she learned of Johan's dreams about the medieval couple. She just so happens to be a fan of reincarnation as she does a lot of studies on the subject and convinced him that it was the reincarnation that made him interested in younger girls, perhaps. She eventually realizes that he wasn't a bad person she was led to believe, but her former friends would not hear of it. She had to choose again and this time, decides to stick with Johan. She is now his only support and will soon be the mediator between Johan's persistent insistence in avoiding pursuing a relationship with Lucy and Lucy's extreme desire to be in a relationship with Johan at this very moment no matter how much he protest.

The story was always suppose to include a confidant, someone Johan could turn to, and having someone be the one who keeps both in check was a plus. However, there's on aspect of her that needs to be mentioned: she is transgender. This may lead to some problems because this story doesn't necessarily need her to be as such. The reason why I chose to make her one is because I've been adverse to the LGBT community up until now. That incident before left me jaded about it as well, but I know that is the wrong mindset. It just leads to more hatred and ignorance. But another thing about that incident was that one of those people was trans. We were going to be working on a game together. It was going to be amazing! A transgender and a lolicon, joining forces... or something of that matter. Whatever you think, we were going to be team. Well, that never happened because she too ditched me like the rest. I still want that lolicon + transgender team up, so I decided that I would transfer that into my story. The problem is that there are aspects about trans people that I need to learn. I thought I was being considerate by adding a trans character, only to be proven inconsiderate for not knowing some nuances. This is the point I would reconsider the idea and no longer make her trans, but here's the weird thing: I got too attached to the character that it now feels wrong to change her. She's a fictional character for sure so I don't have to go along with it, but I got too attached to it. I really want to make her trans now, but I need help with that, so I'll be doing research and ask around on how to deal with this because I am truly set on keeping the character intact. Despite that, however, I am certain that I'll have to downplay it because it's not a really important to the story. It is, after all, about a lolicon and how he deals wit that, but it doesn't hurt the story either. It may even improve it in some way.

I spent a whole month trying to improve my artwork. These are all the attempts before reaching this point.

prv_results.png

That's it for now. More stuff to come in the future.

Last edited:

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Loli’s aren’t legal but the 1000 year old ones are. Still wrong tho

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Very touchy subject. I think lolis are safe up till the point of romantic interest. I mean even in real life any adult touching unrelated underaged people with romantic interest is at best a groomer, at worse a pedophile. Fiction is fiction but people may still judge and it might affect your views.

Some authors make the mc young, others do as you do to put the FMC to a teen stage but a prepubescent body (which is something I did for my novel as well, though already an adult/legal loli and not a FMC though). I am probably not making her a romantic interest as well. Another route is the "I don't really like lolis, but they are attaching to me" troupe which Beta MCs get ambushed by Alpha lolis, which is a weird Japanese thingy.

Having a title with Loli in it will dichotomize your viewers (those who won't click when they see the word and those who do), I would suggest a more subtle one so that you can at least bait everyone.

Just note I heard that some webnovel platforms do crack down on loli novels (I think web novel does). Scribble is relatively safe I think but if you plan on expanding you have to consider that too.

If you are talking about japan mangas, novels and XX material. Just note that the Japanese authors/artists are rather liberal...that is kindly speaking. I mean they do all kinds of weird shit.

TL;DR: May be a bit touchy and restrictive, but if you are confident. Go for it!

Last edited:

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Very touchy subject. I think lolis are safe up till the point of romantic interest. I mean even in real life any adult touching unrelated underaged people with romantic interest is at best a groomer, at worse a pedophile. Fiction is fiction but people may still judge and it might affect your views.

Some authors make the mc young, others do as you do to put the FMC to a teen stage but a prepubescent body (which is something I did for my novel as well, though already an adult/legal loli and not a FMC though). I am probably not making her a romantic interest as well. Another route is the "I don't really like lolis, but they are attaching to me" troupe which Beta MCs get ambushed by Alpha lolis, which is a weird Japanese thingy.

Having a title with Loli in it will dichotomize your viewers (those who won't click when they see the word and those who do), I would suggest a more subtle one so that you can at least bait everyone.

Just note I heard that some webnovel platforms do crack down on loli novels (I think web novel does). Scribble is relatively safe I think but if you plan on expanding you have to consider that too.

If you are talking about japan mangas, novels and XX material. Just note that the Japanese authors/artists are rather liberal...that is kindly speaking. I mean they do all kinds of weird shit.

TL;DR: May be a bit touchy and restrictive, but if you are confident. Go for it!
Just say that they are midgets and problem solved. :blobtaco:

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman

I'm aiming to take the subject matter seriously. I won't be doing the typical loli tropes associated with it because I feel that will diminish the message I'm trying to get to people, to spread awareness about the topic. Not to mention, I don't really know all the loli tropes, so it's best I just do my own thing and take caution with it.

I take it you are just concerned about this with your entire post. I want to at least attempt this, and at most, get people talking about it. That's my main gripe, that people don't want to talk about this. There's nothing for me to look into about this subject. There's no information at all anywhere about this topic. Not even academically. There was only one article I can find and even then, it was censored by the publisher. I truly feel like we need to get this out and start having a conversation about it because I, and many people like me, have no voice in this matter.

That is why the goal of LoliGen is to bring awareness to the topic, and just that. I don't want to have anything specific because then I'll be responsible for something I may not want to. This can also opens up all sorts of configuration for the label as well so that it's flexible enough to change something that is not working out or it's too alienating. It gives me enough flexibility to tell about the topic but not strict enough that I can't tone it down when people end up feeling apprehensive about it. I'm definitely paying attention to the concerns like this because yo, are my target demographic. I'll definitely get the loli and shota fans, but if I don't get an audience that also includes people like you, then the label is not achieving it's goal.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
I'm aiming to take the subject matter seriously. I won't be doing the typical loli tropes associated with it because I feel that will diminish the message I'm trying to get to people, to spread awareness about the topic. Not to mention, I don't really know all the loli tropes, so it's best I just do my own thing and take caution with it.

I take it you are just concerned about this with your entire post. I want to at least attempt this, and at most, get people talking about it. That's my main gripe, that people don't want to talk about this. There's nothing for me to look into about this subject. There's no information at all anywhere about this topic. Not even academically. There was only one article I can find and even then, it was censored by the publisher. I truly feel like we need to get this out and start having a conversation about it because I, and many people like me, have no voice in this matter.

That is why the goal of LoliGen is to bring awareness to the topic, and just that. I don't want to have anything specific because then I'll be responsible for something I may not want to. This can also opens up all sorts of configuration for the label as well so that it's flexible enough to change something that is not working out or it's too alienating. It gives me enough flexibility to tell about the topic but not strict enough that I can't tone it down when people end up feeling apprehensive about it. I'm definitely paying attention to the concerns like this because yo, are my target demographic. I'll definitely get the loli and shota fans, but if I don't get an audience that also includes people like you, then the label is not achieving it's goal.
I mean societal stigmas are strong. It is wonderful that you are tackling a difficult concept (which most people would have thought to and failed with reason). I am mainly saying first impressions would make this kind of difficult to go big unless there is something revolutionary inside that can overturn all sentiments. It won't be easy, possible though.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
You are right that I may have to change the name, but I want to experiment since this is brand new. I also need support first and if I'm not candid about it, I'm going to end up getting people angry about the subject matter just popping up out of nowhere. That's why I'm doing everything right now to make it apparent what this label is about, including advisory warnings, notify people about this on any about page, and anything else that will make it apparent what this is about. I may not get the non-loli/shota yet but I will get the loli/shota audience for sure, and that can at least give me the support I need in the beginning before I begin branching out.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I was 19 when I started dating a man 39 years older than me. He's my ex now, the only person no longer welcome in my life. I don't regret the experience, but I've had enough age gap for one lifetime. That was 2009-2014.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
Wow, that's quite a gap. I'm really planning on keeping the adults in their 20's for the most part and only go up to their 30's for a few ideas that I have. Twenty year age gap seems to be my limit for this and that's already stretching it.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
It's.... definitely a controversial subject, I'll give you that! I don't make it a point to judge lolicons or shotacons, personally. I know I'm not perfect myself, so yeah.

In Xianxia, a lot of us get away with a thousand year old age gap. If I remember right, Aragorn and Arwen from Lord of the Rings had such an age gap - Arwen's his great-great-great-great-great grandaunt or something. So they do happen in fiction.

The catch here is that age gaps are deemed more "acceptable" when the female or bottom (see: shou/uke) are the much older ones. Arwen (female) is hundreds of years older than Aragorn (male), for example, and Shen Qingqiu (the bottom) is Luo Binghe's (the top) shizun (shifu). Shang Qinghua (the bottom) is very much older than Mobei-Jun (the top), who was a teenager when they met. It was only after Mobei-Jun grew up that he pursued Shang Qinghua.

