SHF Fanart Thread!

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
It will take me an outrageous amount of time, but I can finish both of them. Which one do you like better? That way I’ll finish one first
Stars above!!! You do NOT need to finish them both. That is WAY too much time to take from you!:blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock: As for which one I like the most, I really love the frost effect on the eyes, and I think that wins me over between the difficult choices.
1000% not done hair- I just couldn’t stand the two styles clashing and used a premade brush that is made of strands, leading to a flat look. Especially due to lack of color.
I thought so! Sorry if I put any stress on you by pointing out something that bothered me, but it was just a helpful stand-in for you.
And I’ll see what I can do for the smile!!!
Thank you!!! The mouth doesn't need to changed, just the lower curve of the eye being changed as if the cheek was raised in mirth would be wonderful! You've been so kind about any input I have, and it's just so darn sweet of you! :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:
Adding to what I said- I usually draw each individual strand myself, like in the first one. I’m never a fan of special brushes for some reason
Definitely a case where the artist is more powerful than the code made to do their job!:blob_paint:

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
Stars above!!! You do NOT need to finish them both. That is WAY too much time to take from you!:blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock: As for which one I like the most, I really love the frost effect on the eyes, and I think that wins me over between the difficult choices.

I thought so! Sorry if I put any stress on you by pointing out something that bothered me, but it was just a helpful stand-in for you.

Thank you!!! The mouth doesn't need to changed, just the lower curve of the eye being changed as if the cheek was raised in mirth would be wonderful! You've been so kind about any input I have, and it's just so darn sweet of you! :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

Definitely a case where the artist is more powerful than the code made to do their job!:blob_paint:
No problem about both!!! I’ll do it for fun lol I might just be slower for the second

no stress either btw- I’m glad you could notice the difference! Means I was doing something right lol

- in the smile sketch I only have one eye changed- would you like both raised?

And I too believe in human supremacy lollll
No problem about both!!! I’ll do it for fun lol I might just be slower for the second

no stress either btw- I’m glad you could notice the difference! Means I was doing something right lol

And I’ll improve the smile curve of the changed eye as well!

TheMonotonePuppet

And I’ll improve the smile curve of the changed eye as well!
I think just one eye? The other side of the mouth is pretty relaxed, and ever so slightly downturned, so I don't think the other eye would change in response to the other side, given Sol's pretty tight control over their facial features.

MintiLime

Draw me like a buff Irish man
Do… you have a better description than that?

Bonus: live artist reaction
F2ECE5B7-4ADC-4DC3-B6ED-5A5C31F96E5B.jpeg

Say what?
@Notadate
EE563862-587A-4C9D-AF16-C1648E4C680C.jpeg

Last edited:

MintiLime

Update! Working on the more 3d aspects of the face:

A36EF734-EFDC-4128-8016-80FB9939B199.jpeg

It’s amazing what a little contour can do…
E65788B9-4682-466B-9D4F-87EC0E9F3513.jpeg

Nose time!
1D3ED7F9-5642-4E0D-B0C1-12E1A7343742.jpeg

Last edited:

MintiLime

Fixed nose bridge, adding smile details in
6B7D4270-D714-41B0-BE5E-AA1D496A97F4.jpeg

I made the cheek bones more prominent and changed the outline of the face a bit - I feel like the proportions are a bit better now. Thoughts? Criticisms? Details to add for accuracy of face?
Also I would like to say this is the longest I’ve ever worked on a. Humanoid face as people are notoriously difficult for me so PLEASE let me know if something looks off
I am struggling a bit on implementing the tongue and I had this off the wall idea but it might be too much… what if Sol’s fangs are literally piercing through the tongue?

8F56C9BA-848E-4FC3-9E15-C3DBED2870DF.jpeg

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

Fixed nose bridge, adding smile details in

I made the cheek bones more prominent and changed the outline of the face a bit - I feel like the proportions are a bit better now. Thoughts? Criticisms? Details to add for accuracy of face?
Also I would like to say this is the longest I’ve ever worked on a. Humanoid face as people are notoriously difficult for me so PLEASE let me know if something looks off
I am struggling a bit on implementing the tongue and I had this off the wall idea but it might be too much… what if Sol’s fangs are literally piercing through the tongue?
Wonderful!! Awesome!!! The smiling details are great!!!

