Name a weakness in your novel

Zagaroth

The biggest weakness of mine is the beginning. I really wanted to get the ball rolling and used my setup to get my three MCs into a marriage of convenience. In the end, it *works*, the trio does have chemistry and things are working there the way I wanted it to. But I am now more confident that if I took the same setup and took out the romance/marriage aspects while keeping the rest of the connection, the three work out to have roughly the same relationship.

I can't retcon it though, at least, not without far more work than it is worth. There are so many little bits that reference it one way or another, I would have to meticulously comb through everything in order to fix it all, as well as re-write a whole lot of things near the start. It would probably be easier and more accurate to just rewrite it from scratch, using the original as a guideline to make sure I didn't forget anything. And I am not going to do that. So, the beginning is good enough, but I really could have done better. Or at least, I could do better now.

MajorKerina

Too much long winded self reflection for characters and not enough sh*t getting done.

Loewenmensch

The characters are supposed to be these savvy people manipulating each other in a paranoid society... but it's all mood and tone; it's hollow. The tense conversations are tense because of my writing style, not because the characters are having realistic psychological reactions or saying meaningful things.

supremechadd

Mine is that its a smut but I build up the relationships so the first sex scene is in chapter 20, i guess chapters 10 and 11 are also lewdish.

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
I've been told that my works are hard to read. Long sentences, long paragraphs, expansive word choices, and just generally a denser read than the more light-novel style of work that seems more popular on SH.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Every time I have my MC go to a new time period/part of the world I have to do 2-5 months of research on that period before I can write any details besides dialogue.

Thraben

There is currently three arcs converging, with two different villains and multiple sets of side characters, making it very hard to actually post chapters until I'm on the other side by a good quarter of a book margain.

greyliliy

The characters are supposed to be these savvy people manipulating each other in a paranoid society... but it's all mood and tone; it's hollow. The tense conversations are tense because of my writing style, not because the characters are having realistic psychological reactions or saying meaningful things.
This feels like proof that authors are our own worst critics, because I didn't get that impression at all reading the first two chapters. So far your conversations and writing style have worked together to create a very graphic depiction of the world, and have captured the characters well. They feel like real people having real conversations, giving depth to your paranoid society.

As for my own writing, my biggest weakness are sequels. I have so many stories with sequel WIP that just. Never. Want. To. Be. Done. *stares at a book that's been waiting for 12 years now...* (I'm sure there are other weaknesses, but I couldn't even begin to tell you since all my writing is so self indulgent. If I don't like it, I don't post it. XD).