If the man/top is much older and the girl/bottom is much younger, it'll be easily perceived as 'predatory'. I think that's a problem a lot of lolicon connoisseurs face - it's not even about the lewdness but the predatory feel it has as baggage. It's a preconception of the topic that many people are going to have.

In your case, however, it might help to take one or two steps back when pushing the age gap thing. I'll be frank when I say this - I did notice you mentioning in a different thread I hadn't actually commented on your character, only drew a picture to alter the tie palette and style of the character. It's because I myself can't say much about the way you've written about him - you've written more about his age gap and lolicon tendencies than his personality, which... makes him less of a person, and more of a platform.

If you build a character around just these tendencies, it's going to lack dimension no matter what. A lot of people make soapboxes out of their works when pushing for agendas, whether personal or political, so yeah, my only take away here for you is to be careful about letting that happen to your work.

I'm sorry I hadn't pointed it out in my thread, but I didn't feel that was the place to do it. However, your label and branding is important to you, so I decided to take a gamble here and ditch my two cents into this pond. I'm not sure how much it'll help you, but good luck all the same!

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
Every feedback is valuable. Considering the very delicate nature of this topic, everyone's concerns are not going to deaf ears. I thank you for your input, LinXueLian. I am definitely taking notes to know how I should handle this topic.

I actually have noticed that a lot of age gap stories do prefer the woman to be the older one. It seems to be more acceptable as male lolicon gets a lot of heat, but not so much shotacon, if they are women that is. I will be making some shotacon stories, but lolicons are going to be mostly what I work with.

If the man/top is much older and the girl/bottom is much younger, it'll be easily perceived as 'predatory'. I think that's a problem a lot of lolicon connoisseurs face - it's not even about the lewdness but the predatory feel it has as baggage. It's a preconception of the topic that many people are going to have.

Yes, I'm starting to get an idea of how people feel this in their gut if so much a man has an inkling of being attracted to young girls. I really want to mitigate this. As you mentioned, this is not the case for a female major, or top as you mentioned, but I feel that's also a double standard. Either case, we'll see what I can do.

Also, interesting use of the terms top and bottom. I personally use major and minor, but that's more of something I made up as a way to address them because I didn't know if there were any other terms.

In your case, however, it might help to take one or two steps back when pushing the age gap thing. I'll be frank when I say this - I did notice you mentioning in a different thread I hadn't actually commented on your character, only drew a picture to alter the tie palette and style of the character. It's because I myself can't say much about the way you've written about him - you've written more about his age gap and lolicon tendencies than his personality, which... makes him less of a person, and more of a platform.

I guess I didn't do a good job at explaining his characterization in five sentences and just went with the important plot points. I guess I could've used more instructions about that.

I am currently fleshing out his personality right now as I am laying out the structure of the story. Once I get an idea of how the entire story plays out, I can flesh out his characterization much easier. I'm also going to downplay his attraction. I still need the reader to know who he is, but I figure as this is the first story for the label, I should play it as safe as possible. I'll definitely have his personality speak about him rather than his condition.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I actually have noticed that a lot of age gap stories do prefer the woman to be the older one. It seems to be more acceptable as male lolicon gets a lot of heat, but not so much shotacon, if they are women that is. I will be making some shotacon stories, but lolicons are going to be mostly what I work with.

Yes, I'm starting to get an idea of how people feel this in their gut if so much a man has an inkling of being attracted to young girls. I really want to mitigate this. As you mentioned, this is not the case for a female major, or top as you mentioned, but I feel that's also a double standard. Either case, we'll see what I can do.

If it helps, I think a lot of the feelings people have about them now are steep in history. I wouldn't outright call it a "double standard" were I you, really - women, young girls especially, have historically been married away as child brides or sold as slaves to very much older men and these are usually done without their consent, resulting in suicides, mental illness and abuse. The same cannot be said for shotacon or the existence of modern cougars, which is more of a recent thing since women have only been able to earn their own keep only recently and have the "power" to buy male affection in more modern times.

