SHF Fanart Thread!

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
View attachment 24795

We do not simply skip details THIS FAR INTO MORDOR!
The sketch of the undereye lashes looks amazing! Really accentuates things nicely already!!! :love: :love: :love:

I definitely do not get the reference! But it sounds like a Lord of the Rings reference, so from what I am imagining, it's freakin' hilarious!!!

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
The sketch of the undereye lashes looks amazing! Really accentuates things nicely already!!! :love: :love: :love:

I definitely do not get the reference! But it sounds like a Lord of the Rings reference, so from what I am imagining, it's freakin' hilarious!!!
Lollll yep lord of the rings reference (one does not simply walk into Mordor or something like that… it’s been a while lol)

im glad you like it! I definitely need to figure out how to do the eyelashes more solidly later, but my art process has basically been “sketch. Spend 4 hours on a detail. Resketch everything else based on detail. Repeat. Realize you have not touched the body in weeks. Realize you have created the equivalent of a human skin mask glued to a stick figure. Choose to hyperfixate on another facial detail.” Rinse and Repeat lol

See you again soon, I’m off to bed!

MintiLime

So far, I’ve had the bow set up to be behind the ear. Would you prefer a more forward facing bow?
BAEE15FF-BA1A-44F4-8434-F81429843983.jpeg

*sketching on my phone on saved pics lol*

MintiLime

Aha I have access to computer
6E835337-D203-410C-915E-6EC2AF152945.jpeg

the journey to jelly lips has begun
More nose questions
4B23C4C4-8BFA-4BC2-BFAB-B3D17FD84364.jpeg

B419661B-CF1D-4F7B-9638-099C8F588BC6.jpeg

Thinner or wider nose??? I know my preference but I’m not giving hints this time

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

So far, I’ve had the bow set up to be behind the ear. Would you prefer a more forward facing bow?
View attachment 24799
*sketching on my phone on saved pics lol*
I have always imagined it as sideways, kind of under the ear, with strong perspective changes, but I would prefer you position the bow in the best location to accentuate the current fashion details! I’m not sure what positioning matches most with the aesthetic I saw a while ago, so really, this is a case I’m leaving to your sensibilities as the designer of the awesome outfit!!!

MintiLime

I have always imagined it as sideways, kind of under the ear, with strong perspective changes, but I would prefer you position the bow in the best location to accentuate the current fashion details! I’m not sure what positioning matches most with the aesthetic I saw a while ago, so really, this is a case I’m leaving to your sensibilities as the designer of the awesome outfit!!!
AAaaaaaaaa *screams of indecisive agony*
But so bow in the back or front of head

*rabid chanting* nose! Nose! NOSE!

MintiLime

Added detail back into lips:
78D44539-0191-440C-A304-448E32E83773.jpeg

Removed crystals and improved fur in ears:
153386BB-6103-491B-A057-6EB7CC172BF2.jpeg

Experimented with fluffy eyelashes:
CFC0AE65-0499-4D95-842D-AA8F968BBF4D.jpeg

hair shape and color prep:
1FC171AD-3515-418F-AEF7-213DE20BE56D.jpeg

Random idea: lengthen neck to be like in those horror movies, flip body position. Back arm would be golem, arm facing viewer would be tied sleeve. (VERY rough sketch, would reposition canvas)
90DCB6E2-3FE1-46B7-9055-077C533083CC.jpeg

The desire to switch art styles every two minutes:
77766EBF-3E00-4E84-817C-549A28DA9A31.jpeg

I kind of like the line on the nose…. Onsiderinv keeping it
Added detail to teeth:
D66C8E30-7A24-44CE-AD98-AEBC8DB27A81.jpeg

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

Added detail back into lips:

Removed crystals and improved fur in ears:

Experimented with fluffy eyelashes:

hair shape and color prep:

Random idea: lengthen neck to be like in those horror movies, flip body position. Back arm would be golem, arm facing viewer would be tied sleeve. (VERY rough sketch, would reposition canvas)

The desire to switch art styles every two minutes:

I kind of like the line on the nose…. Onsiderinv keeping it
Added detail to teeth:
Lips look great!
The fur looks even better! Just beautiful blending! It is really magical! Though I did like the idea of the crystals, they gave the ears a geode look I enjoyed.
Fluffy eyelashes looking cute! Which is perfect! Character is supposed to be cute in the beginning after all! While on the eye section, I wanted to ask whether the eyebrow above the smiling eye could match a cutely roguish smirk?
I am having difficulty imagining it, but if you are inspired, follow that inspiration! I've found that following inspiration leads to a better result for me always, so contort the body however you think will work! I'm not dead set
LOL! That's me with the desire to fill my writing with abstract descriptions of vistas when talking about the mysticality of body parts like eyes or smiles.
I like the line on the nose too! Adds cuteness and charm! I want to keep it!
Love the detail! Gives me Alastor vibes!
By the way, I may be less effusive than I normally am. But that is solely because this woven slender man keeps wobbling with exhaustion! I have never experienced short-term insomnia before! So now I have the utter joy to have a NEW experience! FUN!:blob_party:

