Looking for an Artist.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Artistic ability is not particularly displayed well in manga format. At least not when the focus is on storytelling. Manga pages will in most cases have simplified art style. Ofc they can be artistically awesome, but then it will take longer…
To add to this, most manga you see AREN'T one-man armies. There's background artists, assistants, editors, and that's in the case of ADAPTING light novels that ALREADY have some character design to work with on the covers/illustrations. Those mangas you see updated weekly/monthly? Yeah, those aren't as easy as they're shown to be. Forget playing your favourite games or even having a call with your ma. Look up the weekly work schedules for these manga artists and you can easily see why most of them fall sick, have back pain, or straight-up die before the age of 60. Hell, one just had a painful passing (Kentaro Miura) at the age of 54 back in May. You can count the hours of their sleep per day with one hand and a missing finger.

And that's discussing productivity ALONE. We haven't discussed concepts, tonality, the suitability of the art style for the story told (imagine Clamp adapting Chainsaw Man; though that'll be fun to see), and much more. Some artists just straight up co-opt as the author so they could easily translate everything into art since they're the ones with the idea anyway.

At best, in your current level of craft, you can commission an illustration for every 20 chapters or so, or take the ONE approach and just draw that fucken manga right then and there.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Also I draw as well...And I'm the type of artist who can draw really well.
Isn’t it better to look for a co artist then? :blob_frown:
like you make the storyboard and the other person draws it? Then the pay and probability to make a manga will rise imo.
There are also artists you can commission for manga pages

QueenMommy

Isn’t it better to look for a co artist then? :blob_frown:
like you make the storyboard and the other person draws it? Then the pay and probability to make a manga will rise imo.
There are also artists you can commission for manga pages
Um didn't read the threads at all did you?. I draw well but I know nothing of manga or anime. I know the process sure, but I don't know positioning of bubbles, how to portray shadows or expressions. If I did, I'd probably just do this myself. Basically whoever I hire gets full control of the manga's overall look.

But like I said I already found someone willing to draw for me, also they happen to want to do it for free. Like I said before I will still pay them for their hard work anyways.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Um didn't read the threads at all did you?. I draw well but I know nothing of manga or anime. I know the process sure, but I don't know positioning of bubbles, how to portray shadows or expressions. If I did, I'd probably just do this myself. Basically whoever I hire gets full control of the manga's overall look.

But like I said I already found someone willing to draw for me, also they happen to want to do it for free. Like I said before I will still pay them for their hard work anyways.
I read the thread. But you don’t need to know that much to make a basic storyboard with basic instructions and stick figures to convey what the focus is. E.g.:
panel 1: MC is looking out the window and calling their friend while looking sad
Panel 2: MC does …

The hardest and MOST time consuming is to summarize a novel into comic format without confusing the reader. As the author giving exactly this information should be the first step to attract an artist.

QueenMommy

I read the thread. But you don’t need to know that much to make a basic storyboard with basic instructions and stick figures to convey what the focus is. E.g.:
panel 1: MC is looking out the window and calling their friend while looking sad
Panel 2: MC does …

The hardest and MOST time consuming is to summarize a novel into comic format without confusing the reader. As the author giving exactly this information should be the first step to attract an artist.
hm I see. Makes sense.