Rex's Daily Life Tips & Tricks

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Update: Just now during Rex's run, Rex made a cute boy fall down.

Rex guesses he was too handsome and made the guy trip and fall while he was also running. :blob_sir:

P.S. - It took all of Rex's self-control to not bust out laughing because it was quite comical. Luckily, Rex is friendly (or pretends to be) irl and helped the guy up. :blobtaco:

TL;DR: Rex so handsome, people lose their balance. :blob_ghost:

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Rex's Daily Tip #639 (Lo-Fi): Good Lo-Fi can be found on YouTube.

However,
here is Rex's personal Lo-Fi mix from Spotify.*

*Rex is a rebel. Rex knows this. :blob_sir:
**One of Rex's favorite lo-fi tracks ever is Butterflies by Nohidea. It's one of those tracks that vibe so hard, it makes you cry a little. (Except Rex. Rex never cries, never have I ever.) :blob_teary:
Butterflies by Nohidea
:blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

I know that melody from somewhere, but fish can't tell from which anime it was. It's been bugging me for weeks.
Tell me.
Now :blobspearpeek:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Butterflies by Nohidea
:blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

I know that melody from somewhere, but fish can't tell from which anime it was. It's been bugging me for weeks.
Tell me.
Now:blobspearpeek:
No you tell meeeeeeee. I've been trying to figure it out for YEARS.:blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:

I eventually wrote it off as me going senile and my brain believing it's nostalgia when I haven't heard it before. Idek anymore. :blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy:

tiaf

No you tell meeeeeeee. I've been trying to figure it out for YEARS.:blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:

I eventually wrote it off as me going senile and my brain believing it's nostalgia when I haven't heard it before. Idek anymore. :blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy:
...you just indirectly proclaimed that we're old :blob_neutral:

Edit: I FOUND IT! :blob_sir:

Last edited:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
To whom it may concern, I don't mind who reads.

Many say "I don't care" when what they really mean is "I don't mind".

There are some people who only follow their own rules. Sometimes, they break their own rules. Personal anarchy can escalate to personal hell when not treated right away.

plural vs singular

Ay, ay, ay I'm your little butterfly
Green, black and blue
Make the colors in the sky

Smile.dk (Butterfly)

tiaf

Omg omg omg. Howwwwwwwwww???? :blob_aww:

I am not old -- I am forever young. :blobchristmas:
I searched the song on YouTube and someone commented what it was derived from :blob_evil_two:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Rex's Daily Tip #787 (Writing/Grammar): Use the he/him (she/her, etc.) rule when you don't know whether you should use who or whom.* :blob_sir:

Examples:

• Who (He) made this stupid post?
  • Thank whom (him) again?
P.S. - Please do not use "whom" when you are trying to be more sophisticated than you actually are. You'll just look like a fool instead. :blob_popcorn:

*It is still very confusing for Rex, so he always uses this reference when he is unsure. :blob_dizzy:
**Not to be confused with
who/which clauses, which are a whole different animal. :blob_no:
***Rex hates grammar, but he also hates it when he spots the mistakes; his editing bone itches when that happens. It's a love-hate relationship that he mostly just hates. :blob_unsure:
When I'm in doubt if I should use who or whom, I usually just rewrite the whole sentence to avoid this trouble... >.>

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Rex's Daily Tip #289 (Social Media): The reason why Rex does not use/browse TikTok is twofold. 1) TikTok is made by a Chinese-based company, which means there is a high chance (~probably 75%) they have access to your data. 2) Because they fall under Beijing's jurisdiction, they remove any and all LGBT content because, if you didn't know, being gay is illegal in China. :blob_hmph:🏳️‍🌈

*Rex has Instagram and Twitter instead. 🐦
**No, Rex will not link his IG because it has Rex's face. :blobspearpeek:

AliceShiki

Rex's Daily Tip #289 (Social Media): The reason why Rex does not use/browse TikTok is twofold. 1) TikTok is made by a Chinese-based company, which means there is a high chance (~probably 75%) they have access to your data. 2) Because they fall under Beijing's jurisdiction, they remove any and all LGBT content because, if you didn't know, being gay is illegal in China. :blob_hmph:🏳️‍🌈

