Paying an Artist

Immortal_17

What payment methods do authors usually use who commission art for their stories? I hope not PayPal because I'm having some issues with it lately.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Paypal is the norm, unfortunately. It's how most artists accept pay.

I've seen a few others payment sites popping up since the problems with it in other countries, but I don't think they're that widely used.

nullspice

Its common to see artists use other platforms, such as skeb, patreon, kofi, etc. You could ask if they use such a platform and if they would accept pay through them (i.e. a one big month sub on patreon for a commission, skeb and kofi are more straightforward)

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
If you are in the same country as the artist, they may offer local paying methods.

Its common to see artists use other platforms, such as skeb, patreon, kofi, etc. You could ask if they use such a platform and if they would accept pay through them (i.e. a one big month sub on patreon for a commission, skeb and kofi are more straightforward)
Kofi just passes to Paypal by default, though I checked and if the creator enables Stripe they'll be able to take credit cards and Apple Pay. No clue how much more work that'd be for them.

Patreon takes cards fine as far as I can tell, though it's not really set up for one-off payments.

Never heard of skeb before and don't know anything about it. Maybe it'll be good, maybe it'll suck.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I've given Steam wallet codes, game codes, Amazon wallet codes and others in the past before. It only works if an artist trusts you. Otherwise negotiations can easily fall apart

Immortal_17

I've given Steam wallet codes, game codes, Amazon wallet codes and others in the past before. It only works if an artist trusts you. Otherwise negotiations can easily fall apart
What about Payoneer?

melchi

What is a custom title?
Paypal in the norm. I don't see why though. Paypal's TOS has fine print that says they don't offer protection for custom items.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I use paypal but I only use it because so many artists use it. Personally, I dislike Paypal but it's the most used site of all of the ones I know of.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I use paypal but I only use it because so many artists use it. Personally, I dislike Paypal but it's the most used site of all of the ones I know of.
also dislike paypal lot, but what can you do if it's the most common paying service that everyone can use?