SHF High-school Fanfic

DannyTheDaikon

I came here to laugh at you
💨˝/\___/\˝
💨(❀;>ᆺ<;)
˝/\˝/づ˙˙˙˙\づ
@DannyTheDaikon

I need some advice, any I can get.

My situation is getting too stressful. Apparently you can't really do much for mental abuse, and since my stepmom only uses her temper against breaking objects, the police/CPS can't do much, and she can stay in the house for now from what I am hearing through the grapevine. (We were trying to get her kicked out until she gets help from a therapist).

I am still far away with my sisters at a hotel, and I don't know what I can do on my end to at least delay her enough to remove our items and get an apartment, should she somehow talk her way out of whatever that psych-watch or whatever it is called is, which I am certain she will be able to do with how good she is at playing mind games and twisting the truth.
🫂 I'm really sorry that you have to go through this 🫂

Since she hasn't used physical force against any of you, then I can see how it could be difficult to deal with. The only feasible option would be, to move instead. I think kicking her out is going to be borderline impossible as long as nobody is harmed. I think it would be good to try and get a support from some group dedicated to help victims of domestic abuse, because it qualifies (imo). They should be able to help with information the least.

Get something for self-defense, just in case. A Pepper spray would do just fine.
Pepper spray is the only thing you can use, because depending on the laws in your state/country, anything above that can be considered transgression of the limits of self-defence and you end up fucked more than the offender.

DannyTheDaikon

*Surprise chwomp* :blob_nom:

quagma

subatomic cephalopod
*Stops*
*Turns around*
*Starts jogging happily towards the gardens*
Okeee~ :blob_melt:

I agree with cute and squishy, but that harmless tho... *Gets flashbacks to quagma's plans to kill all Mary Sues* yeah... :blob_hmm:
But of course this Daikon has eyes only for Her Stabbyness! :blob_uwu:
No more bloodthirst for us. We've had our fill of slaying. Just fluff for us... for now.

quagma

subatomic cephalopod
🫂 I'm really sorry that you have to go through this 🫂

Since she hasn't used physical force against any of you, then I can see how it could be difficult to deal with. The only feasible option would be, to move instead. I think kicking her out is going to be borderline impossible as long as nobody is harmed. I think it would be good to try and get a support from some group dedicated to help victims of domestic abuse, because it qualifies (imo). They should be able to help with information the least.

Pepper spray is the only thing you can use, because depending on the laws in your state/country, anything above that can be considered transgression of the limits of self-defence and you end up fucked more than the offender.
Currently battling an estranged parent who refuses to use my chosen name and other associated ape noises. Abusive, but not physically. The type where they're nice in public but at home they are a terror. It's a nasty situation, and the worst part is: they're staying for the summer and there's nothing we can do to stop them. Aside from moving out, which we can't afford.

Yet. We'll escape their clutches someday, gotta hold out hope for that.

So we write to distract ourselves from the trauma and stress. We'll figure out this being alive thing someday. Maybe.

Fluff is good. :blob_uwu:
Would you be opposed to a headpat?
We would not be opposed to a lovely boop. く⁠コ⁠:⁠彡 ₊ ˚ ⊹

DannyTheDaikon

No more bloodthirst for us. We've had our fill of slaying. Just fluff for us... for now.
Oke, then this Daikon will gladly host you on her head :blob_uwu:
Currently battling an estranged parent who refuses to use my chosen name and other associated ape noises. Abusive, but not physically. The type where they're nice in public but at home they are a terror. It's a nasty situation, and the worst part is: they're visiting for the summer and there's nothing we can do to stop them.

So we write to distract ourselves from the pain and stress. We'll figure out this being alive thing someday. Maybe.
Parents not be assholes to their children impossible challenge :blob_neutral: I hope you can at least hide in your room or something to have a bit of normalcy. Danny gives a pat pat too, if you'd like :blob_evil_two:

く⁠コ⁠:⁠彡 ₊ ˚ ⊹
Cute :blob_evil_two:

Currently battling an estranged parent who refuses to use my chosen name and other associated ape noises. Abusive, but not physically. The type where they're nice in public but at home they are a terror. It's a nasty situation, and the worst part is: they're staying for the summer and there's nothing we can do to stop them. Aside from moving out, which we can't afford.

So we write to distract ourselves from the trauma and stress. We'll figure out this being alive thing someday. Maybe.
I believe in you, little octupi. :blob_uwu:
*boop*

quagma

subatomic cephalopod
Oke, then this Daikon will gladly host you on her head :blob_uwu:

Parents not be assholes to their children impossible challenge :blob_neutral: I hope you can at least hide in your room or something to have a bit of normalcy. Danny gives a pat pat too, if you'd like :blob_evil_two:

Cute :blob_evil_two:
No worries! Will gladly take a boop from you too. Our room is where all our stuff is, so luckily, we've built it to be a bastion from terror and the outside world. It's where we keep our aquariums and plants, after all.

