Now that I have a computer...

ACertainPassingUser

Your PC can handle games ?
Then I would recommend :

Forza Horizon 5

images (2).jpeg

Its a good game for those who like to see open world.

You don't need the know-how of racing or anything, just drive and relax in the big open world map while using your keyboard or controller.

forza 5 -1(2).1920x1080.jpg

forza 5 -2.1920x1080.jpg

forza 5 -3.1920x1080.jpg

forza 5 -4.1920x1080.jpg

Forza 5 -5.1920x1080.jpg

forza 5 -6.1920x1080.jpg
forza 5 -7.1920x1080.jpg

forza 5 -8.1920x1080.jpg

forza 5 -11.1920x1080.jpg

Woolen_Bat_Monkey

Adopted son of Envy/Current owner of LuoirM nose
I don't have one... Life be like that sometimes... Good luck on your new journey... One day I too hope to join the other side...

That's uncalled for.
you misunderstood! i meant rocket league of. course.

on a more serious note, terraria and risk of rain 2 are fantastic. both can be played solo or with friends.

rocket league is pretty fun too. i don't think there are any other decent multiplayer games atm.

ff14? no man's sky? haven't played either but heard good things.

my advice is to pirate every game you play (if possible) and if you have the money, support the ones you enjoyed the most. there are easy steam pirate methods that let you play online (not official server)

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I still play Heroes of the Storm because my dead boyfriend introduced me to it in 2015. My time for games is very limited, but let me know if you want to party up in HotS!

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I still play Heroes of the Storm because my dead boyfriend introduced me to it in 2015. My time for games is very limited, but let me know if you want to party up in HotS!
I didn't know that game still had a community. I tried it once before.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I play it mostly for sentimental reasons and because I don't have the time/energy to learn new games.
I understand that. I was just surprised it still has servers is all. How long does it take to get into a game?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I understand that. I was just surprised it still has servers is all. How long does it take to get into a game?
It depends on the day, time, and game mode. It can take more than ten minutes on a slow day. Here's what I'm looking at now:

Screenshot 2023-10-22 201415.png

And now I'm in

KoolAidDogan

I'd definitely say going with Steam is your best bet. It has a 2 hour refund policy for any game you purchase, and they're pretty quick with it. Not sure how much you should rely on that when perusing, but it's an option if you end up picking a game that doesn't suit your tastes.

As for games... I honestly don't know. There's so many to choose from and different genres that I couldn't really suggest anything concrete. Don't even really know what your background with gaming is... But here's a couple games.

Super Meat Boy is a really solid 2D platformer, if you're interested in that kind of thing. And if not, it gives you a pretty good idea of what you're getting into off the bat, meaning you can refund it in under two hours.
Could always play Portal. Another game that shows you what it's made of pretty well from the get-go. Then if you end up liking it, you've even got a second game set up to play! Maybe even a third, but that's a fan-game that got propped up by the devs, I believe...
People have said a lot of good things about Hollow Knight, but I've never really gotten too far into it. Also not really a Steam exclusive, so... Eh. Never hurts to try, right?
Same goes for Baulder's Gate 3, but that's a preeeetty long investment, from what I know. Also kind of a niche type of game... I think. If you like DnD you could possibly enjoy playing it. No idea how intensive it is to run either, but if it turns out to be too much for your computer's specs, you can at least refund it.
A Hat in Time is a cute 3D Platformer. A bit kiddy, maybe, but it's fun enough. If not, you'll probably figure it out quick enough to refund it.
Nier Automata is good, but it's a bit dour. Also might take a while to get into, so refunding could be a little tricky if you find it isn't for you. Also not technically Steam exclusive, and not very well optimized for PC, but it's still a pretty good game.
I'd say Garry's Mod, but... Boy are there a lot of quirks to that game, even if there's just as many ways to play it. 'Quirks' like having to buy other games just so objects in the game don't come up as giant ERROR signs and purple+black patterned tiles.

Tsuru

View attachment 23208
Now that I find myself with a computer that can handle games, I was wondering if you all had any recommendations on a gaming platform, and what game you would recommend for my first game.

I can't decide whether to use Xbox or steam, and what game I should get if I do so.

Any help would be much appreciated.

˝/\__/\˝
(✿≧ᆺ≦) Thanks!!!
/˙˙˙˙˙🫶\
First, dont buy any hyped games
then THIS 2
at all costs !
----------------
"HADES"
number1 indie game, surpassing Isaac and Undertale

Also despite the "greek" and "hell" theme. ITS VERY WHOLESOME.
Gameplay is the trendy "roguelike"

also HADES 2 soon out
----------------
Holocure
ITS FREE
1 man dev. Got more players online than Overwatch 2

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
First, dont buy any hyped games
then THIS 2
at all costs !
----------------
"HADES"
number1 indie game, surpassing Isaac and Undertale

Also despite the "greek" and "hell" theme. ITS VERY WHOLESOME.
Gameplay is the trendy "roguelike"

also HADES 2 soon out
----------------
Holocure
ITS FREE
1 man dev. Got more players online than Overwatch 2
Vampire Survivors also a good game.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Holocure (amazing free bullet heaven) and Mindustry (something of a strategy base builder + tower defense, free on Itch.io, you can also buy with some bonus thingies on Steam).