After all, it wasn't that long ago before we could even vote, go to schools, fight for our country, learn in higher institutions or even have jobs. Once upon a time, we women were treated like livestock, traded away no matter how young or old we were, without a voice. So yeah, as you're a man.... I'd personally advise you to be a little more delicate with the wording. You're going to rile some people up if you don't. I'm a lot more forgiving about a lot of things, but I know plenty of people who don't. You're already threading on thin ice as a lolicon... :sweating_profusely:

Also, interesting use of the terms top and bottom. I personally use major and minor, but that's more of something I made up as a way to address them because I didn't know if there were any other terms.
This article might help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top,_bottom_and_versatile (Be careful about Wikipedia not censoring their NSFW depictions)

I guess I didn't do a good job at explaining his characterization in five sentences and just went with the important plot points.
Hmmm. It's not a five sentence thing, imo. A number of people have actually done well in that thread. There's a huge difference between characterization, which is about personality, and plot, which is about the story. I imposed that rule because I only wanted to see characterizations. Your plots should ideally come in second in a character-based thread - when I ask - or added as a supplementary on the later end, either in one or two sentences.

Anyone complaining about how everything's ruined because of a five sentence limit.... I have some things to say about it, but it's not nice. Then again, I'm an extremely fussy reader/consumer and extremely difficult to catch the attention of and please, so I'll just leave it at that. You're the first I've actually taken a rip at, sorry. I don't usually make it a point to rip at things. In fact, I think I put a remark there stating that if anyone wanted any advice, they could ask. But nobody did. I only did so here because I read through your post very carefully and found that this label is important to you, and you seemed to be... having a few issues with its presentation.

I am currently fleshing out his personality right now as I am laying out the structure of the story. Once I get an idea of how the entire story plays out, I can flesh out his characterization much easier. I'm also going to downplay his attraction. I still need the reader to know who he is, but I figure as this is the first story for the label, I should play it as safe as possible. I'll definitely have his personality speak about him rather than his condition.
Mm yeah, you do that! I get the bit about planning, but it's perhaps also not too good of an idea to over-plan lest it overwhelms you and you lose your spark and fun. In turn, your works might start losing that intrinsic, organic feel and touch to them. A lot of stories I've followed start sounding robotic and I've had to drop them because they became much too plotted, much too much and much too fast, without any breathing space for either reader or writer. Their characters stop "breathing" and being "people". It's the real downfall of a lot of writers, and not a lot of readers can or will tell writers these things.

Fleshing out characters aren't goals, you see - they're a thing we fall in love with and can't help, sometimes. As you're writing about the helplessness of falling for someone much younger/older despite societal norms, it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to helplessly fall in love with your process, right?

In my opinion you don't need to downplay his attraction... but you need to let him "live" too - in a world that's past what he's supposed to do for your story, past the messages you want to share through him. He's important to you. You might want to fall in love with him so that your target audience, too, can do the same.

I already sort of like his preppy style....... minus the necktie. It's just.... missing the rest - and what a pity, because you are bringing something very different to the table, and very bravely at that. Your direction is very alternative and a completely new take, after all. It's caught my serious attention, and that is saying a LOT, considering how flippant I usually am.

Last edited:

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I'm going to apologize for the double-standard statement. You should know that a person such as myself has quite a bit of angst about this, but I always aim to be as neutral as possible lest I say something I regret, like that. That bit was probably some of that anxiety that slipped by that I normally edit out and replace. I understand completely what you mean and that is why I'm always careful with my words. I do apologize, if only I had noticed it before, I would not have added it for certain.

As for the 5 sentence limit, I guess I'm not good with making character profiles as I don't do them often, and thought that people prefer to read the important plot points. I always believe that people don't care about the characters themselves until they get to know them through the story. I guess that's the wrong mindset, in a way? I think I'll look up how to write a character profile properly.

I do think about the characters a lot, however. I always think about what the situations are, how they handle them, how they should be handled, what kind of interactions they have, etc. As for pre-planning it, I need to see the whole picture in order to better understand the characters. I need to see how the whole thing plays out before I can truly see the character for who they really are. It's when I have a foundation, that's when I feel like the character can truly flourish and be explored. That's just how I work, I guess. In either case, I do need people to see Johan as a character in his own right for the message to get across, so your points are valid enough to put into consideration.

All of this is a learning experience, so I'm glad for all the tips.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I'm going to apologize for the double-standard statement. You should know that a person such as myself has quite a bit of angst about this, but I always aim to be as neutral as possible lest I say something I regret, like that. That bit was probably some of that anxiety that slipped by that I normally edit out and replace. I understand completely what you mean and that is why I'm always careful with my words. I do apologize, if only I had noticed it before, I would not have added it for certain.
Ayyy don't worry about it. I kinda get it, so I'm not mad. :blob_melt: I was just pointing it out because it can offend certain parties. Like you said, it's a learning curve, but it's better to know than not to know, right?

At any rate, things like these usually need historical research. It's not a bad idea to look up the history of pedophilia, child trafficking or child brides if you're tackling such a sensitive subject.

No matter who we are or what stance we choose to take in life, we can't keep ourselves in a little jar and hide ourselves from things of the past. It won't be pleasant for you considering you already have anxiety over it, but it would probably be better for you to do research and know about it than randomly create characters, post your story and have that lack of research and knowledge get you into hot soup in the future.

After all, you're looking to trail-blaze. It takes a lot of sacrifice and discomfort to do so. Somebody posted here to point out that perhaps others have also already tried and failed. You need to be very, very sure you can do this.

As for the 5 sentence limit, I guess I'm not good with making character profiles as I don't do them often, and thought that people prefer to read the important plot points. I always believe that people don't care about the characters themselves until they get to know them through the story. I guess that's the wrong mindset, in a way? I think I'll look up how to write a character profile properly.
You're not alone. A lot of writers have difficulties writing characters or making them relatable, at any rate. Character history is one of the subjects in character profiling, but it's not the core thing that defines a character and makes him or her stand out to a reader or consumer - personality does, first and foremost.

A lot of readers do look for personalities to identify with or vibe with on the get-go, then delve into the premise of the story as it develops these characters, or explain how they've become a certain way. It's a bit hard to explain, but that's what I tend to do as a reader, and I have had discussions with other readers before. You can also get some insight from fan-made articles about characters they like. They're very articulate and careful with their dissection. There's inclusion of character history, but it's not the whole thing.

Aaaand oh yeah, here's the other thing I did want to ask about lolicons and their stance on romance but didn't find the opportunity to....

Romance - love - is a thing that transcends time. One of the other problems people might have with lolicons is their obsession with age (which is time-dependent).

Say a lolicon falls in love with a very young girl and she reciprocates....

What if she grows up past that age and her appearance starts to change?

Would he stop loving her? Would he throw her away? What will happen to their relationship after his attraction to her youth wanes? After all, a girl grows up into a woman, and into an old woman.

If he stops loving her for it and they split because of that.... that's in the territory of child grooming - a form of exploitation.

It's likely also why lolicon is branded a fetish - there's a preconception that there's no love past a certain age or appearance. "Loli baba" gets a lot of flak precisely for that matter - it keeps a female character from aging, the main focus driven around how young she eternally looks.

These are very, very difficult questions to answer, I know. But stories don't just stop there, and you miiiiight want to tackle it.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
After all, you're looking to trail-blaze. It takes a lot of sacrifice and discomfort to do so. Somebody posted here to point out that perhaps others have also already tried and failed. You need to be very, very sure you can do this.

That was nicely put. It's actually inspirational. I was going to do research on the psychological aspects of this but I'll have to tackle what you mentioned as well.

Aaaand oh yeah, here's the other thing I did want to ask about lolicons and their stance on romance but didn't find the opportunity to....

Romance - love - is a thing that transcends time. One of the other problems people might have with lolicons is their obsession with age (which is time-dependent).

Say a lolicon falls in love with a very young girl and she reciprocates....

What if she grows up past that age and her appearance starts to change?

Would he stop loving her? Would he throw her away? What will happen to their relationship after his attraction to her youth wanes? After all, a girl grows up into a woman, and into an old woman.

If he stops loving her for it and they split because of that.... that's in the territory of child grooming - a form of exploitation.

That's one of many, many topics I want to cover. I actually have a notepad full of ideas, tackling so many aspects of attraction to minors. Some have a more positive message of understanding one self and knowing full well that this kind of relationship is volatile with the story figuring out how to cope with it. Later down the line, I want to tackle subjects that are negative as well, about those who decide to proceed with such a relationship. Though I'll save the latter for much, much later as I need far more time and experience before I can tackle them in the realm of fiction. After all, the label has barely begun and it's already controversial. :sweating_profusely:

I thank you so much for giving much of your input. This helps me out so much, but yes, this is a perilous journey, but I feel like I've spent years for this very moment. It's time to finally face it head on.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
After all, the label has barely begun and it's already controversial.
Mmm yeah, it is, because you're addressing not just a societal issue but what most perceive as a mental issue as well.... these two combined are not very easy things to talk about, much less write about as a form of entertainment.