MintiLime

Lips look great!
The fur looks even better! Just beautiful blending! It is really magical! Though I did like the idea of the crystals, they gave the ears a geode look I enjoyed.
Fluffy eyelashes looking cute! Which is perfect! Character is supposed to be cute in the beginning after all! While on the eye section, I wanted to ask whether the eyebrow above the smiling eye could match a cutely roguish smirk?
I am having difficulty imagining it, but if you are inspired, follow that inspiration! I've found that following inspiration leads to a better result for me always, so contort the body however you think will work! I'm not dead set
LOL! That's me with the desire to fill my writing with abstract descriptions of vistas when talking about the mysticality of body parts like eyes or smiles.
I like the line on the nose too! Adds cuteness and charm! I want to keep it!
Love the detail! Gives me Alastor vibes!
By the way, I may be less effusive than I normally am. But that is solely because this woven slender man keeps wobbling with exhaustion! I have never experienced short-term insomnia before! So now I have the utter joy to have a NEW experience! FUN!:blob_party:
Oh my goodness get to sleep! Otherwise how will the paralysis demons get to work to feed their families????!!!!

i may reconsider adding the crystals because I did like the geode…. Hmmmm I think maybe I can try differing placements to see

I can definitely try out different eyebrow shapes! I was already thinking of making the eyebrow smoother as well, although I was fond of my original butterfly inspired style. A smirk should be no problem!

glad you like the nose line! My usual art actually tends towards overly detailed line art, and my first good looking attempt at a human was a Posion Ivy comic book style drawing!

Still conflicted on the long neck pose though! I may just need to try it out to compare
Smirk:
Option 1
ED155F7F-B224-4789-A82E-DB35D42CE94C.jpeg

Option 2
C417CD23-8927-48E5-9DB7-E6ACFA46E5E0.jpeg

2D32AF38-7033-4C79-873F-3EDFBEE4F1EC.jpeg

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

Oh my goodness get to sleep! Otherwise how will the paralysis demons get to work to feed their families????!!!!

i may reconsider adding the crystals because I did like the geode…. Hmmmm I think maybe I can try differing placements to see

I can definitely try out different eyebrow shapes! I was already thinking of making the eyebrow smoother as well, although I was fond of my original butterfly inspired style. A smirk should be no problem!

glad you like the nose line! My usual art actually tends towards overly detailed line art, and my first good looking attempt at a human was a Posion Ivy comic book style drawing!

Still conflicted on the long neck pose though! I may just need to try it out to compare
Lol! 😂

Maybe stud the fur on the inside of the ear with varying placements of octagonal prisms of lengths matching with the fur length around them and widths matching the width of the tufts they are closest to.

I am also fond of the butterfly eyebrows! The lack of smoothness makes for more stereotypically masculine eyebrows, which adds a sliiight bit of androgyny to the appearance.

While we’re sharing first good-looking drawings (though that may be stretching it for myself), mine was the fusion Stevonnie from Steven Universe.

MintiLime

Updates, updates, updates

With the new pose, I got to play around with the outfit more. I have managed to make Sol look like well… they’ve got mean girl energy now. Good or bad??? Not sure. Please let me know if the vibes are off.

added touches: one leg is bent the wrong way. Missing arm accounted for
FCE06CC5-B07E-47C4-BA27-FBCFA3AEC484.jpeg

Added makeup as well, I think it ties the look together. Working on lengthening the face a bit for a more accurate and androgynous appearance
9B0E1CC2-B68F-4039-B1E9-D3B1E563158B.jpeg

526F2235-8A9D-4848-A84B-8BF729B4F332.jpeg

I realize this is a complete outfit redesign, so I’ll wait for approval before continuing. It does, however, also follow the spirit of the text. Inspiration: historical stays and bloomers

I really liked the idea of historical stays as they are completely flat chested and emphasize the natural waist more than the regency empire waist I previously used
I was looking to add hair down to about hip/glute length, although that may just be my personal desire for ever longer hair on characters, let me know
ED27C260-642B-4F66-8302-CF5BC36AA778.jpeg

Is this turning into a potential "Creepy Pasta" for a novel?
This is a fan art illustration for Charisma, @TheMonotonePuppet’s novel
CFCFFB74-1BA5-46CB-A752-03095531947A.jpeg

@SailusGebel

Last edited: