Reach out to dedicated reader

Thousand_Faces

New Arthur here and I saw someone was reading my chapter within minutes of being out. There has not been any dialogue with them before, would it be weird to reach out to them in appreciation of them being a reader? Just happy to see someone so engaged in my story and wanted to let them know.

LotsChrono

I don’t think it would be weird. Just send them a private message thanking them for their support and hoping they continue to enjoy the story.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
If you feel like it, go for it!

Szaku

New Arthur here and I saw someone was reading my chapter within minutes of being out. There has not been any dialogue with them before, would it be weird to reach out to them in appreciation of them being a reader? Just happy to see someone so engaged in my story and wanted to let them know.
speaking for myself that would be weird as fuck and id probably stop reading your story because of it.

im the type of reader (and really person in general) who reads stories to enjoy the story. dont care too much about the author/fanbase from the start. but if your writing is good, the story is good, and the fellow readers in the comments section's comments are on point, it does get me in a mood or feeling sometimes to want to talk or reach out as well. onl then do i do so. its rare, but it does in fact happen, even for people like me. i can only imagine it happens more frequently with you social types.. :rolleyes:

the comment section is there for a reason. do be patient/don't be desperate.

EternalSunset0

It's not weird. But I'm speaking as a person who's pretty terrible socially irl but a lot more talkative and outgoing online. I personally write and publish to make new friends and meet new people who enjoy the same things as I do, no matter how few they may be. I hope you do find that person and make a new friend :blob_aww:

*obligatory Arthur comment

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
I'd be cautious if I were you. This is coming from a Wattpad refugee, so take my observation with a grain of salt, but from what I've seen so far with readers here, they tend to be on the shy side. Try not to alienate possible readers by being to forward with them, is all I'm saying.

CL

My advice: not everyone will respond the same way towards whatever you say.:blob_hmm_two:

My suggestion: just do what you would normally do when someone takes an interest in something you've been working on.:blob_hmm:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
This might come out of left field but my advice would be to stay exclusive. You definitely have no credibility as of now but remember; your image makes a major difference.

Be approachable, but not an open door. Be reactive, but not an open safe. Be friendly, but not a pair of open legs.

Just reply accordingly and you're GOLDEN. No need to be extra appreciative; it'll just make you look thirsty and desperate.

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
My guess is this is too late, but just thank readers in the authors note. If they comment, then interact in the comment section. If they don’t, that means they just want to read the chapter and don’t care for further interaction.

Thousand_Faces

My guess is this is too late, but just thank readers in the authors note. If they comment, then interact in the comment section. If they don’t, that means they just want to read the chapter and don’t care for further interaction.
I think that is probably the best comment so far. A global comment that does not direct towards shy readers. I truly appreciate your response. Thank you! ^^

Temple

You can put questions in notes. This is the best way to get a response. And those who respond you'll be sure they're ok with being social so you can reach out to them without weirding them out.