Most people would probably really rather remove your label on the get-go, but I think, from my very neutral standpoint......... that everyone who's not outright breaking the law or doing bad things to real people should be allowed to make whatever label they want. I won't support your preferences - attraction to minors is definitely against even my own startlingly loose set of morals - but I do support your right to express yourself and be heard. You seem to know where to draw the line and keep these impulses within the realm of fiction and not actually go after an actual minor, which is to me the most important thing here.

I thank you so much for giving much of your input. This helps me out so much, but yes, this is a perilous journey, but I feel like I've spent years for this very moment. It's time to finally face it head on.
No problem. A lot of this is useful data to me too, and a very unique experience all in all. Not a lot of people dare divulge information like that so openly. I enjoy learning about different types of people, so the more types I encounter and have conversations with, the better. It beats just reading articles, no lie!

Still, if you haven't yet and you're ever up to it or feel you do need to talk to someone about your attraction to minors, I'd highly recommend seeing a good therapist with trustworthy, professional background. Two of my relatives are mental health workers and I dare vouch that many practices would have a very safe and professional way of handling things - it's a mental health worker's job and oath to help you resolve your issues or cope with them. It's a lot safer and better than hunting blindly on the internet and having some of the more undesirable things colour you by accident. The internet is great for info but.... yeah. Better safe than sorry!

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I just spent the last few days writing the rough drafts for the first act of my upcoming age gap at forty-one chapters. If I upload it every weekday and keep weekends off, then it should last me a month and a half. I'm about to move back to my old place as I've been living in a temporary place for 3 months, and my time here is up. So once I settle back in my old place, I'll revise the drafts and plan out my schedule.

During this time, I've been getting feedback on both the story and the themes and... oh boy. This topic is so sensitive, people are just so afraid of it. There's so much concern about its themes, so much misunderstanding from the topic itself that it's a real eye opener. I got a steep hill to climb for sure. But I believe in the power of fiction. Despite its controversial nature, as long as I write a good story, I feel like I can reach the intended audience.

But that doesn't seem to be enough. It appears that I have to tone down Johan's sexuality. Readers insist I remove it, which defeats the purpose of the story, so I compromised and pushed that issue much later in the end of the second act. Up to that point it will allude to it but not necessarily mention it. The topic won't immediately offend them, the story is hopefully good enough that they will stay, and the topic will appear much later when readers are invested. And yeah, I'm sure many will leave at that point, but since this is the first story of the label, I'm willing to experiment and see what people want and don't want from such a topic. Since the story is setting a precedent, I feel like I'll be able to gauge a reader enough to know which stories can be promoted and which are designated to the fans who can handle much more mature themes.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what people think about this story.

Before I was writing, I kept drawing to get a good idea about the characters and to get ideas about promos. I'm not an artist, I just know how to draw but I hope someday the label gets enough support to be able to afford an artist and get some really nice art for it.

Here are some selective pieces of art I drew.

As the header says, this is artwork that I drew a few months ago.
conc_sketch_1.png
This image is more or less a height comparison, and I tend to forget this exists. I should consult it a lot more because I keep varying their heights.

conc_sketch_2.png

conc_sketch_3.png
Random pics of our ML and FL, just to get a feel for how they would interact with each other.

conc_sketch_4.png

My first, and bad, attempt at drawing a kiss. I got a lot of practicing to do.

johan_facing_left3.png

A profile reference for Johan, but also to test out the outline style I want to use for the illustrations within the story. Illustrations don't actually help increase readership, but my hope is that it will let readers know that I am serious about the story, and it's a nice little bonus to the few who will appreciate.
lucy_paint.png
A poor attempt at making a "realistic" version of Lucy. I got this far and decided to paint it. After I added the blobs of paint, I started by trying to add the eyelashes. Realistic eye lashes. I immediately quit after that and will just stick with the more simple style.

promo_0.png
This picture was to show the contrast between Johan's attire of choice and Wendy's. Wendy is suppose to look more casual than Johan, but also a bit gaudy. The intend of Wendy's design was to make her a hipster. I should look this up a bit more.

promo_1b.png

The forbidden hand holding that I dare to draw!

promo_2.png

This is for nothing in particular. Just drew this for my own enjoyment.
promo_3.png

This was suppose to be the potential cover art, but I didn't like it. I still don't know what to do about the book cover.
promo_4b.png
Arm holding! Scandalous!

promo_5.png

Another attempt at a kiss. Yup, more practice is needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.