Pen Name's.

War_and_Poetry

Writer Pen Names, as usual, are sometimes, but almost never the same as the author's true name yes?

So my question is, if everyone suddenly posted on Amazon, something completed and ready for sale, what would be your pen names? The same as your current SH name? Or something else? How would or do you go about deciding?

(I'm asking because I have an obscure, but a genuine interest in how authors pick their pen name's since some have stories behind them and others don't. I mean I knew one author on Amazon whose pen name was Lance Duckswinger before he changed it to something else for some reason. Another was Jimmy Labradoodle XD)

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
It depends on what for.
My Pen Name for poetry is Selmiro Pérez based on the meaning of the name. It just comes down to personal preference

Agentt

Thighs
I think I'll keep the same pen name. My name comes from OWCA of Phineus and Ferb.
It has been with me for years, I have been using it for every game I have ever played.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Smexy Biastro. I imagine myself being an italian writer that writes JP MCs in a cultivation world and given korean-like villains while hiding the fact that i'm a PH.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
lmfao, funny pen names, but whatever.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Writer Pen Names, as usual, are sometimes, but almost never the same as the author's true name yes?

So my question is, if everyone suddenly posted on Amazon, something completed and ready for sale, what would be your pen names? The same as your current SH name? Or something else? How would or do you go about deciding?

(I'm asking because I have an obscure, but a genuine interest in how authors pick their pen name's since some have stories behind them and others don't. I mean I knew one author on Amazon whose pen name was Lance Duckswinger before he changed it to something else for some reason. Another was Jimmy Labradoodle XD)
I'll always be CadmarLegend.

D

Deleted member 45782

I think of usernames as many funny pen names...they are fun to create! >:D

Probably go with something more like an actual name though and a different spelling of my surname.

But for writing, let's say I want to separate the two, because I don't want to be associated with certain kind of writings just yet or because its two different type of works, like say poetry vs novel, then I probably would go by couple of names, one for each type. Or like one for each writing platform (like my username is different from my username on RR and Wattpad).

But currently....I think I'm just gonna operate by one pen name if I ever do publish (that is like going to the milky way, me lazy ass).

Ah..i don't like naming characters...but creating random new usernames are fun :D

Last edited by a moderator:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Yes, I would be using the same pen name. I've been using this one for at least ten years now. I have several fans in various corners of the internet, so of course I would want them to go buy my book. One of my fans has been writing me poems lately:

That simp needs to die from tetanus. Hella crazy, 'fans from various corners,' all I see is one crazy man with his inaudible poems. Show us your different fans instead.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Wanna share why?
Oh, when I was in college I helped a friend of mine write an entire screenplay. One of the characters names was Contessa, and it’s my ode <or hats off> to him for my time writing of six months straight on a screenplay that probably won’t ever see the light of day.
Renalds comes from Ryan Renalds, because he’s one of my favorite actors.
and that’s how Tessa Renalds was born as a pen name. :)

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Oh, when I was in college I helped a friend of mine write an entire screenplay. One of the characters names was Contessa, and it’s my ode <or hats off> to him for my time writing of six months straight on a screenplay that probably won’t ever see the light of day.
Renalds comes from Ryan Renalds, because he’s one of my favorite actors.
and that’s how Tessa Renalds was born as a pen name. :)
Your story's much better than mine... I just stumbled onto the name Cadmar on a baby name website(not sure), and added in Legend.