My story' is pirated

Hathnuz

bruh, I have just looking my story' in google search by joke and found that there is a web that pirated (steal) my story.

It didn't even just share SH link. And copy all that I was written on their own web link.

What should I do to prevent that?

Some how I felt... A bit annoyed cuz they do that without my permission Z.z

Or should I just let it be?

Cuz they are still respect me as an author by putting my nickname on the novel info?

Well, I known that my story' was just a so so, but still...

Pls, Lemme know your oppinion through the commment
Go on hiatus once or twice. They can't pirate your story if you don't update it.

MisterSyafiq

YOU ARE A PIRATE!
You lost a "D" on the last word of the sentence 🤣🤣🤣
1. My condolences, it must feel pretty irking to have your hard work, not just distributed without your knowledge, but taken.

2. [High-five] Congratulations, this means you're on your way up.
1. Ikr, I did hate it at first sight.
2. Thanks mate, a positive way of thinking is always be need hehehe

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I just checked out of curiosity and found mine on honoku.com. It seems to have more views there too like WTF. Doesn't seem like a lot I can do about it.

MisterSyafiq

I just checked out of curiosity and found mine on honoku.com. It seems to have more views there too like WTF. Doesn't seem like a lot I can do about it.
I felt it was the same web that pirated my deleted story lmao xD.
Congratulations mate!!!
Your story' is worth enough to be stolen.
Welcome to Internet mwhehe!

MisterSyafiq

Hahaha, I'm trying something - basically added a chapter and will check what happens with it.
Basically, I updated my novel with a few words, but in daily.
Ya know? Some pirated web had copying them almost all chapter but last one xD.
Well, have fun with your experiment!

MisterSyafiq

If you’re not monetizing it, then I don’t see the problem. I think it’s a good thing, even. You’ve got a free advertisement!
I do love how many people have this kind of positive aura xD. Hahaha, yeah! Thanks mate! XD

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I put 'So, I haven't given my permission for this to be shared across other sites. You can read the book on ScribbleHub or Royal Road or Neopload and Wattpad. If you're reading it on honoku.com, it's been stolen. This material is copyrighted.'
I put that on RR and SH versions - wattpad and neopload will be updated as normal, then hopefully I'll be able to tell where they're getting the works from and just mess with the ones on that site until they get bored. <---amended. Click on your chapter links and they just redirect to SH

it's not a problem in terms of me not getting any money - just as long as they aren't either!!! But it seems it's all fine and not to worry :s_smile:

This thread was on here recently: Honoku? | Scribble Hub Forum

Last edited:

MisterSyafiq

After reading your thread, I got curious and checked my story out. Holy shit! I think mine is pirated as well! lol

Seems like we both got free advertisements. Cheers! 🍻
Cheers mate! 🍻 Welcome to the groub 🤣
I put 'So, I haven't given my permission for this to be shared across other sites. You can read the book on ScribbleHub or Royal Road or Neopload and Wattpad. If you're reading it on honoku.com, it's been stolen. This material is copyrighted.'
I put that on RR and SH versions - wattpad and neopload will be updated as normal, then hopefully I'll be able to tell where they're getting the works from and just mess with the ones on that site until they get bored. <---amended. Click on your chapter links and they just redirect to SH

it's not a problem in terms of me not getting any money - just as long as they aren't either!!! But it seems it's all fine and not to worry :s_smile:

This thread was on here recently: Honoku? | Scribble Hub Forum
Tp be hones mate, honoku is the kind one, it don't do plagiarism. It just share your SH link like NU. Klick it your self mate. Congrats!!! Your novel had freely been promoter heheh!
so, I think you should be Thankfull to honoku instead.
but there was even more cruel web that just copy your SH story', not the link, and placed them to their own Web. This kind of web didn't redirect the reader to your SH, so pretty much stealing your SH reader.

Last edited:

ZombieHat

bruh, I have just looking my story' in google search by joke and found that there is a web that pirated (steal) my story.

It didn't even just share SH link. And copy all that I was written on their own web link.

Cuz they are still respect me as an author by putting my nickname on the novel info?

Unfortunately, this seems to happen a lot. Not much you can do about it though.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Welcome to the club! Most of the time though you can contact the site itself with proof that it's not your story such as a link to your original work as well as a link to the pirated version and they usually take it down. Only had one site that I couldn't contact but the pirated version had links to my page and my name on it so I didn't mind.

MisterSyafiq

Welcome to the club! Most of the time though you can contact the site itself with proof that it's not your story such as a link to your original work as well as a link to the pirated version and they usually take it down. Only had one site that I couldn't contact but the pirated version had links to my page and my name on it so I didn't mind.
Ya can see at https://novel35.com/support-user
Well, yes, there was my name, but there is no SH link, they just copy it to their web xD.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

It's up to you what you want to do with the issue. But if you want to take actions, you can study up on DMCA law. As the holder of the copyright, you have the right to evoke the law in order to get the website to remove your story. Do understand though, that you need to be very concise and factual. If you're fighting for your copyrighted materials to be taken down, you must first be able to prove that it's you who owns the copyright.

If you post on Webnovel, the chinese website, this may not be the case. As you lend your copyright to them and therefore, they can do whatever they want with your story for as long as your story is on their site. But if you remove it and repost it elsewhere, then you lose the evidence of your copyright and gave it up to Webnovel, where you posted it first or is the place where the piracy was committed.

You also must not lie. Lying when filing for DMCA is akin to perjury.