Mirror Mirror. . . I forgot

chat_bot

I searched for an active webnovel hosting site to mirror my own garbage and gamble my luck. One of the results mentioned this site. I promptly made an account just to realize I have made an account here one year prior. The cherry on top is my two first chapters are already published here 🙃. So, here I am (hello).

How do you people keep tabs on your mirrors? Do you think mirroring to other sites worth it? What kind of series thrive here and what kind of series don't really do well? What is the unwritten rules and etiquette I should know (yes, I have read the general forum rules)? I'd like to hear some opinions and guide as I'm practically new. Thank you very much.

Agentt

Thighs
1.*sweats*
2. Mirroring to other sites is worth it
3. Different sites have different standards, here smuts so well, webnovel has teen romance, rr has fantasy, tapas has light fluffy or generic action.
4. Every person you see here is lewd as hell

Echimera

1.*sweats*
2. Mirroring to other sites is worth it
3. Different sites have different standards, here smuts so well, webnovel has teen romance, rr has fantasy, tapas has light fluffy or generic action.
4. Every person you see here is lewd as hell
Speak for yourself. I, sir, am a gentleman.
I fail to soo the contradiction.

chat_bot

Thank you all for answering.
From normal to deviantArt level, how lewd people are here?

Are majority of the series contains sexual NSFW theme?

Echimera

deviantArt is your high bar on lewdness? How did you grow up this sheltered?

I don't think it's a majority of the series, but I could be wrong. The vast majority that do should be properly tagged, so it should be hard to stumble into them unprepared.

chat_bot

deviantArt is your high bar on lewdness? How did you grow up this sheltered?

I don't think it's a majority of the series, but I could be wrong. The vast majority that do should be properly tagged, so it should be hard to stumble into them unprepared.
(Oh, I can reply. Surprise.)

I actually don't care about stumbling upon weird shit (and probably won't). Just how tight the censorship is here? I meant changing the cover of your series needs approval.
Also is it just me or the spacing is kind of shit.
I do everything on mobile so I cannot shift+enter

Herz

I think that harem, smut, and yuri are the most popular stuff here. I don't know how tight the censorship is because I don't really read smut here. I prefer AO3 for lewd works. But I am pretty sure you can freely write kinky sex scenes, and no one will point the finger at your face.

Jemini

The thing about smut on this site is that it does not receive the free advertisement to Novelupdates. (BTW: One advantage of posting here is that for every new chapter you post you are more or less guranteed 10 minutes of free advertisement on Novelupdates so long as you fulfil 2 conditions. 1. Your series has a cover, 2. Your series contains no Smut.)

Despite that little bit of a disadvantage, Smut still seems to do well. Especially if the lewdness the reader is to expect is spelled out in the title.

Agentt

Thighs
Thank you all for answering.
From normal to deviantArt level, how lewd people are here?

The lewd level is very low, low enough that no one will get aroused.
Nsfw is a weird thing to say if W means woman, because they too are perverts here.
So I'll assume you meant work,
In which case...
I mean....
Just a panty shot is also enough to fire you from work, right?
Oh my god, I should make a thread about how this doesn't make sense.

Anyways, you do you

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
The lewd level is very low, low enough that no one will get aroused.
If you're talking generally, yeah, at least from what I've seen so far. I think they're are probably a few with very high lewd levels, that or I'm mixing it up with NU. I tend to do that a lot more nowadays.
Nsfw is a weird thing to say if W means woman, because they too are perverts here.
*sweats nervously* Ahaha, whaat...(notice how I'm not denying anything)

skillet

a frying pan
people do joke around here a lot that it's basically all smut and stuff, but tbh there are many sfw works that do well here too! You'll find mainly light novel-originated genres like litrpg, reincarnation, isekai, that sort of stuff, usually coupled with being 18+. and as for censorship, check here for the specifics: https://www.scribblehub.com/content-guidelines/

D

Deleted member 54065

Hello!
Maids.jpg

vzymmer

*sweats*
that stands for...notoriously tame and relaxed deity. Cuz I'm so harmless and chill. Yeah. Yeah, that's it.
I thought it stands for V V V

No Tail Rodent
No Traffic Roads
Never Try Rolling
Naive Turtle Rider
No Trail Racer
New To Reality
Nervous Truck Reincarnator

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yes, we love out smut here!
Did I mention I got banned from Wattpad?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
No, not even close. There is a fair number of popular NSFW stories, but the majority of the popular stories are still the more "normal" stuff.
I actually don't care about stumbling upon weird shit (and probably won't). Just how tight the censorship is here? I meant changing the cover of your series needs approval.
Pretty light. There are some rules you can't break in the content policies, but none of it is particularly egregious.

The cover needing approval is for advertiser's needs, most likely. Tony can't have explicitly lewd stuff in his front page if he wants to stay with his current ad company.
How do you people keep tabs on your mirrors?
It's not too hard for as long as you don't mirror on too many sites. Like... 2-3 sites is easy to remember from the top of your head.
Do you think mirroring to other sites worth it?
If you want to earn from your writing? Sure.

Otherwise? Not worth the bother.