My thoughts on AC Shadows after seeing the trailer.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Truly, I want to see if Mitsuhide Akechi is still alive at this point but its also possible that he's already dead.

Or if i can have allies besides Yasuke like Hanzo, Tadakatsu or even Toshiie or Keiji.
:blob_aww: I wanna see my romance options while I hack and slash some enemies! Some of them are cute, others end in death and some are meh. Last few games they lacked so badly! :blob_ninja:

Though, it be good to have many historical figures as allies/enemies. :blob_evil: Last AC I couldn't finish due to it losing my interest in enemies.

And isn't Yasuke the male MC option or is he an ally if you pick the female version of MC?:blob_blank:

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
It was, Eh.

Not mightily impressed by it, but again, I haven't followed AC since Blackflag.

But I rather Yasuke as an NPC. Some kind of boss or mini-boss or something. I think he was trained in combat in either India or somewhere else, so he can act as a bodyguard miniboss with an irregular fight pattern that is completely different from Eastern/Japanese martial art

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I feel like this is a political topic and should be reported.

The issue isn’t that Yasuke is black or whether he existed or not. The issue is Ubisoft is saying “he is a real samurai” and is paying a bunch of journalists to push that narrative. (There is no document that shows he had an attendant or even that his skin was scrubbed, there is literally almost nothing about him except they were amused at his skin color, so he wasn’t even a retainer, most Japanese people don’t even know he existed).

This is revisionist history in the form of a game.

This is also a reflection of the real world where Asians get beaten up by blacks who rob them.

And this is also hypocritical in that they claim DEI but will never be inclusive of Asian Males. Only Asian females.
——

If they didn’t try to push the DEI, people probably wouldn’t care and just see it as Nioh, or even Afro samurai which most people liked.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
The issue isn’t that Yasuke is black or whether he existed or not. The issue is Ubisoft is saying “he is a real samurai” and is paying a bunch of journalists to push that narrative. (There is no document that shows he had an attendant or even that his skin was scrubbed, there is literally almost nothing about him except they were amused at his skin color, so he wasn’t even a retainer, most Japanese people don’t even know he existed).
You're the only one pushing the political narrative here 🤣. I only stated that the setting is between Tokugawa and Toyotomi's feud during the Unification wars of Japan.

Of course, how would most Japanese even know who the heck he is when he disappeared after Nobunaga died in Honnoji temple.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
You're the only one pushing the political narrative here 🤣. I only stated that the setting is between Tokugawa and Toyotomi's feud during the Unification wars of Japan.

Of course, how would most Japanese even know who the heck he is when he disappeared after Nobunaga died in Honnoji temple.
I’m really sensitive when it comes to this. Please don’t offend me.

Enkiari

I’m really sensitive when it comes to this. Please don’t offend me.
What am I reading here?
We can't express our opinions because you can get offended. Makes sense.
Oh, wait, it doesn't.
This is extremely selfish and demands others to conform to your standards.
I don't think you should be posting at all, if you are so 'impacted' by other people speaking out their thoughts.

SailusGebel

What am I reading here?
We can't express our opinions because you can get offended. Makes sense.
Oh, wait, it doesn't.
This is extremely selfish and demands others to conform to your standards.
I don't think you should be posting at all, if you are so 'impacted' by other people speaking out their thoughts.
I assume it was a personal request to an acquaintance, not a demand to literally everyone on this forum.

Enkiari

I assume it was a personal request to an acquaintance, not a demand to literally everyone on this forum.
You are giving them too much credit.
They came here with fighting words, making politically motivated statements.
Then the OP replied there was nothing political about the thread.
Which is when the person acted entitled and demanded to not be offended by 'opinions'.

This is a public forum.
This person is unhinged.

Enkiari

I know anon, I know Ellie, I know anon knows Ellie.
Does that excuse their behaviour?
I feel it doesn't.
Well, I am the stranger here.
But as I stated, this is a public forum.
And anon was the one who made the thread political - then demanded others to not engage with them.

They even stated that this thread should be reported.
If anyone should be reported it is 'Anon'.

SailusGebel

Does that excuse their behaviour?
I feel it doesn't.
Well, I am the stranger here.
But as I stated, this is a public forum.
And anon was the one who made the thread political - then demanded others to not engage with them.

They even stated that this thread should be reported.
If anyone should be reported it is 'Anon'.
My point was, it was a personal request. I did not state my opinion on anythings else. It is a public forum, anon is sensitive about this topic, Ellie's OP wasn't political, but the thread itself quickly become political. Should anon be reported? Only with anyone who mentioned twitter hate, and similar stuff.