Now that I have a computer...

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I recommend you at least say which games you enjoyed in the past.

As for my recommendation, Resident evil 2, remake.

Should be cheap on Steam Halloween sale.

you can just get both an Xbox and Steam account since they’re both free. If you don’t have a lot of time I would recommend against gamepass since it’s only worth it if you have the time to play the games on it as a subscription.

you can get a gog account too, uplay and origin if there are games by EA or Ubisoft you want to play.

ACertainPassingUser

Another recommendation :

Hollow Knight
capsule_616x353.jpg

It's cute, wholesome, and engaging
ss_47f3523dbea462aff2ca4bc9f605faaf80a792b2.1920x1080.jpg
ss_92c7e8f34c00bdb455070ecdd5b746f0d2f6d808.1920x1080.jpg
ss_b17396ebcbef87cd016c433927bb2dd7edb17660.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5384f9f8b96a0b9934b2bc35a4058376211636d2.1920x1080.jpg
ss_a81e4231cc8d55f58b51a4a938898af46503cae5.1920x1080.jpg
ss_62e10cf506d461e11e050457b08aa0e2a1c078d0.1920x1080.jpg
ss_bd76bd88bc5334ee56ae3d5f0d8dec4455e8e3b8.1920x1080.jpg
ss_33a645903d6dd9beec39f272a3daf57174a6cc26.1920x1080.jpg

wimbledon

BABA
IS
YOU

SHOGUN SHOWDOWN

DEEP ROCK GALACTIC

COBALT CORE
(... HASN'T ACTUALLY COME OUT YET, BUT THE DEMO IS FUN)

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
If you don't mind spyware on your computer, you can just get a free game every week from Epic Games.
I have a laptop I only use for gaming, so I don't have any credit card info or anything on it. Most of the games are garbage, but 20% are actually good. Like AAA titles. China must really want to know what games I have on my Steam account, because between Epic and Steam, I got nothing else on it. Don't even surf the internet.

Succubiome

Game pass vs steam: I think this mostly boils down to if are you the sort of person who prefer to play a lot of different games all the time, or a few games repeatedly, and if you prefer a new influx of games to play or being able to reliably go back to your favorites?

Like, if you will only play ~3 new megacorp games or like ~10 new indie games in a given year, or less, steam or other permanent or semi-permanent purchasing methods are probably better.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
View attachment 23208
Now that I find myself with a computer that can handle games, I was wondering if you all had any recommendations on a gaming platform, and what game you would recommend for my first game.

I can't decide whether to use Xbox or steam, and what game I should get if I do so.

Any help would be much appreciated.

˝/\__/\˝
(✿≧ᆺ≦) Thanks!!!
/˙˙˙˙˙🫶\
Okay hear me out.. out of everything that you are going to play.. I recommend first play dragon age origins..

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
I don’t feel like reading through all the replies (I’ll just do it later probably) so here are my recommendations, in no particular order:

