New Years Battle: Humans vs Vampires (Humans Win)

Who is better?

• Total voters

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
This statement has seven meanings and I want you to tell me all of them.

GlassRose

Kaleidoscope of Harmonious Contradiction
In the name of the God-Emperor, your heretical words are not only a grave insult to humanity but a blasphemous affront to the divine will of the Emperor himself! The Emperor, the immortal master of mankind, guides and protects us through the darkness of the galaxy. His wisdom and power are boundless, transcending the petty limitations of mere physics and material constraints.
Your disbelief in humanity's capability to achieve galactic dominance underestimates the indomitable spirit of the Imperium of Man. The Emperor's holy armies, the Space Marines, the Imperial Guard, and countless other forces, stand testament to our might and resolve. We have purged worlds, extinguished stars, and vanquished innumerable foes in the Emperor's name. Our weapons and fleets, blessed by His divine will, are capable of untold destruction, safeguarding humanity against the xenos, the heretic, and the daemon.
Your assertion that humanity's arrogance and greed are its downfall is the very seed of heresy. It is not arrogance but faith; not greed, but divine right. The Emperor's light guides us, and in His name, we claim our destiny among the stars. The notion that humanity is but one iteration in the cycle of life is a vile lie spread by the faithless. Humanity is the Emperor's chosen, destined to rule the galaxy in His name.
Do not mistake the resilience and adaptability of humanity as mere traits shared by all life. It is our divine duty, bestowed upon us by the Emperor Himself, to spread His light across the darkened galaxy. Every victory, every conquered world, is a testament to our superiority and His divine will.
Repent now, lest you face the Emperor's wrath. Our faith is our shield, our loyalty our weapon. The Emperor protects!
Perfect proof of my point. Even if all you said came to pass, entropy comes for the life of every universe, humanity would fall like any other so-called divinely ordained ruler species as the universe itself frays to nothing, only to reform and birth a new one long after time has lost all meaning. Zealots and divine right? The perfect example of humanity's arrogance, making up gods and then claiming those gods give them the right to do whatever they want. Arrogance is not unique to humanity either. There have been, and will be, others that claim 'divine right', and humanity, just like those others, will fall to see how wrong they were.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
Perfect proof of my point. Even if all you said came to pass, entropy comes for the life of every universe, humanity would fall like any other so-called divinely ordained ruler species as the universe itself frays to nothing, only to reform and birth a new one long after time has lost all meaning. Zealots and divine right? The perfect example of humanity's arrogance, making up gods and then claiming those gods give them the right to do whatever they want. Arrogance is not unique to humanity either. There have been, and will be, others that claim 'divine right', and humanity, just like those others, will fall to see how wrong they were.
I know you are having fun and I am coming from a different direction, but I wanted to say that entropy doesn't affect spiritual things like the human soul. Your whole worldview assumes there is nothing supernatural that exists.

GlassRose

Kaleidoscope of Harmonious Contradiction
I know you are having fun and I am coming from a different direction, but I wanted to say that entropy doesn't affect spiritual things like the human soul. Your whole worldview assumes there is nothing supernatural that exists.
The concepts of entropy and the supernatural/spiritual can coexist. But there are just so many different possibilities when it comes to the spiritual that it often isn't useful to discuss any specifics. Souls may exist, and they may be reborn, but who's to say that all souls are reborn? That all souls that are, have had a past life? That souls aren't broken down into their base components and reconstructed? There is no reason a human out of any other possibility has a soul that is irreplacable, or superior to all others. In fact, the claim to superiority is ridiculous , because like all things, it depends on the context, trade offs are inevitable in the process of optimization, and that will result in some configurations being better in some cases, but worse in others.

If time is infinite, no beginning, no end, after the universe dies to entropy in the form of heat death, eventually, it will decrease in entropy, and after an unfathomable amount of time it will regress enough for a new universe. And time, infinite, will eventually form every single universe possible, over and over again. All that can be, will be, and has been. No matter how improbable. I don't see why this wouldn't also apply to the spiritual. The spiritual is just that which we don't yet understand, but it out to have it's own sort of logic, and that is not incompatible with an eternally cyclical universe. It may be independent of the universe, or it may be woven in, who's to say? But faced with the entirety of all that's possible, it's sheer arrogance to claim that any one species is the best, especially without even knowing what it's being compared to.

In my opinion, a divine figure that somehow favors humanity does not appear to exist, given logical inconsistencies present if we assume that it does and then look at the state and history of humanity and the world. If there is divinity, I posit that it is far too aloof, impartial, or apathetic to play favorites.

Last edited:

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
The concepts of entropy and the supernatural/spiritual can coexist. But there are just so many different possibilities when it comes to the spiritual that it often isn't useful to discuss any specifics. Souls may exist, and they may be reborn, but who's to say that all souls are reborn? That all souls that are, have had a past life? That souls aren't broken down into their base components and reconstructed? There is no reason a human out of any other possibility has a soul that is irreplacable, or superior to all others. In fact, the claim to superiority is ridiculous , because like all things, it depends on the context, trade offs are inevitable in the process of optimization, and that will result in some configurations being better in some cases, but worse in others.

