Possible way to disable Comments on posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I'm just snickering as I read this.

Look, if you are going to post online, expect positive AND negative responses. If you can't handle it, don't post online. I mean...who the hell posts online in a PUBLIC space...and then disallow others to respond to their work?

Wow, the levels of entitlement here are astronomical. It's almost like reading another thread from SH's noticeable population of wannabe "activists" and "heroes" on here whine and bitch cuz "oppression" or "patriarchy" or whatever other crap they want to blame on someone else cuz responsibility and accepting the consequences of one's actions is hard. Where do you people keep coming from? Would someone break that fucking copying machine that keeps spitting you guys out PLEASE? It's like a virus and your overwhelming everything.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
I mean, I'd rather not be as harsh about this as Discount, but come on dude! Really? Sharing publicly online might not be for you. To remove the possibility of criticism also removes the possibility of people praising you or just generally socializing and engaging with you about your content at all. Take this away, and why post online at all? Just doesn't make any sense. You can't improve that way. And if by some chance, you're not posting for anyone but yourself, then why post it online? Keep it private.

This is a pretty bizarre thread.
snowflake vanilla bitches go reeeeeeeee like a damn autistic kid in the lunchroom when they get an odd number of chicken tendies.
That is an extremely specific, but very amusing mental image. Thank you for this.

Last edited:

bigbear51

That is an extremely specific, but very amusing mental image. Thank you for this.
Nah, he's just salty that people got tired of his story. I was fine with his story, but turning out to be a whiny cunt just turns me off from wanting to continue.

Edit: Also for the actual thread here. Also get bent to everyone who doesn't call this person some bitchy loser. It's almost always just a bunch of authors here who insult readers and call them bullies and trolls and crap.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Wow lol can't believe people are literally telling me to grow a spine or get over it. Like Fuck off, I posted in this thread for help I didn't ask for your God damn opinion but seeing as how's that's turned out I'll give you my opinions. 1. Don't call me a Bitchy loser, considering the majority of you fucking people are more than likely obese incels living in someone's basement and 2. I have a spine, I can be very mean if I want to, that doesn't mean I want to scroll through every comment and destroy someone's day just because they said something rude, like shut the literal Fuck up you annoying ass borderline aspie, grow some wrinkles on your brain, you're clearly lacking.

Better yet, swallow some oxy and chill the fuck out, mix some liqour or xans with it and do the world a favor

Grow a more attractive face faggot
I am not going to tell you that you're wrong but there is some truth to what has been said. They gave you advice based on their past experiences. Most of them have been in your shoes and had to learn to deal with it because that's all you can really do. It sucks but it's the truth. Also, there is a good chance that many of the people on this site are obese incels in their parent's basement but you shouldn't assume that. Another thing is that having a spine does not mean being an ass or a mean person. It means to be able to see something you don't like and either ignore it or be the better person by not taking it to heart. Now, I get it. no one should have called you a bitchy loser and I understand why you're mad about it but responding the way you did is only proving them right.

As for your statement to @bigbear51 it will get you probably get you reported for basically telling someone to kill themselves. On another note, insulting someone over their features which you haven't seen and their sexuality which you don't know isn't very mature at all.

Unicornpuke97

I am not going to tell you that you're wrong but there is some truth to what has been said. They gave you advice based on their past experiences. Most of them have been in your shoes and had to learn to deal with it because that's all you can really do. It sucks but it's the truth. Also, there is a good chance that many of the people on this site are obese incels in their parent's basement but you shouldn't assume that. Another thing is that having a spine does not mean being an ass or a mean person. It means to be able to see something you don't like and either ignore it or be the better person by not taking it to heart. Now, I get it. no one should have called you a bitchy loser and I understand why you're mad about it but responding the way you did is only proving them right.

