Multi headed problem

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
This is for my monster lovers that either written this or in the process of writing this, but what do you do in terms of gender for a muti headed character?

Let's be on the concept that each head is a different person all together no matter of they reside on a tail or shoulders, my sorta problem was how was I supposed to approach a character with conflicting gender identies, but are forced to share a single body for their entire life span.

I mean it's not a torture that someone like me can do in any capacity, but it is something that I've wondered about

Dudealien

Pepsiman is my stand
This is for my monster lovers that either written this or in the process of writing this, but what do you do in terms of gender for a muti headed character?

Let's be on the concept that each head is a different person all together no matter of they reside on a tail or shoulders, my sorta problem was how was I supposed to approach a character with conflicting gender identies, but are forced to share a single body for their entire life span.

I mean it's not a torture that someone like me can do in any capacity, but it is something that I've wondered about
If each head has their own brain, just have each head have it’s own unique personality. If they all share one main brain or apparatus that controls all their basic functions, just do whatever.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
In the end, regardless of what that head is thinking, they have to get used to the fact that reality is often disappointing.

What are they going to do? Seek a doctor and cut themselves off the body that they don't want and move it to a new body?

In the first place, conflicts should rarely occur, especially when the situation is fixed; in this case multiheads one body. One of the head will have to be elected the boss and the rest can go suck thumb. If the main head has a problem, the rest can suck it up. If the sub head has a problem... well he/ she/ it/ they can go and suck it up.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
The way I got around with the multi-headed conundrum is by letting the heads be of the same identity. It's a crapshoot of a solution, but it helps simplify stuff. Plus, it lends to another aspect of diversification, in that I explain though the heads share the same personality, each head would depict a different aspect of said personality i.e three heads might make the same decision, but each will present it in varying different manners. One might explain their decision patiently while the other just states it with impunity and no tacit. Pic related

Joker88

use real conjoined twins as inspiration like those two
In the end, regardless of what that head is thinking, they have to get used to the fact that reality is often disappointing.

What are they going to do? Seek a doctor and cut themselves off the body that they don't want and move it to a new body?

In the first place, conflicts should rarely occur, especially when the situation is fixed; in this case multiheads one body. One of the head will have to be elected the boss and the rest can go suck thumb. If the main head has a problem, the rest can suck it up. If the sub head has a problem... well he/ she/ it/ they can go and suck it up.
Not really if we use the example above it is more of a symbiotic relationship since if the said monster has a typical nervous system where each side controls a part of the body then there is no "boss head" instead each side needs to work with other or they will be dysfunctional which will be hard for example Carmen and Lupita needed 17 years to get the hang on walking.

in that case, the head itself might wear accessories of that gender maybe?
or maybe the heads will agree to gender-neutral wear with more girly-manly accessories depending on the head.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
use real conjoined twins as inspiration like those two

Not really if we use the example above it is more of a symbiotic relationship since if the said monster has a typical nervous system where each side controls a part of the body then there is no "boss head" instead each side needs to work with other or they will be dysfunctional which will be hard for example Carmen and Lupita needed 17 years to get the hang on walking.

in that case, the head itself might wear accessories of that gender maybe?
or maybe the heads will agree to gender-neutral wear with more girly-manly accessories depending on the head.
So mutual compromises need to be made because mutual assured destruction is certain when even one head fails to comply? Then it will be a massive crapshoot when multiple voices need to unite in order to even move the body and dissonance is strictly forbidden solely because of that.

Teamwork and team building are heavily required and communication is the key for their survival.

I feel like I am typing on how to operate a democratic party and within it are a bunch of misfits that will learn the meaning of compromise, acceptance and love. Now I feel like I am writing a standard teenage adventure featuring angst, friendship and growth.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Being multiheaded (and not single minded) is a nightmare on its own. I wouldn't write that.

Still, if you want to do it, it's best to approach it on an individual basis. A wild chimera won't have the luxury of worrying about it, but you could still manage something strange like the snake tail giving sassy pointers to the adventurers that got sent to slay its unintelligent main body.

On the other hand, a multiheaded civilization might have customs specifically for this circumstance. Maybe brutal, maybe supportive. In that case it would depend on their world building.

If it's a one-of-a-kind monster, then it would be dependent on its personality. Maybe one of the heads is abusive and has a way to punish the others for doing things it doesn't like. Maybe it goes out of its way to help them instead. Maybe they are equal to each other, and they need to compromise on when they can act in one head's favor. Failure to do so might be forgiven, or it might be punished by not letting the others do what they want.

I guess its worth noting that if you're going to have multiple heads with multiple personalities, giving each head a distinct personality is a great idea. I'm kinda surprised this hasn't come up sooner, really.

Templary

DI would say it's a similar problem to having multiple bodies but one mind, like the shadow clone jutsu, how does it actually work? Everything is just a mind that controls everything or we are copies of the mind of the first, they are aware that it is going to disappear, it is a deep topic