Opinion on piercings

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Counter point:

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. I Corinthians 6:19‭-‬20 NKJV

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
Romans 12:1 NKJV
https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/7-19.htm

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Let me answer your question with another question. Why the hell do you even care?

minionlover

I like piercings, something about them makes me feel tribal yet free, I especially love wearing long earrings that dangle towards my neck, but I prefer they be made out of string. The metal ones in the form a little chain get caught in my hair and hurt to pull out.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
On Leviticus, I was taught that Old Testament rules null and void, for Christians at least. Leviticus is the same book where they tell people not to eat pork, after all.
Now it's not that I am condemning piercings or tattoos, but these things are rarely for the glory of God.
Neither is chocolate cake or pizza, which is enjoyed by religious and non-religious people alike.
A religion war is actually beginning. Maybe I should invite James to give K5R a religious seminar lol
I welcome the opportunity to learn more.

Ellen_Dunkel

My opinion is that it is gross, disgusting and satanic. Since it corrupts the natural body to a lesser state, and is a sign for the mentally ill. No one in their right mind would have a piercing on their body. Same with tattoos.
They're fashion decisions. There's nothing wrong with it. You sound really judgemental

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
All I'm saying is that if anyone with piercings piss me off, I know a friend who owns one of these.

bTSwxsDkLnxt6p6eEeBBaLnP.jpeg

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
On Leviticus, I was taught that Old Testament rules null and void, for Christians at least. Leviticus is the same book where they tell people not to eat pork, after all.

Neither is chocolate cake or pizza, which is enjoyed by religious and non-religious people alike.

I welcome the opportunity to learn more.
Thats because we are under the law of grace, yes, but the leviticus laws existed for good reasons. Chrst came to fulfill the law, not abolish it (Matthew5:17). Those laws are for our good, even if not required.

Last edited:

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
In that case what about hair dye, make up, weight extremes. I believe it's Paul who speaks against make up and jewellery, and also long hair for men? The basis being that these 'arts' of appearance were taught to mankind by the fallen angels.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Exclusive to delinquents/punks/heavy metal/artists/ and every stereotype in the world. Also sometimes, I think, people with piercings can't become good gangsters. I can't imagine the pain of the piercing getting ripped off in a street fight.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Personally I hate tattoos and piercings, but I don't tell people that unless they ask me. It's funny when someone tries to brag about their tattoos as though they deserve universal praise. I just keep quiet. But since the question was asked on this forum I'll express my disdain for both Tattoos and piercings.

SternenklarenRitter

Since your body is your own personal temple to the higher power of your choice, it is imperative to treat it with respect. For some people that simply means keeping clean and avoiding anything that could permanantly mark your body, while for others it means putting in great efforts and altering your body into a magnificent display as proof of your dedication. Personally, I think piercings made of steel or plastic are kind of gross because they can attract a lot of microbes, while copper is a potent antimicrobial surface in addition to having an attractive color and is thus well suited to piercings and studs.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Piercings and tattoos tell a story, much like an inorganic scar, whether it be a dumb, drunk, embarrassing one-shot or a or a established epic written and drawn on a canvas of flesh.

I find them interesting like any other story, however some do get repetitive or ridiculously out of taste.

It just comes down to the piece itself and the reason behind it.