As for your statement to @bigbear51 it will get you probably get you reported for basically telling someone to kill themselves. On another note, insulting someone over their features which you haven't seen and their sexuality which you don't know isn't very mature at all.
Idc if I get reported lmao I'll just ditch this site or make another account I really honestly don't have a Fuck to give. I didn't ask for advice I posted for HELP ON HOW TO DISABLE COMMENTS not advice on how to deal with the negative ones, reading a comment about someone saying my story or plot is shit isn't going to help me improve in the slightest. I can deal with constructive criticism just fine but there's a big difference between that and someone just being a dick for no apparent reason

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Idc if I get reported lmao I'll just ditch this site or make another account I really honestly don't have a Fuck to give. I didn't ask for advice I posted for HELP ON HOW TO DISABLE COMMENTS not advice on how to deal with the negative ones, reading a comment about someone saying my story or plot is shit isn't going to help me improve in the slightest. I can deal with constructive criticism just fine but there's a big difference between that and someone just being a dick for no apparent reason
You're right. They were being dicks and I won't deny that they were. Though no one here can help you disable comments unless you ask for it in a feature request which probably won't be acknowledged for several months because Tony, the mod is fairly busy with other things. People decided that the only option was to give their personal advice. It's something that people do because they're people and people like to share their experiences. Yeah, there were plenty of them who weren't helpful at all or just straight-up mean. I'm not faulting you for being angry in the least. You have that right. I got told that my main story was shit after a few weeks of being here and I was pissed but I looked it over, changed it, and replaced it. Now my main story is in the top 5 for two separate genres and top 25 for many other genres on this site. Negative comments from assholes can help if you know how to make them help.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
First off, please do not misgender the OP, those of you who did. It's not hard to go to her profile, and see the specified gender.

To answer the question directly: I don't actually know whether comment disabling is allowed, I mean you could block people after the fact, but then you have an arms race, and as you gain a reputation for being someone who blocks, more people will flock over to you.

Making an observation, you are listed on here as a "well-known author" but I notice a wide disparity between your two Gender Bender/Girls Love works from everything else in terms of statistics. I'm wondering if maybe you're having some trouble with bleedover effect between the different audience bases? In which case, IF IT IS PERMISSIBLE BY TOS, you may want separate accounts (I don't actually know if this is OK, and as such I am not encouraging you to go out and do this, this is just me covering my ass.) for your different genre categories.

Paul Tromba's comment above has a good outlook. Pain is inevitable, but it can be channeled.

If I may ask, are you looking to diable things globally? Or just specific works?

I do, however, envy you that you have an audience who interacts with you. And, I notice you have quite a few positive comments in your works. I'm glad you have those. That said, I implore you: please be the bigger woman in your interactions here. There is a strength in that, despite how bullshit it sounds (and believe you me it sounds empty and feels hollow a lot.)

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Wow lol can't believe people are literally telling me to grow a spine or get over it. Like Fuck off, I posted in this thread for help I didn't ask for your God damn opinion but seeing as how's that's turned out I'll give you my opinions. 1. Don't call me a Bitchy loser, considering the majority of you fucking people are more than likely obese incels living in someone's basement and 2. I have a spine, I can be very mean if I want to, that doesn't mean I want to scroll through every comment and destroy someone's day just because they said something rude, like shut the literal Fuck up you annoying ass borderline aspie, grow some wrinkles on your brain, you're clearly lacking.

Better yet, swallow some oxy and chill the fuck out, mix some liqour or xans with it and do the world a favor

Grow a more attractive face faggot
Look I ain't trying to say your a bitch, I am offering some advice that I think that will do you good. As harsh as it is.

And I understand that you are upset and reasonable so, your stories while they could use some tweaking, aren't horrible and have a good amount of potential.

Your Djinn story seems interesting thus far, and love to see more it.

I could have used softer words, but I ain't like that. Just don't take too many things I or other people on this site to heart.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Making an observation, you are listed on here as a "well-known author" but I notice a wide disparity between your two Gender Bender/Girls Love works from everything else in terms of statistics. I'm wondering if maybe you're having some trouble with bleedover effect between the different audience bases? In which case, IF IT IS PERMISSIBLE BY TOS, you may want separate accounts (I don't actually know if this is OK, and as such I am not encouraging you to go out and do this, this is just me covering my ass.) for your different genre categories.
You're allowed to have many accounts if you want to, nothing stops that~
I have like, 3 accounts in this website, and some 20+ on NUF (Scribblehub's sister site, owned by the same person), for example, and Tony (the website's owner) is well aware of most of them~

However, you're not allowed to make a second account in order to avoid a ban. This would just lead to you getting IP banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.