*Rex has Instagram and Twitter instead. 🐦
**No, Rex will not link his IG because it has Rex's face. :blobspearpeek:
My only social media are anonymous internet forums, so... You're not alone in not using Tik-Tok! \(^^)/

Arexio

Coffee Addict
My only social media are anonymous internet forums, so... You're not alone in not using Tik-Tok! \(^^)/
I just don't like the fact that a big social media company can make it so LGBT stuff is illegal. I think that goes against the nature of the internet: free expression. :blob_hmph:

AliceShiki

I just don't like the fact that a big social media company can make it so LGBT stuff is illegal. I think that goes against the nature of the internet: free expression. :blob_hmph:
Tbf, your expression is as free as whatever the rules of the site you're using are.

Like how in NU you cannot link to pirate sites and stuff.

So uhn... I also don't like the fact the company blocks LGBT stuff, but the program is theirs, so they're allowed to do as they see fit.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Rex's Daily Tip #678 (Politics): As an anti-tier gas solution, a cheaper alternative to milk is baking soda + water (1-2 tablespoons per 12-24oz // 15-30g per 500-750ml). :blob_aww:

*Rex sends good vibes to @Frananachi :blob_gift:
**Stay safe anyone else out in the streets in America rn. :blob_nom:
***Here is a thingy/checklist if you're going out:

Safety.JPG

AliceShiki

I never really got much of the point of going protesting tbh... I dunno, I just lost all faith in social movements and stuff I guess, I just stay home when a movement stops me from doing what I wanted to.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
How to cope with social anxiety?
'-'

X
Rex's Daily Tip #266 (Sociology/Psychology)(Psychiatry/Medical): Social Anxiety is a type of "Phobia". When it is severe, excessive, or long-lasting enough, it's classified as a Disorder (SAD).** :blob_popcorn:

Rex's psychologist said Rex has the Performance subtype of SAD, so Rex and Counselor worked through multiple sessions of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) to help reduce Rex's Performance anxiety in social situations. It has not gone away, but it has helped very much. :blobtaco:

TL;DR - Rex recommends counseling (and/or meds) to help with SAD.* :blob_highfive:

*Especially with a skilled counselor with experience treating anxiety disorders; Rex had to try a couple times before he found the right counselor for him.
**Rex's review book has a concise, clinical summary of both Phobia and SAD.
SAD.JPG
***One of Rex's mentors uses propranolol (β-blocker) before speaking in public, so it's perfectly normal. She's Rex's favorite. :blob_melt:
****On a personal level, it can be very difficult to solve the problem on your own. Baby steps, baby steps.

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Rex's Daily Tip #266 (Social/Psychology)(Psychiatry/Medical): Social Anxiety is a type of "Phobia". When it is severe, excessive, or long-lasting enough, it's classified as a Disorder (SAD).** :blob_popcorn:

Rex's psychologist said Rex has the Performance subtype of SAD, so Rex and Counselor worked through multiple sessions of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) to help reduce Rex's Performance anxiety in social situations. It has not gone away, but it has helped very much. :blobtaco:

TL;DR - Rex recommends counseling (and/or meds) to help with SAD.* :blob_highfive:

*Especially with a skilled counselor with experience treating anxiety disorders; Rex had to try a couple times before he found the right counselor for him.
**Rex's review book has a concise, clinical summary of both Phobia and SAD.
***One of Rex's mentors uses propranolol (β-blocker) before speaking in public, so it's perfectly normal. She's Rex's favorite. :blob_melt:
****On a personal level, it can be very difficult to solve the problem on your own. Baby steps, baby steps.
Yeah...counselling didn't help completely...
CBT...I'm scared of doing...
>w<
*knew about CBT years ago*

X

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
sad, social anxiety disorder
happy, natsu's cat
mad, mutually assured destruction
scared, Super CAlif Ragilistic Expiali Docious
umami, vetsin addict

baby steps, a guy takes notes and excels in tennis

Slinky, stress balls, and fidget spinners. However, tuna wins fins down. Tuna is more effective than prozac. Not as potent as lithium, but certainly more cost efficient. All for the Tuna!