People thinking your profession is magic

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
When I was working as a bill collector, it was more people thought I was evil incarnate.
I mean... I AM evil incarnate, but it has nothing to do with being a bill collector.
Correlation does not equal causation.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
I've mentioned that I do HVAC. 9/10 times like any other job is doing the most basic of shits and charging people hundreds for their lazy asses. Same with the occasional plumbing I do. You ripped the plastic tube because rubber is flexible? Sure, $300 for a 15 minute repair on $25 of supplies. Years since I did mining, but people still think that we are a third world country and exclusively use pickaxes for everything. Explosives are the greatest thing made.

petrderbikov

So, there are a few jobs here and there that the general public has very little knowledge of.

Like I am a psychology student, and strangers often ask me stuff like, "how do i make my child study more?"

And i see a lot of programmers on internet saying how people just ask them to 'make a site for free' or 'fix my computer'
My own brother was an electrical engineer and our nieghbour one day asked him to fix their TV.

So, what magical job do you have?
Huh, I have that experience, too. I work in web development, that is, I just make designs for the site. But everyone for some reason, miss the word web and just take it as a designer, which is why I'm constantly being asked "what's the best design for my room / shower / kitchen" or "and how do I make my house interesting outside". Yes yes, I've been asked these questions and it's very strange. I don't know anything at all about room interiors or how to outfit an Imao home. How can they not understand that I work in "website content creation" and not in "house design"?. It makes me laugh.

Last edited:

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
If 'student' were a job, then I can share... Most often, People always think that I have good grades.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
nail techncian

people ask me how they can make their natural nails indestructible or change the entire shap of their nail but please without putting anything on the nails

zwei Teige bitte!
I have to disappoint you, but "Teige" doesn't exist in German. You say "Teigling" to a portion of readily shaped dough piece tough. This one has the plural Teiglinge.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
what the hell is that!?
1616B8E8-C395-486F-8817-C29EFFF8D25B.jpeg

Doing such things

but people want something fancy yet don’t want chemicals touch their nails ╮ ( ̄ヮ  ̄) ╭

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Uhhh... god.
Its good work, if you can get it. The union dues are a bitch. Lot of politics.