I believe in you, little octupi. :blob_uwu:

*boop*
*boops back* no, u

MatchaChocolate69

Edible Bittersweet Edgelord, Rebel against Entropy
Eh? Then who is this mysterious second cat? :blob_dizzy:
I thought I had given enough clues, and I thought you would have guessed it earlier. Should I tell you the name? :blob_hmm:
I rarely played anything past gen 3 and mostly played ROM hacks, I still can't believe X and Y was an entire decade ago.
Pokémon Crystal is my favorite, and I also stopped at the third generation. I think they got a bit lost after that, but it's also because I was no longer part of the target audience. I enjoyed playing Pokémon Black and White years later with an emulator, as they are among the few that attempted a slightly more mature storyline, and I liked N as a villain; his motivation is justified
It's basically a writing prompt, if you're familiar with Choose Your Own Adventure books, it's that but you're the one doing all the write ups. There's also several modes and mods that can apply to all your jumps.
You can summarize it like this: nonetheless, I was still surprised to find such a large community around this concept, and upon reflection, I realized that it's both a writing tool and a fun game that provides a foundation to build upon. My initial approach to writing was much more haphazard, but I also started with fan fiction and shameless copies of existing IP.
Hopefully the latter releases sooner than the former...
:blob_sweat: If I had to choose I would definitely entrust my life to you than to George...
I've never dreamed of people I've met online before... how does your mind visualize it? Do you imagine what I look like irl or are the images stylized?
It's really strange, in the dream it's as if we were discussing in the forum in a written way but the interaction is much faster, if not instantaneous.
I also dreamed about Mama and Danny, in this way. However, I don't remember the content of the discussions, but they left me elated.
I also dreamed of arguing with Envy. That one left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Recently I dreamed of you IRL, I guess as my subconscious imagines you and it was a good experience even though I cannot grasp the details.
I woke up both shocked and happy.
Dreams are elusive, but they leave a trace that lingers in the mind.
You can only buy the battle pass through paid lunacy, and yes, it's very worth it if solely for the two WAW egos in the pass.
Do'h! I had missed the subtlety. It seemed too good to be to be true.
It is intentionally easy, since you used to be not able to grind resources at all until clearing canto 2. Though on release the Aida fight was pretty hard so they had to nerf the number of slots, there used to be four mariachis with Aida instead of 2.
I see. It makes sense.
I think the fight mechanics are in the passives though? :sweat_smile: The first time you encounter skin prophet in the story you aren't told what to do either. It was pretty straightforward to me, hit all the candles, attack pattern and resistances change.
I'm such a bad player. :blob_no:
The abnormality fights aren't really spoilery, I'm pretty sure they lock the story-related fights? It would suck if you suddenly encounter Ahab, Dongbaek or Dongrang though. Simply entering those are already spoilers
Spoilers in the sense that they show me enemies I haven't faced yet, and I would have preferred to discover them gradually. They don't ruin the enjoyment of the narrative, but I won't have the element of surprise when I encounter them during the story.
Thing is, it's your only renewable source of Lunacy... that's why your IDs are leveled to 45 so newbies have a chance. The endgame content is Ritornello(basically the hard mode) and railway.
I understand, so how many times a week do you think I should repeat it? I don't think I can manage once a day. Maybe take advantage of at least the 3 bonuses? I should look for a farming guide.:blob_hmm:
Special encounters(the question marks) are fine, since it specifically tells you the outcome. Just avoid getting into a fight.
Yes I will do that, it's the best strategy.
Do consult me for game balance and boss fight mechanics, I played a lot of RPGmaker games so I know a bit about those :blob_cookie:
A combat system like Honkai Star Rail's would seem the most suitable, although it would be fantastic to replicate Darkest Dungeon.

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
💨˝/\___/\˝
💨(❀;>ᆺ<;)
˝/\˝ /づ˙˙˙˙˙\づ
@DannyTheDaikon

My situation is getting too stressful. Apparently you can't really do much for mental abuse, and since my stepmom only uses her temper against breaking objects, the police/CPS can't do much, and she can stay in the house for now from what I am hearing through the grapevine. (We were trying to get her kicked out until she gets help from a therapist).

I am still far away with my sisters at a hotel, and I don't know what I can do on my end to at least delay her enough to remove our items and get an apartment, should she somehow talk her way out of whatever that psych-watch or whatever it is called is, which I am certain she will be able to do with how good she is at playing mind games and twisting the truth.
I’m not a lawyer. None of my “legal advice” is necessarily accurate. Use at your own risk.
You live in the US, correct? And you are an adult as well, right? If so, if you own or rent the property your mother is on, and she isn’t involved anywhere in the contracts for it, you might be able to get her arrested for trespassing.

MatchaChocolate69

💨˝/\___/\˝
💨(❀;>ᆺ<;)
˝/\˝ /づ˙˙˙˙˙\づ
@DannyTheDaikon

Just got word, she talked her way out. 💢
The only thing I can do is tell you that I'm with you in spirit and that I'm rooting for you. The others have already given you some good advice. I hope you'll be able to distance yourself from this person and find the peace you deserve.
Hang in there, Enigma.
A hug.

MatchaChocolate69

*hugs their tentacles*
I'm sorry to hear this.
You can vent here with us if you need to.