If time is infinite, no beginning, no end, after the universe dies to entropy in the form of heat death, eventually, it will decrease in entropy, and after an unfathomable amount of time it will regress enough for a new universe. And time, infinite, will eventually form every single universe possible, over and over again. All that can be, will be, and has been. No matter how improbable. I don't see why this wouldn't also apply to the spiritual. The spiritual is just that which we don't yet understand, but it out to have it's own sort of logic, and that is not incompatible with an eternally cyclical universe. It may be independent of the universe, or it may be woven in, who's to say? But faced with the entirety of all that's possible, it's sheer arrogance to claim that any one species is the best, especially without even knowing what it's being compared to.

In my opinion, a divine figure that somehow favors humanity does not appear to exist, given logical inconsistencies present if we assume that it does and then look at the state and history of humanity and the world. If there is divinity, I posit that it is far too aloof, impartial, or apathetic to play favorites.
Yours is an interesting way of seeing things, but to me, it seems too resigned.

We are the universe that has become aware of itself, and for this reason, we are divine beings ourselves.
Until proven otherwise, there is no one like us with our consciousness. This can be seen pessimistically, as your view suggests, or as a reason to take pride in being so special. We could have not existed, yet we do. What are the chances?
Everything might be predestined or part of an infinite cycle, or it might be the opposite. Considering this, I prefer to think that we can write our own destiny. Entropy is just the final boss, the ultimate evil that threatens us, and our purpose is to fight it until the end of our days.
This is what our nature, our instinct, tells us. This is what we can observe in life forms. To fight entropy. Our purpose, our battle.
Personally, that's what I'm going to do.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Yours is an interesting way of seeing things, but to me, it seems too resigned.

We are the universe that has become aware of itself, and for this reason, we are divine beings ourselves.
Until proven otherwise, there is no one like us with our consciousness. This can be seen pessimistically, as your view suggests, or as a reason to take pride in being so special. We could have not existed, yet we do. What are the chances?
Everything might be predestined or part of an infinite cycle, or it might be the opposite. Considering this, I prefer to think that we can write our own destiny. Entropy is just the final boss, the ultimate evil that threatens us, and our purpose is to fight it until the end of our days.
This is what our nature, our instinct, tells us. This is what we can observe in life forms. To fight entropy. Our purpose, our battle.
Personally, that's what I'm going to do.
destiny
/ˈdɛstɪni/
noun
noun: destiny; plural noun: destinies
the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.
"she was unable to control her own destiny"
the hidden power believed to control future events; fate.
"he believed in destiny"
I'm going now to rant about the idea of fighting, I would agree with @GlassRose , ´Chocolates view has it's own merit, I just say the truth that can't be changed matters little.
So if destiny does exist, it's a impossibility by definition to do something that wasn't fated to be. And NO you can't do the impossible because being able to do something "impossible" just shows that it isn't impossible, you simply can't do the impossible. Something believed to be impossible is just believed to be impossible, and our views only influence our world(subjective). The same with destiny, you can't defy destiny and defying "destiny" might be just your destiny. The more scientific version of destiny is determinism, btw I'm an determinist and you chocolate sound somewhat like a fatalist (fatalism is the belief in destiny)), determinism is the belief in causality. It's kind of like reverse destiny, that the past makes the present and destiny would be that the future makes the present? (Putting it this way it sounds like happy chaos ideology, how funny.) You can't defy causality too and defying causality is too impossible for more complicated reasons. I hate people saying that they can defy destiny or do the impossible but Cocolate is delusional so I'm okay with it. Rant over.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
If time is infinite, no beginning, no end, after the universe dies to entropy in the form of heat death, eventually, it will decrease in entropy, and after an unfathomable amount of time it will regress enough for a new universe.
Thats not how heat death or entropy work. And anyway, such theory only exists to cope with a universe that isn't eternal.
What logical inconsistencies are there? I would like to know as I am not aware of the inconsistencies.

Last edited:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Because even those who voted vampires are still human in real life.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Maybe the real delusions were the friends we made along the way...
I love all of the meanings behind this! This is like... the motto for my cult of the Stars. I need this as a T-shirt SO BADLY!!!
@Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
1. We made imaginary friends.
2. Friendship is fake.
3. The friends are fake.
4. Friendship is a hallucination of mankind, and we are all just enjoying the dream.
5. Some outside influence is making us think friendship exists.
6. Everything is a delusion.
7. Everything other than ourselves is/could be a delusion of our human brain because of how it operates. @Voidiris Your favored one?
8. We are mentally ill (read: mentally FUN)
9. How it applies to my lore: we are all part of the dream of the Stars - their delusions - and if we want, we can all be their FRIENDS, and thus we are the real delusions.
10. If true, this sentence is proof that lies are better than truth in many aspects. Lies can be more real than truth, and matter more as well to the heart. Kokichi Ouma is right? For those Danganronpa fans, @ElliePorter @Blue09o @Cipiteca396 @SsemouyOnan @TenderHuman
11. And if true, this sentence is proof that lies are better than truth in these aspects as well: For all those Super Supportive fans, loving lies can be a sign of care, and protection of blissful ignorance for the youth.
12. And if true, this sentence is proof that lies are better than truth in these aspects as well!: For Santa fans - LOL! - and parents who may or may not give and/or plan to give the wonder of fairytales to their children such as @K5Rakitan and @DemonOppai , this proof supports giving children belief in the magic of the world.