PC games (also available on console):
  • Minecraft
Sandbox game. I might be addicted but that’s not the point. Lots of fun servers, but I’m a developer not a player most of the time. Still, ruined videogames for me since I can hard play anything else now. Minecraft is alway calling. Ehhh I think that’s a me problem.
  • Celeste
A platformer. Very hard. Well, delends how far you want to go. I only have like 20,000 deaths or something. Anyways, trans girl climbs mountain while fighting herself. Try to get strawberries. Fun game. (Rumor has it that if you beat Celeste you turn into a girl o-O)
  • Undertale
fUnNy bOnE mAn. Yes, Sans is included. The game is not defined by Sans though. A short game but very fun. I believe it’s an RPG? There are many routes in the game and if you are blind to the game, it’ll just make the experience better. Avoid spoilers if you can, this game js amazing when unspoiled.
  • Deltarune
Another game by Toby Fox (the guy who made Undertale). It’s like Undertale, but more of a classic RPG. Still, very fun. Also we have the funny spammy guy. Now’s your chance to be a [[[[BIG SHOT]]]]. (My favorite quote is, “Too many excess vacation days? Take a god damnvacation straight to hell!”)
  • Hollow Knight
A metroidvania by Team Cherry. When Silksong? Oh wait, wrong game, Fun metroidvania with lots of bosses and free DLC. Fun story, can be really hard if you want it to. Has lots and lots of lore, maybe too much.
  • Genshin Impact
Everyone hates on Genshin. If you don’t care, go ahead and play it! I do. Although it’s a gatcha game, you can play free to play and have fun. (Like me. What? Do you expect me to throw away my life savings for some random girl just because she looks good??) Anyways, if you don’t care about the meta too much, you shouldn’t have to spend any money. Also has lots of lore. Maybe too much. And manga too I think/
  • Starcraft II
We have the nice and fun games above then we get to a real time strategy game. Very competitive but has a fun story to it for single player. I’m only silver though… and that was months ago when I last touched the game. Be warned, even if your computer can handle games, at the top levels it might not be enough. Anyways, choose one of three races to play (or more, but only 1 at a tine) and go murder some enemies.

• Chrono Trigger
An old RPG with a bunch of ports. Highly recommend. It has amazing music, graphics (those it’s retro graphics not modern), and story. Plus, it has t i m e t r a v e l. An amazing game by a “dream team”. Play it, go.

TL;DR:
Chrono Trigger, Minecraft, Celeste, Undertale, Deltarune, Hollow Knight, Genshin Impact, Starcraft II.
Play whatever you want.
(I typed too much again didn’t I)
(I also definitely didn’t have to edit in Chrono Trigger because I forgot)

I didn't know that game still had a community. I tried it once before.
I used to play, like 8 years ago. It‘s practically unrecognizable now. And of course they just HAD TO ADD LOOTBOXES. I quit when the 2.0 update came out.

Last edited:

CubicleHermit

Terraria is amazing. It's like Minecraft, but without the motion sickness, good 2D graphics rather than bad 3D, and fewer 8-year olds.

Also, Persona 4 Golden. One of the greatest JRPGs ever, and the one of even fewer that's playable in a reasonable form on a modern PC vs. being console-only or requiring an emulator.

Baldur's Gate 3 seems pretty good for really recent stuff.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
View attachment 23208
Now that I find myself with a computer that can handle games, I was wondering if you all had any recommendations on a gaming platform, and what game you would recommend for my first game.

I can't decide whether to use Xbox or steam, and what game I should get if I do so.

Any help would be much appreciated.

˝/\__/\˝
(✿≧ᆺ≦) Thanks!!!
/˙˙˙˙˙🫶\
What kind of games would you like to play?

Stealthy_Enigma

(❀⁠≽ᆺ≼)⊃~~~~✧ ꧁Floofy Ninja!!!꧂
What kind of games would you like to play?
After going through the choices and testing some out, I think I like the ones where there is a large amount of freedom- like the adventuring, crafting, and c.y.o.a. style games. Unfortunately I don't have much time for grinding, so I can't make much progress on those ones.
˝<(✿;>ᆺ<;)>˝
/\˝/˙˙˙˙⊃⊂\

KuruKinaar

Steam is better for PC. While Xbox is cross platform on PC, I still prefer using Steam. People that play PC use steam, that's where you'll connect and game with people on PC.
Stardew is always a good game to play for relaxing grinding game, along with Minecraft. I tend to play more shooters and MMP games, Idk if you'd want to play those (Apex, Smite, Dead by Daylight). I play those with friends, and it's fun.
Fallout 4 is my favorite first person, adventure, shooter, open world, and building game.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
You can try GOG and humblebundle if you're looking for games as well. There are a lot more to gaming than just Steam.
Also, stay away from XBox if you're going to be on PC gaming...

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
Author's sin is enormous. We killed a lot for the plot. We make the Mc suffer for his growth.