And I hadn't noticed an issue, but I agree! Comparing and contrasting, it does look better in fact! For thoughts, I really love it! It is so Magical!!! If you are ok with it, this will be the new cover once the Magical School Arc has started!!! For criticisms, it almost looks like the shadow under the smiling eye is an extra line, but otherwise, I don't have anything to criticize! Just so amazing! For details for accuracy of face, I can't think of anything.

Thank you so, so, SO much for working on it for so long! I seriously admire your willpower! It's so sweet to even set a personal artistry record just to work on your artpiece for Sol. It's genuinely heartwarming.
Sounds like a delightful off-the-wall idea!!! It's something that happened before Sol had eaten Betsie, so that's a great idea! Nice little call-back! And for helping implementing the tongue, do you have large, flexible-ish rubber pieces around your house? You could find heavy books or something, put the books on sharp pencils, and then observe how the rubber looks when part of it is both lolling off the edge, and getting stabbed by something sharp. I dunno. I feel like something like that might help. I'm sure it's super difficult!

MintiLime

Wonderful!! Awesome!!! The smiling details are great!!!

And I hadn't noticed an issue, but I agree! Comparing and contrasting, it does look better in fact! For thoughts, I really love it! It is so Magical!!! If you are ok with it, this will be the new cover once the Magical School Arc has started!!! For criticisms, it almost looks like the shadow under the smiling eye is an extra line, but otherwise, I don't have anything to criticize! Just so amazing! For details for accuracy of face, I can't think of anything.

Thank you so, so, SO much for working on it for so long! I seriously admire your willpower! It's so sweet to even set a personal artistry record just to work on your artpiece for Sol. It's genuinely heartwarming.
Sounds like a delightful off-the-wall idea!!! It's something that happened before Sol had eaten Betsie, so that's a great idea! Nice little call-back! And for helping implementing the tongue, do you have large, flexible-ish rubber pieces around your house? You could find heavy books or something, put the books on sharp pencils, and then observe how the rubber looks when part of it is both lolling off the edge, and getting stabbed by something sharp. I dunno. I feel like something like that might help. I'm sure it's super difficult!
Absolutely thrilled you like the drawing so much!!! Feel free to do whatever you want with it :)))

Yep! I need to go back to the eye. Right now it really is just a black line, and the eyelashes are outlined in white lines… I’ll get back to it lol. I keep circulating between different facial aspects chaotically lol.

I think I’m getting somewhere with the tongue now- the arrangement of the black pattern really helps with the optical illusion of depth.

How do you fell about the grey blood and green poison/saliva combo??
45E45B14-89A3-4A0B-8C54-E8316008C056.jpeg

TheMonotonePuppet

Absolutely thrilled you like the drawing so much!!! Feel free to do whatever you want with it :)))

Yep! I need to go back to the eye. Right now it really is just a black line, and the eyelashes are outlined in white lines… I’ll get back to it lol. I keep circulating between different facial aspects chaotically lol.

I think I’m getting somewhere with the tongue now- the arrangement of the black pattern really helps with the optical illusion of depth.

How do you fell about the grey blood and green poison/saliva combo??
View attachment 24791
IT'S DELIGHTFUL!!!! Grey blood and green saliva is PUUURFECT!!!:blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

MintiLime

IT'S DELIGHTFUL!!!! Grey blood and green saliva is PUUURFECT!!!:blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:
yayyyy!!! Ok now more nose questions:

original:
2B349A82-AB98-40D1-8CBC-1D8BDCD11362.jpeg

Softer:

CDE4FBD1-9445-4F2D-9158-92E6F6E078CB.jpeg

And yes, the softer nose has updated proportions lol. I honestly think I prefer the softer one when comparing side by side. Thoughts?

TheMonotonePuppet

yayyyy!!! Ok now more nose questions:

original:
View attachment 24792

Softer:

View attachment 24793
And yes, the softer nose has updated proportions lol. I honestly think I prefer the softer one when comparing side by side. Thoughts?
Hmmm... took a lot of deliberation... but I think the softer one! I agree with your preference!

MintiLime

Alright and lastly for tonight (or morning… where I’m at it’s about 1 am lol)

89101686-92FA-4775-BAEC-832F62C70DDA.jpeg

Add under eye lashes?