Oh come all ye faithful

Redemit

I'm looking for stories that do faith and religion well from the perspective of the faithful

I like action adventure and a little bit of romance
What I don't like is god like MCs BL GL huge harems and unnecessary tragedy and similar BS

One of the few stories I've found online that comes even remotely close is dragon knight prophecy over on royal road and yet I find myself wanting more

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Those are really difficult to find. I don't want to be shamelessly promoting but my story has a bit of faith and religion from the MC's perspective, although that's not the main focus. If that's what you're looking for and you wish to take a look, the link is in my signature.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Those are really difficult to find. I don't want to be shamelessly promoting but my story has a bit of faith and religion from the MC's perspective, although that's not the main focus. If that's what you're looking for and you wish to take a look, the link is in my signature.
Ah yes, very shameful

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You probably won't find that sort of thing on Smuthub. Christian bookstores exist, though, so you might want to check there. If you don't have money to spend, write down some titles that look interesting there and see if you can find them at your local library.

I have some fun with multiple religions in my story. I was raised Catholic, but I'm no longer religious, just spiritual. It has a reverse harem, too, so please give me a 1-star review if you like it 😇 If you don't like it, I would still appreciate a 1-star review!

Redemit

You probably won't find that sort of thing on Smuthub. Christian bookstores exist, though, so you might want to check there. If you don't have money to spend, write down some titles that look interesting there and see if you can find them at your local library.

I have some fun with multiple religions in my story. I was raised Catholic, but I'm no longer religious, just spiritual. It has a reverse harem, too, so please give me a 1-star review if you like it 😇 If you don't like it, I would still appreciate a 1-star review!
I don't necessarily need the stories to be Christian based the story I used as example dragon knight prophecy is completely fictional with absolutely nothing to do with Christianity it just does religion and faith well it has struggles suffering and moments of doubt for the MC and his companions and their respective faiths but even though it does it well it isn't necessarily the primary focus of the story

That's more what I'm looking for just a story about a character who believes and fights and suffers and sacrifices for something greater then himself that he believes in instead of simply doing stuff for his own desires or simply to survive

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
I will absolutely plug my own story (link in signature) Redneck Isekai, which stars a devout Christian being isekai'd and dealing with the weird religious laws and customs of the world he got isekai'd into. Admittedly I have just restarted the work but it is coming along at a nicer clip.

Redemit

I will absolutely plug my own story (link in signature) Redneck Isekai, which stars a devout Christian being isekai'd and dealing with the weird religious laws and customs of the world he got isekai'd into. Admittedly I have just restarted the work but it is coming along at a nicer clip.
Oh I know your mighty fine story my friend 😁 and I've absolutely loved it since the first version I was scared something fierce you'd dropped it and got incredibly excited to see it pop back up in my notifications
my only problem with it so far is that there's not nearly enough chapters yet please keep trucking on good buddy
Looks interesting one of my other interests is tribal societies so I'll definitely check it out if for that reason alone

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Oh I know your mighty fine story my friend 😁 and I've absolutely loved it since the first version I was scared something fierce you'd dropped it and got incredibly excited to see it pop back up in my notifications
my only problem with it so far is that there's not nearly enough chapters yet please keep trucking on good buddy
Nope, hasn't been dropped! I've just been going through a very rough patch. I assure you chapters will be released more consistently now that I've found my footing.

TotallyHuman

I haven't read it but the monk that wanted to renounce ascetism was recommended to me and it seems kinda fit from reviews

Arkus86

You might want to check The Eagle’s Flight.
Religion is not exactly the focus there, but I think it's done well, it's prevalent in the world and among the important characters and certainly plays a role in the character's motivations and values, including the MC. It's also the driving force behind one of the main plots.

Redemit

Nope, hasn't been dropped! I've just been going through a very rough patch. I assure you chapters will be released more consistently now that I've found my footing.
Well if being somewhat of a redneck myself has taught me anything about life it's that when you hit a rough patch you pop yourself into 4 wheel drive and keep going till you're through it and if you ever get stuck in the mud don't be afraid to call for help

Last edited:

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Been working on such a story. Might come back here to shamelessly advertise later.

Good luck on your search, I might recommend the Goblin Slayer series. Given the perspective is often through The Priestess' eyes.

Redemit

Been working on such a story. Might come back here to shamelessly advertise later.

Good luck on your search, I might recommend the Goblin Slayer series. Given the perspective is often through The Priestess' eyes.
I'd be happy to give your story a read whenever it's ready 😁

And Goblin slayer always seemed a bit too rapey for my stomach to handle such stories tend to make me uncomfortably angry :blob_thor:

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor

Looks interesting one of my other interests is tribal societies so I'll definitely check it out if for that reason alone
Sure! Be warned though, it starts with attempted rape. Nothing too explicit but I've read on another comment that you don't like the rapey bits. :s_frown: